Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at
Diablo II Version History
- Patch 1.13c
A new Mystery has been revealed!
- Adventurers of Sanctuary are hereby warned once again, that a new challenge
awaits you. Within Diablo's Bosses, spanning across the world from the
ancient Monastery Catacombs to the Throne of Destruction, is where you'll
find what you seek...
- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.
- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town
- Fixed an issue where some players could disconnect other players when
they had too many active states.
- Fixed two issues where players could stack auras in an unintended way.
- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed
before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the
window loses and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in
windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it
- Fangskin should now properly drop loot in Hell difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after
it was resurrected.
- Fixed an issue where if you had two items which provided auras to
a mercenary and you unequipped one, the aura from the remaining
item never became active.
- Fixed an issue where the Paladin class runeword 'Principle' wasn't
having all of its stats applied properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Paladin's Charge ability would become locked
out if Holy Shield faded while charging.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian's Leap ability could become locked
out if they were hit when they started to leap.
- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest
will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players
who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be
maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items
required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana
globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- When creating a single player game, each difficulty button is now bound
to a unique key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now
bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect' which allows users to
not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing in windowed mode.
This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This enables sound
- Added the following aliases for pre-existing command line options,
'-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed'.
Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes
- Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and
Immolation effect by 50%.
- Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
- Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
- Dragon Claw - Synergy receives 4% additional damage per point of Claw Mastery.
- Dragon Talon - The bonus to Attack Rating per point has been increased to 35.
- Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
- Combo points awarded by combo moves now last 15 seconds, up from 9.
- Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
- Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
- Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.
- Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
- Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
- Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.
- Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer
loses life when the golem takes damage).
- Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100%
to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
- Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.
- Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and
4% per point of Warmth.
- Blaze - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Firewall
and 4% per point of Warmth.
- Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
- Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
- Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
TL; DR version - respecs, dramatically improved rune drop rates, less duping
List of your fellow Arcadians
PA name - Realm account name
Goose! - Branta
Ringmaster - Sinuath
Sven - Archcannon
PierceNeck - bl1pjrh
nealcm - nealcm
noobert - ntravis
eelektrik - eelektrik
Morkath - Morkath
Zen Vulgarity - Zenvulgarity
KalTorak - KalTorak
jars - jars
dinoarus - dinoarus2
Mustachio Jones - mustachiojones
Rakai - Rakai (mostly hardcore)
Ultimakay - Ultimakay
Tag - Tagged (softcore), Toe_Tag (hardcore)
DanOrc - Danorc4511
Deswa - Deswa
Kivutar - morgant1, etc.
ronya - ronya and ronya2 and ronya3 and ronya4 (the latter three are mules)
Dr_Faust - Dr_Faust
Grislo - Grislo4, javskill
lordswing - FlipPaulHewitt
Al_Wat - AWATTS
Big Red Tie - Confrijoles3 and Confrijoles4 (SC NL)
local flavor police - fortysixand3
Fatty-McPhat - tmntrocksteady and tmntbrosteady
evilthecat - evility
Garthor - garthor
Vic - nordain
Metacortex - metacortex
Chen - pachen
SkutSkut - skuttie
Marek - MDS01 (MDS'zero'1)
Asharaxx - asharaxx
Joker - Zegga
cncaudata - cncaudata
BrilliantInsanity - dolosus
breton-brawler - Bbrawler
Ianator - Ianator
Oatmeal - beyonk
The Doctor - timmymouse
Skitoria - skitoria
Joeslop - joeslop
Angelshade113 - angelshade
Gatsuioki - ?
Rhapsody - PA-Rhapsody
TehChowd - techowd (no this is not a typo)
E.Coyote - grolorm
ParisInFlames - skoot
Tarantio - bucket
starfall - ?
Logicow - logicow
beasteh - gungnir85
Xenogears of Bor - xob
monoplexblob - monoplexblob
MeowMixx - rotiart
Robman - Robman
No Great Name - nogreatname (hardcore because I am not a bitch)
BahamutZERO - BahamutZERO10 (pretty much just hardcore because NGN beats me when he thinks I was looking at other modes)
stfuad - daufts and wagako and okagaw (classic)
Rakai - Rakai (mostly hardcore)
Tag - Tagged (softcore), Toe_Tag (hardcore)
Feldorn - Mortenya
RazzleDazz - RazzleDazz
RawrBear - RawrBear
Lu Tze - lutze
Enfilade - loudog004
PM me to be added to the list.
Most of the time, we'll be in-game - message account names from the list above. (command: /m *accountname message).
When not in-game (which is rare) we hang out in the channel named PA. This is also an Italian Warcraft III clan or something, we have no idea who they are, but they don't normally bother us. Enter Chat > Channel > type "pa" in the box, no password.
Game Naming Conventions
The Softcore crew tends to start up a Normal game/pass with the following: panr1/wang
The Hardcore crew tends to start up a Normal game/pass with the following: pahnr1/wang
Nightmare difficulty games tend to be: panm1/wang for Softcore or pahnm1/wang for Hardcore
Hell difficulty games tend to be: pahhl1/wang for Hardcore. Softcore can be pahl1/wang or pall1/wang.
Muling or whatever games are usually pamule/wang.
Since the start of ladder season six there have been issues with people failing to join games; the situation has improved but occasionally you will see this happening. If someone appears to have joined pahl2/wang but the game tells you pahl2 doesn't exist, the person is probably currently stuck at a loading screen. Etiquette permits you to go ahead and create pahl3/wang.
Further iterations of the number for new games (in case folks need the earlier completed quests). Or just add any of the account names above to your Diablo II friends list by typing /f add AccountName (no asterisk needed) and you'll be able to see who is online or available to private message. Feel free to start up the PA games on your own, and other people might find you.
Also, when you start up a new game, post the game to this thread, if you want to have more visibility and attract some PA lurkers.
Why should you follow these naming conventions? Well, you want to play with other PAers, don't you? It makes it much easier to find you and play with you when we all use the same names/passwords for games.