As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at

1575859606163»

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ugh, I restarted too. Probably just playing casual, but I made an acct on east darklite_x. Starting a fishymancer. No matter how many times I play this game I ALWAYS start w/ a fishymancer.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Well this game is still absurdly fun so the price of dinner at the pub seems worth it for the 392 hours you're going to sink into this game

True, i just always have had a hard time with the whole, "paying for a game twice" thing. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well this game is still absurdly fun so the price of dinner at the pub seems worth it for the 392 hours you're going to sink into this game

Seriously - this game is worth it if only for all the money it's saving me by making me not buy any other games.

KalTorak on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Item shops sell cd keys from $5-10 for a set, but you risk coming across a used CD key which actually isn't too bad, just email the store that it's used and they'll get you a new one. It's more troubling if weeks later, it turns out it's been sold again, and someone is using your cd key.

I've had luck with mine so far though, no complaints yet.

@Rob, a cheap Sin/melee armor is Treachery, Shael/Thul/Lem. I would use it on most melee characters due to 45 ias and Fade (+resists and damage reduction), but Sins get to use the +2 skills as well.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    got a load of free stuff for you rob, /m gungnir85 if you want any.

Beasteh on
  • stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    frees in pamule come quick

stfuad on
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pamule still up?

EDIT: I'm leveling a necro in panr01//wang atm, just rescued Cain.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Seriously - this game is worth it if only for all the money it's saving me by making me not buy any other games.

Beasteh on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow my ride has been pimped

PA delivers again <3

Robman on
  • ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of pimping, does anyone have an Arm of King Leoric they'd be willing to donate to my fishymancer? I can repay in some manner down the road(just got to A5 normal).

Zulkir on
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    Item shops sell cd keys from $5-10 for a set, but you risk coming across a used CD key which actually isn't too bad, just email the store that it's used and they'll get you a new one. It's more troubling if weeks later, it turns out it's been sold again, and someone is using your cd key.

@Rob, a cheap Sin/melee armor is Treachery, Shael/Thul/Lem. I would use it on most melee characters due to 45 ias and Fade (+resists and damage reduction), but Sins get to use the +2 skills as well.

Item shops? You mean brick and mortar or online shops?

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow my ride has been pimped

PA delivers again <3

Still looking for a new hammerdin weapon.

Using my level 4 scepter.

I'm in my 60s now. :(

SeñorAmor on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Are the servers down atm?

EDIT: Disregard, I'm in. Had to make a new account though, but all of my old chars would have been deleted by now anyway.

When your characters expire, they don't actually get deleted unless someone creates a new account with the same name. So you could have MFSORCBOT23iouoigs that will probably never get deleted.

Mine were completly wiped when I came back, and I'm pretty sure no one took my names.

Actually I had to remake my account when I came back I think, hmm I wonder if I have a second account I am forgetting about loaded with goodies.

I should check when I get home tonight.

Morkath on
    edited May 2010

Online shops sell just the keys, which you can then register at blizzard in order to download the game files.

@Morkath, that's just what I've been told at least, if you make obscure names, your characters should be fine. I've never had a problem with keeping characters from expiring dot though...

lordswing on
    edited May 2010
    perming pauber1 if anyone is interested.

stfuad on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    get online flip!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited May 2010
    i'm on slut

lordswing on
  • FirehellkiteFirehellkite Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the rush and runs earlier, Chen.

If anyone needs chippies, let me know.
    Also, is a perfect defense 14/15 superior BP worth anything anymore?

Firehellkite on
    edited May 2010
    Oh my god I love this game. Just solo'd Baal with my friend parked in Act 1 for shits and giggles, seeing him puke his guts was a huge FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS moment

Realizing that the ethereal unique polearm that dropped from the minions before Baal was better then any of the rares that Baal dropped was not.

EDIT I am level 37 three days after buying this game. Ohh nooooo my life is gone again.

Robman on
  • Cold FusionCold Fusion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I currently have a hardcore 85 Summoner who has the standard RS/SM/CE maxed out, and I'm looking for suggestions on what I should focus on next. This dude is basically going to be an all purpose MF/rush type character, so what do you guys suggest? I was thinking either the bone armor synergies, skeleton mages, or possibly bone spirit to help get the army started. Leaning towards the BA synergies as I'm not a fan of mages personally, but looking for any opinions either way.

Cold Fusion on
    1309077-1.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd throw a couple points in Dim Vision. It's pretty nice when it covers the whole screen, or you can use it to blind offscreen Gloams.

KalTorak on
    edited May 2010
    EDIT I am level 37 three days after buying this game. Ohh nooooo my life is gone again.

Are you still in normal or did you already get the Baal quest? I could do with a grush (requires a lv. 40 who hasn't done normal Baal quest or "bumper")

@Cold Fusion - I'd put points into either mages, or revives if you ever plan on getting an Enigma (Uber Trist would be opened up for you) or just respec when/if you get one. Bone spirit won't help that much in getting your army started, just wait for your merc to get the first kill then start the CE chain.

Fishymancer guide is slightly outdated, but still useful. Nightfish goes for a split between revives, amp, golem mastery, summon resist and lower resist.

lordswing on
    edited May 2010
    I already moved into nightmare :(

What is a "grush" by the way?

Robman on
    edited May 2010
    I already moved into nightmare :(

What is a "grush" by the way?

Short for glitch rush, by partying with the bumper, level 1s can get rushed through Hell A5 with the bumper completing all the quests for everyone.

lordswing on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

Online shops sell just the keys, which you can then register at blizzard in order to download the game files.

@Morkath, that's just what I've been told at least, if you make obscure names, your characters should be fine. I've never had a problem with keeping characters from expiring dot though...

Yeah I checked, I think they used to not delete them, but it looks like they are now after 90 days. Probably clearing things out for SC2/D3.

Morkath on
    edited May 2010
    can someone kill my normal ancients for me please.

stfuad on
  • ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I currently have a hardcore 85 Summoner who has the standard RS/SM/CE maxed out, and I'm looking for suggestions on what I should focus on next. This dude is basically going to be an all purpose MF/rush type character, so what do you guys suggest? I was thinking either the bone armor synergies, skeleton mages, or possibly bone spirit to help get the army started. Leaning towards the BA synergies as I'm not a fan of mages personally, but looking for any opinions either way.

Not too fond of mages myself, I'd look at curses: attract for cc, lower resist for super PI's and Decrepify are all good ones. Also revives and Dim Vision as lordswing mentioned.

Zulkir on
    edited May 2010
    I finally have a bumper ready.

stfuad on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow, 101 pages.

New thread!

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zulkir wrote: »

Not too fond of mages myself, I'd look at curses: attract for cc, lower resist for super PI's and Decrepify are all good ones. Also revives and Dim Vision as lordswing mentioned.

Yeah, a point in Revive would be a good idea if you don't have it already. With +skills you'll get plenty of revives, and some of them can be NASTY - there are even a few, like frenzytaurs, that have CB chances. They're dumb as posts, but you'll just keep pulling them up fresh anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

JihadJesus on
  • starfallstarfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    just got tempbanned... there is a high lvl tiara, a mid lvl bow and isenharts armor in pa mule. they are all up fro grabs if anyone wants them

starfall on
  • starfallstarfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    is anyone gonna be around tomorow night around 7pm PST that can hell rush my sorc?

starfall on