As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tv > laptop Video Recording

King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Basically I want to record game play to my laptop from my TV so I can upload gameplay videos. Whats the cheapest and easiest way to do this.

King Kong on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Getting some sort of capture card?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I use an Adaptec Gamebridge. You may be able to hunt around and find it cheaper. I picked it up for like $30 on woot a while ago. It's not hi-def and the video is somewhat lacking, but it does what it says it does.

A nifty feature is your computer sees it as a video capture device, like a webcam, so you can stream video from it to programs that use webcams, like chat software.

pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You might want to try asking for advice in this thread. It's where the numerous 'Let Players' that inhabit the PA forums reside. There should be plenty of people in there who can answer your questions regarding the matter of gameplay capture and capture cards.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg