As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SMALL WORLD] Amazons and Wizards and Ghouls, Oh My!

Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed VigiloConfidoRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Critical Failures
OP came out of Valkun's pocket while he wasn't looking.
smallworld.jpeg

What the?
Small World is a game of territory domination with an emphasis of strategic thinking over random dice rolls. Each player will be able to select from a number of randomly generated races which combine the race's abilities with a special power to generate combinations ranging between ho-hum and outstandingly powerful. However, you have to decide when to abandon your current race in favor of a new one as the original lacks the power to expand or outlives its usefulness.

How do I join?
I'll be accepting invitations in this thread until 6:00 PM Central Time 20 April 2010. From those, I'll randomly select 4 people to join. Since there is no hidden information in the game, I'll be taking the fifth slot. Make your posts colorful and bolded so I can more easily pick them out.

Guidelines for playing:
The initial race/special power stack will be randomized. There will be tables listing all the race/abilities and dice rolls on invisible castle will determine which one appears next. I'll handle generating the first six. Whenever a player selects a new active race from the stack, it is their responsibility to generate a new race. Discarded powers/races will be put into new stacks with a fixed order in case we run through the random ones.

Players can make their own rolls for final conquests/berserk (roll 1d6, 4,5,6 = 0) and are responsible for reposting the game summary with their additions/alterations. Post how many points you earned for your turn, but keep the total to yourself. At the end of the game, we'll reveal how many points we've earned. There is no way to stop it, but it is against the spirit (and rules) of the game to keep a running total of other players' points.

To keep the game flowing faster, each retreating unit from conquered regions will go to the region with the least defense that does not contain an immunity token like the dragon, hero, or halfling hole. Water regions are considered immune as well. Multiple retreating units will each check for whatever is lowest at the time they are placed.

Useful Links
Rules
FAQ

Race Summary:
1. Amazons (6) Use 4 Additional Amazons during conquest.
2. Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.
3. Elves (6) Do not suffer losses when conquered.
4. Ghouls (5) Act as if activate when in decline.
5. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
6. Halflings (6) First conquest anywhere. Place 2 immune hole-in-the-grounds in the first 2 areas conquered.
7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
8. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
9. Ratmen (8) No Racial Power.
10. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single unit adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
12. Tritons (6) Conquer adjacent to water at -1 units.
13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. These stay even in decline.
14. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.

EXPANSION RACES:
15. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
16. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
17. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

Special Power Summary:
1. Alchemist (4) Collect 2 exta coins at the end of each turn while active.
2. Berserk (4) You can use the reinforcement die for every conquest and roll before selecting the region.
3. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s) that count as one unit each for defense.
4. Commando (4) You may conquer any region at -1 units.
5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
8. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress confers 1 extra coin while active and 1 defense. These remain even in decline.
10. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
11. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
13. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
17. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
18. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
19. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
20. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.

EXPANSION POWERS:
21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
24. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
26. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

The Map:
smallworld5.jpg

The Territories By Quadrant:

NORTHWEST
Drake Sea
Dragon Coast
Ent's Harbor
Leyland
Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
Swamps of Despair (1) Lost Tribe
Warlock Falls
Westros (1) Lost Tribe
Windmillia
Witch Marsh
World's End

NORTHEAST
Doveland
Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
Ghitu Lowlands
Iron Spine
Mount Mithril
Northwoods
Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
Waterwood
White Crag

SOUTHEAST
Burning Steppes
Corner Sea
Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
Falling Leaves (1) Lost Tribe
Gug (1) Lost Tribe
High Peaks
Mid Peaks
Misty Vale
Piercing Delta (1) Lost Tribe
Rainbow Lake
Rivertown
Saint's Pride
Secluded Vale
Southpeak

SOUTHWEST
Deathmaw
Dryad's Retreat (1) Lost Tribe
Engorged Marsh (1) Lost Tribe
Lowlands
Midland (1) Lost Tribe
Platinum Plateau (1) Lost Tribe
Quicksilver Forest (1) Lost Tribe
Raptor's Nest
Silver Mist (1) Lost Tribe
Tranquil Expanse
Valorock
Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
Gandalf_the_Crazed on

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes please!

El Skid on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

admanb on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hell yes. !signup

SlickShughes on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Sign up! Because I love the ride at Disneyland. And by Disneyland I mean Flying Sorcerers.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Incidentally, if we get a round or two in and people are like "fuck this quadrant bullshit", we can fuck that quadrant bullshit and go back to alphabetical bullshit. ;-)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GRRASRAWR WARFWR

this is me frantically signing up

Zellpher on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reserve up; I know how to play, and would be fine taking over and making the best of a bad situation, if needed.

Darian on
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm interested, but I think I'll sit this one out and observe to get a better feel for the game.

ronrab on
  • IAmUnawareIAmUnaware Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reserve up as well.

Also, I told my girlfriend about the game after playing it in the last PbP and showed her the thread, which motivated her to buy it for my birthday. We have had a great time with it since. I love these boards.

IAmUnaware on
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    EDIT-

Scratch that, you already got 5.

Hippie on
  • JesusMcCheesusJesusMcCheesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm totally hooked on this game. Though my wife finds the setup a bit tedious. I do wish it was a bit easier to setup / access the pieces.

Seeing as I've never played in a Pbp game before I'll follow this Pbp closely and try to hop in on the next game when it's created . :-)

JesusMcCheesus on
    edited April 2010
    Hippie wrote: »
    EDIT-

Scratch that, you already got 5.
    I'll be accepting invitations in this thread until 6:00 PM Central Time 20 April 2010. From those, I'll randomly select 4 people to join.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to display interest in a future game. Life's getting hectic in this week, but if you feel like running a game in the future I'd love to participate.

Rich

Shushnik on
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This seems like fun

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010
    Having gone over the rules at length now, I believe I would in fact like to !sign up

ronrab on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Sign up

If I don't get into the CitOW game, I would love to play this.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I fucking love Small World. SIGN UP!!!

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
    edited April 2010
    The results and turn order, color-coded for future convenience!

1. simulacrum (simulacrum in decline)
    2. The Lawinator (Law in decline)
    3. El Skid (El Skid in decline)
    4. Gandalf_the_Crazed (GtC in decline)
    5. SlickShughes (SS in decline)

And the beginning race/power combinations?

1. Marauding (5) Sorcerors (5)
    2. Wealthy (4) Ghouls (5)
    3. Flying (5) Ratmen (8)
    4. Fortified (3) Priestesses (4)
    5. Berserk (4) Humans (5)
    6. Spirit (5) Wizards (5)

Which leaves the following...

...races:
    4. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
    5. Halflings (6) First conquest anywhere. Place 2 immune hole-in-the-grounds in the first 2 areas conquered.
    6. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
    7. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
    8. Tritons (6) Conquer adjacent to water at -1 units.
    9. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. These stay even in decline.

EXPANSION RACES:
    10. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
    11. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
    12. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
    13. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

...and powers:
    2. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s) that count as one unit each for defense.
    3. Commando (4) You may conquer any region at -1 units.
    4. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
    5. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    6. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
    7. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
    8. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
    9. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
    10. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
    11. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    12. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
    13. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
    14. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
    15. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.

EXPANSION POWERS:
    16. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    17. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    18. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    19. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    20. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
    21. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

All right then. simulacrum, the world is your oyster! (See the previous PbP for an example of how to keep the turn progression tidy, if necessary. Personally, I'm not too particular about form, as long as I can look at your post and know what goes where and how the fuck you managed to screw me over within the rules. ;-) )

smallworld5.jpg

NORTHWEST
    Drake Sea
    Dragon Coast
    Ent's Harbor
    Leyland
    Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
    Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
    Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
    Warlock Falls
    Westros (1) Lost Tribe
    Windmillia
    Witch Marsh
    World's End

NORTHEAST
    Doveland
    Ghitu Lowlands
    Iron Spine
    Mount Mithril
    Northwoods
    Waterwood
    White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    Burning Steppes
    Corner Sea
    Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    High Peaks
    Mid Peaks
    Misty Vale
    Rainbow Lake
    Rivertown
    Saint's Pride
    Secluded Vale
    Southpeak

SOUTHWEST
    Deathmaw
    Lowlands
    Midland (1) Lost Tribe
    Raptor's Nest
    Tranquil Expanse
    Valorock
    Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited April 2010
    ...There are some insane combinations up there to start. I'm sad I'm not picking sooner :(

El Skid on
    edited April 2010
    Mmm, flying ratmen.

ronrab on
    edited April 2010
    I've only played this once before, and that was without the expansion, so this should be interesting.

TheLawinator on
    edited April 2010
    ...races:
    5. Halflings (6) First conquest anywhere. Place 2 immune hole-in-the-grounds in the first 2 areas conquered.
    7. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
    9. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. These stay even in decline.
      EXPANSION RACES:
    10. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
    11. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
    12. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
    13. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

...and powers:
    2. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s) that count as one unit each for defense.
    3. Commando (4) You may conquer any region at -1 units.
    4. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
    5. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    6. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
    7. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
    8. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
    9. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
    10. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
    11. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    12. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
    13. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
    14. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
    15. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
      EXPANSION POWERS:
    16. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    17. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    18. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    19. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    20. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
    21. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Suggestion for you to make it easier to pick race/power combinations later: make it a numbered list, then just roll 1dn for each one (where n is the highest number available)

Also, a better blue (like maybe MrB's favorite DodgerBlue) for Lawinator's in decline race would be good

Darian on
    edited April 2010
    You mean like you just did? ;-)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited April 2010

Well, it's just a suggestion...

Darian on
    edited April 2010
    Darian wrote: »

Well, it's just a suggestion...

A good one, though. Done.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Things might happen soon.

TheLawinator on
    edited April 2010
    Things might happen soon.

What makes you think that?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Simulacrum might do a thing?

TheLawinator on
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, I wasn't able get on last night.

I'll work on my choices right now.

simulacrum on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bonus points if you guys write up in-character narratives each turn.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2010

2. The Lawinator (Law in decline)

1. Wealthy (4) Ghouls (5)
    2. Flying (5) Ratmen (8)
    3. Fortified (3) Priestesses (4)
    4. Berserk (4) Humans (5)
    5. Spirit (5) Wizards (5)
    6. Commando (4) Trolls (5)

...races:

EXPANSION RACES:
    9. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
    10. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
    11. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
    12. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

...and powers:
    3. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
    4. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    5. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
    6. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
    7. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
    8. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
    9. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
    10. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    11. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
    12. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
    13. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
    14. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.

EXPANSION POWERS:
    15. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    16. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    17. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    18. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    19. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
    20. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Simulacrum
    Active race: Marauding (pillaging?) Sorcerors[10]
    Decline race: {none}
    Summary: Selected marauding Sorcerors as active race. generated 9,3 Commando Trolls. Conqured Rolling flats, Rush valley, Westros, Ents Harbor, warlock falls, and witch marsh

Conquest
    Conquer:
    Rolling flats[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Rush valley[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Westros[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Warlock falls[0]: 2
    witch marsh[0]: 2
    Ents harbor[0]:2

Final conquest:
    None

Points earned:6

Redeploy:
    None
    smallworld5.jpg

NORTHWEST
    Drake Sea
    Dragon Coast
    Ent's Harbor(2) Marauding sorcerors
    Leyland
    Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
    Rolling Flats (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Rush Valley (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Warlock Falls (2) Marauding sorcerors
    Westros (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Windmillia
    Witch Marsh (2) Marauding sorcerors
    World's End

NORTHEAST
    Doveland
    Ghitu Lowlands
    Iron Spine
    Mount Mithril
    Northwoods
    Waterwood
    White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    Burning Steppes
    Corner Sea
    Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    High Peaks
    Mid Peaks
    Misty Vale
    Rainbow Lake
    Rivertown
    Saint's Pride
    Secluded Vale
    Southpeak

SOUTHWEST
    Deathmaw
    Lowlands
    Midland (1) Lost Tribe
    Raptor's Nest
    Tranquil Expanse
    Valorock
    Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe

Sorry that took forever, I had class. >.<

Hope I did that right.

Edit: fixed it

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010
    Dont you get to do more attacks from your marauding power, Simulacrum?

El Skid on
    edited April 2010
    El Skid wrote: »
    Dont you get to do more attacks from your marauding power, Simulacrum?

Well I though Marauding meant pillaging since I didn't see it listed in the rules.

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010
    It's from one of the expansions; look further down in the OP:

25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.

With that in mind, you probably want to do something different (you don't make bonus VP for conquering lost tribes).

Darian on
    edited April 2010
    Well don't I feel like a silly goose then. >.>

I'll fix that right now.

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010
    Heh. I was wondering what (pillaging?) meant.

El Skid on
    edited April 2010
    Now I have more time to think!

TheLawinator on
    edited April 2010
    Oh god I just realized that you fixed it and I have to do my turn now.

TheLawinator on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I probably should have said that I fixed it.

Sorry about that.

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010

2. The Lawinator (Law in decline) <-This Guy's up!

1. Flying (5) Ratmen (8)
    2. Fortified (3) Priestesses (4)
    3. Berserk (4) Humans (5)
    4. Spirit (5) Wizards (5)
    5. Commando (4) Trolls (5)
    6. Alchemist (4) Elves (6)

...races:
    3. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
    4. Halflings (6) First conquest anywhere. Place 2 immune hole-in-the-grounds in the first 2 areas conquered.
    5. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
    6. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
    7. Tritons (6) Conquer adjacent to water at -1 units.

EXPANSION RACES:
    8. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
    9. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
    10. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
    11. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

...and powers:
    1. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s) that count as one unit each for defense.
    2. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
    3. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one unit. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    4. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
    5. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions are immune.
    6. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
    7. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
    8. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
    9. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    10. Seafaring (5) You may conquer water regions.
    11. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
    12. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
    13. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.

EXPANSION POWERS:
    14. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    15. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    16. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    17. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    18. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
    19. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Simulacrum
    Active race: Marauding (pillaging?) Sorcerors[10]
    Decline race: {none}
    Summary: Selected marauding Sorcerors as active race. generated 9,3 Commando Trolls. Conqured Rolling flats, Rush valley, Westros, Ents Harbor, warlock falls, and witch marsh

Conquest
    Conquer:
    Rolling flats[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Rush valley[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Westros[0]: 2+1 [lost tribe]
    Warlock falls[0]: 2
    witch marsh[0]: 2
    Ents harbor[0]:2

Final conquest:
    None

Points earned:6

Redeploy:
    None
    TheLawinator
    Active Race: Wealthy Ghouls
    Decline Race: None
    Summary: Selected Wealthy Ghouls, rolled Alchemist Elves (3,1) conquered Ghitu Lowlands, Doveland, White Crag, and Waterwood in that order.

Conquest:
    Conquered stuff
    Ghitu Lowlands: 2
    Doveland: 2
    White Crag: 3
    Waterwood: 2

Final Conquest: None

Points Earned: 11 (7 for wealth, 4 for territory)

Redeploy:
    Ghitu Lowlands: 3
    Doveland: 3
    Whitecrag: 1
    Waterwood: 2

smallworld5.jpg

NORTHWEST
    Drake Sea
    Dragon Coast
    Ent's Harbor(2) Marauding sorcerors
    Leyland
    Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
    Rolling Flats (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Rush Valley (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Warlock Falls (2) Marauding sorcerors
    Westros (1) Marauding sorcerors
    Windmillia
    Witch Marsh (2) Marauding sorcerors
    World's End

NORTHEAST
    Doveland (3) Wealthy Ghouls
    Ghitu Lowlands (3) Wealthy Ghouls
    Iron Spine
    Mount Mithril
    Northwoods
    Waterwood (2) Wealthy Ghouls
    White Crag (1) Wealthy Ghouls

SOUTHEAST
    Burning Steppes
    Corner Sea
    Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    High Peaks
    Mid Peaks
    Misty Vale
    Rainbow Lake
    Rivertown
    Saint's Pride
    Secluded Vale
    Southpeak

SOUTHWEST
    Deathmaw
    Lowlands
    Midland (1) Lost Tribe
    Raptor's Nest
    Tranquil Expanse
    Valorock
    Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe

Let me know if I screwed anything up, this is such a large post.

TheLawinator on