Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Super Street Fighter IV is super, you should buy it and come play. Yes you.

RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Singularity Engine++
SuperSF4.jpg

What is Street Fighter? You're kidding right?

It's arguably the most popular and recognizable fighting game brand ever made.

This is the wiki list of all the characters

How do I play this game? If you haven't bought it yet, maybe wait a few weeks and grab Super Street Fighter IV when it hits on April 27th-30th. Once you have it, hop right in. OR check these links out, most of it probably won't mean shit to you yet but in time, you may want the info.

Here's an excellent summary of common terms and strategies you'll run into eventually. Credit goes to Rolo for compiling them so nicely.
Spoiler:
Speaking of info, here's a brief summary of the new stuff added into SSFIV.
Spoiler:

A link to the Shoryuken forums 1-800-help-a-nub thread. Excellent info herein.

If you've ever yelled WHY THE DAMN HELL DID THAT JUST HAPPEN RAWR etc during or after a match, check this out.

Finally the player lists stolen shamelessly from Sneak's earlier thread and edited slightly to include Wimble but not his PS3 account because I don't know it.

**EDIT** Also more players now that the game is out. If you want fights, just post in the thread and I'll add you to the listing.

[Xbox 360]

The Sneak! - PA The Sneak
Futore - Debellum
Sars_Boy - Sarsboy
Arete - NinjaFrizz
Knob - KnobbonK
Octopus Medley - dr radicalrobot
RabidDeathMoose - RabidDeathMoose
Babyeatingjesus - H2O on the Moon
humble - I am the Bat
The Plain Girl from the etc etc etc - coeurs
Grath - Grath01
Radius - Kryzak Sul
Futore - Debellum
gazamc - chuwero
Meiz - Meiz1979
Farangu - Farangu

[PlayStation 3]

The Sneak! - TheSneak
Kuribo's Shoe - kuribosshoe
Devlin_Dragonus - devlin_dragonus
Transporter - TransportX
Arete - NinjaFrizz
Knob - KnobbonK
AggroChan - Sillender
Wimble - wimbleberry
cj iwakura - cj_iwakura
ShimSham - ShimmitySham
BugBoy - dhelix23
Butler For Life #1 - dhelix23
SabreMau - Tresjin
WhipstitchZombie - Nemo Woodbine

Also Sneak, you're a tease. Msg me to go a few rounds then you go offline!

RabidDeathMoose on

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle Talk 'N Text Tropang TextersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holding out for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Tournament Edition in 2013.

I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    gotta fight em all

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Championship Edition Alpha EX plus

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle Talk 'N Text Tropang TextersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They are bringing back Dee Jay.

I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been jonesing for this game lately

ETqXK.png
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just want to say that there is a SSFIV Launch Celebration Tournament at the University on May 1st, RDM.

I just want to say that to you.

No, I also want to say that's it's pretty fucked up that I wasn't just included on that list in the OP. I also want to say that.

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You just turned 30, it's time to put away childish things.

Also, blame Sneak, I copied that from his last OP.

Also also, I have been to a fighting game night at the UofM, if I recall you were there with me. It was... well it was something. Remember the OCD guy and his hair? Remember how he would stroke it incessantly while speaking or sitting idle or basically any time he wasn't actively playing? Because I do, lord knows I do.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

creator dude guy has said that this will 100% definitely be the last street fighter IV. Like, if they make a new street fighter it won't be an expansion

I guess he might be a filthy liar, though, but that would be weird I think?

4SMZq.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Couldn't just wait a week.

edited April 2010
    You just turned 30, it's time to put away childish things.

Also, blame Sneak, I copied that from his last OP.

Also also, I have been to a fighting game night at the UofM, if I recall you were there with me. It was... well it was something. Remember the OCD guy and his hair? Remember how he would stroke it incessantly while speaking or sitting idle or basically any time he wasn't actively playing? Because I do, lord knows I do.

I remember all of that... why do you think I want to go so much?

edited April 2010
    also we're going. Just accept it.

edited April 2010
    Joystiq has a video about the expansive online modes here

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/super-street-fighter-iv-online-lobby-system-avatar-items-detail/

it goes into some detail with what the tournament host can do. it's pretty rad.

also it finally tells what people who had the first game can do:
    Players with save data from the previous game can select graphical filters!

huh. not really sure what that means and i'm not watching the video in HD so i can't tell the difference. but alright. at least I don't need the disc!

ETqXK.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    edited April 2010
    seriously, that setup looks dope. it's nice that they listened to what needed to be changed

ETqXK.png
    edited April 2010
    i should probably sell my copy of SF4 huh

hmmm

edited April 2010
    the graphical filters in uncharted 2 were neat. Black and white, gears of war style brown rust and so on

I wonder what it will be here

4SMZq.jpg
    edited April 2010
    April 27th isn't that far away. You'll be able to do without it and you might be able to still get some change for it. I'm pretty happy I got $12 for mine. especially since I bought it new for like 20 something

Maybe you could try to find if some game stores are doing discount swaps for SSF4.

ETqXK.png
    edited April 2010
    http://teamspooky.com/content/?page_id=171 NSFW language and stuff. But this streams been going on for a few days now.

edited April 2010
    Wimble wrote: »

creator dude guy has said that this will 100% definitely be the last street fighter IV. Like, if they make a new street fighter it won't be an expansion

I heard that, but I absolutely do not believe it.

The guy will be sitting around in Japan in his underwear and suddenly he'll dream up a new costume for Dee Jay and then there'll be a Super Street Fighter IV: Dee Jay's Leather Pants.

edited April 2010
    I really wouldn't mind it one bit if they released ten new characters each however-long-it's-been

loves me some street fightin' foh

4SMZq.jpg
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If the filters they add in are anything like the filters they added to the PC version of SF4 that'll be super-neat.

Also I play on Xbox360 and as my sig says I am Perrsun on there as well. What my sig does not say is that 2 days ago my Xbox E74'd, and has been sent out. If it's not back in time for SSF4 I might actually buy one for a few days and return it.

edited April 2010
    Perrsun wrote: »
    If the filters they add in are anything like the filters they added to the PC version of SF4 that'll be super-neat.

Also I play on Xbox360 and as my sig says I am Perrsun on there as well. What my sig does not say is that 2 days ago my Xbox E74'd, and has been sent out. If it's not back in time for SSF4 I might actually buy one for a few days and return it.

I did this a while ago at Wal-Mart and when I went to return the system I was told they no longer do returns on xbox 360s after a rash of people bought one failed to mod it and returned it. He let me return mine since the system hadn't been unpacked at all, but that was the last time I attempted that.

edited April 2010
    Anybody wanna get a few games in before my Live goes away? HDR or MVC2 are also good options.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wimble wrote: »

Yeah just like that one guy said he would cut off his own head if RE4 ever got ported from the gamecube.

edited April 2010
    that was my uncle. he is now headless and you are insensitive

ETqXK.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Perrsun wrote: »

If you only need it for a few days it would be easier to see if your local video store rents consoles. I dont know if any do anymore but they hella used to back in the day.

• <3&lt;3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So would I get anything if i trade in my SF4 for SSF4?

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So would I get anything if i trade in my SF4 for SSF4?

Very little.

Checked today and it was 26 bucks used with an unknown discount.

So basically you would be giving them a game for free.

Or like 5 bucks.

Maybe 10.

edited April 2010
    welp, fuck

might as well get what i can for it i guess

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also I have pre-bought the game for PS3 and the douche at gamestop was all "YEP GOT EM IN THE BACK THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL"

He also said to buy it early I needed 6 souls.

I got 5 but that sixth one was a pain so I quit.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

Should be a live stream of SSFIV starting at 8PM PST/ 11 PM EST.

Daigo vs Justin Wong match

• The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shit yes, three more days!

Also, Moose, I turn thirty in a few months. Fuck if I care!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll be on the PS3 version when it hits.

PSN: cj_iwakura

Until then, I just have the PC version of SF4 proper, and BlazBlue on PS3 if you don't mind some ice car action.

And that stream is buggy as hell.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited April 2010
    it's fucking six days until I get it. Boo!

oh hey neat another ps3 guy. I hope we can fight in some streets, cj

stream is fine for me by the way

4SMZq.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yay for needless PS3 system updates. So much crap I'll never use.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So our table saw broke down. Dunno if the 360 joystick'll be done by Tuesday.

Should still be able to play it on PS3 on release day, at least. (PSN Tresjin, XBL SabreMau)

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    somebody buy me this

xmassig2.gif
    edited April 2010
    what the hell? you can't afford it?

someone buy shoe this!

4SMZq.jpg
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Who wants to fight me in the streets right now?

Get this shit in the OP HellaJeff-Xbox360 Tag: ESPorygon

I(I am not super good, but I am super enthusiastic!)

edited April 2010
    t hawks ultra damage haha

oh man

4SMZq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.