As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

back issues of a dead magazine

HoovesHooves Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Where do I find them?

My recently discovered favorite magazine, Art on Paper has ceased publication. Now I need back issues!

I've checked ebay: nothin

I've contacted the e-mail address currently occupying the front page of their website: no reply(as of yet)

No local place I know of ever carried so talking to someone at a bookstore is out(maybe?)

what other avenues should I pursue? what haven't I thought of? Is there some secret warehouse where the back issues for every magazine are kept? Help!

Hooves on

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Libraries? I doubt your local library would have them, but if there's an art school nearby or just a large university you might have some luck. Of course, actually purchasing them from a library is probably out, but if you just wanted to read them...

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hooves wrote: »
    Where do I find them?

My recently discovered favorite magazine, Art on Paper has ceased publication. Now I need back issues!

I've checked ebay: nothin

I've contacted the e-mail address currently occupying the front page of their website: no reply(as of yet)

No local place I know of ever carried so talking to someone at a bookstore is out(maybe?)

what other avenues should I pursue? what haven't I thought of? Is there some secret warehouse where the back issues for every magazine are kept? Help!

Check your local college library. My university (Portland State) has a large number of them archived.

Esh on
  • Options
    HoovesHooves Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah the nearest library that even has a chance of having them is about 6 hours away. Also I'm looking to buy them

Hooves on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You could also check if your local library will do inter-library loans. Most will, but might charge you a fee.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Aioua wrote: »
    You could also check if your local library will do inter-library loans. Most will, but might charge you a fee.

He seems pretty hellbent on owning the magazines.

Esh on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »

He seems pretty hellbent on owning the magazines.

Right. Like the part where he said he wanted to buy them. >_<
    Turns out it's time for me to go to bed!

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies