As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best version of Tetris on the market

13»

• Options
    ghostfacekillahghostfacekillah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    The New Tetris for the music alone

@Desufaux: Which new tetris are you talking about? Take a look at the music for The Human Tetris Project. I GUARANTEE it will become your favorite Tetris soundtrack!

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TETRIS ATTACK.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

@Desufaux: Which new tetris are you talking about?

probably this:
    198976_43089_front.jpg

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited April 2010

@Desufaux: Which new tetris are you talking about?

probably this:

Oh I thought he was talking about this one for a second: The NEWEST Tetris

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Analrapist wrote: »
    TETRIS ATTACK.

Much like Dr.Mario, that's not a Tetris game. It was only called Tetris Attack to sell to the American market (same reason they put all these Yoshi characters in). It's actually Puzzle League.

Djiem on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Another DS Tetris is coming out. Tetris Party Deluxe.

I'd die for Tetris on LIVE.

Also, remember how I was looking for Picross DS? This comes out May 3. I wonder if it's true to the experience, because I never played Picross before. Can anyone tell if this sucks or not?

Picross 3d

Also,

Souce of Hatetris

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cantido wrote: »

Found this one on YouTube over the weekend: Human Tetris

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I managed to snag a new copy of "Tetris DS" on Half.com for $35. Not bad. It was too nostalgic to pass up. Also, it is more points to go towards getting the Mario posters on Club Nintendo.:^:

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was addicted to www.tetrisfriends.com for a good year. It has the original Tetris, the NES Tetris, multiplayer Tetris, contemporary Tetris, customizable pieces, and is constantly being updated.

I cannot believe there is a 4 page long thread without any mentioning of it!

Black Ice on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe there are no ports/remakes of Tetrisphere...is it even on Virtual Console?

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Black Ice wrote: »
    I was addicted to www.tetrisfriends.com for a good year. It has the original Tetris, the NES Tetris, multiplayer Tetris, contemporary Tetris, customizable pieces, and is constantly being updated.

I cannot believe there is a 4 page long thread without any mentioning of it!

Haha thanks for bringing Tetris Friends up! Forgot about that one...kinda hard to forget sometimes! How often do you play on it?

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    iamabeiamabe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tetrisphere ruled so hard... I am pretty sure I rented it more than once. I used to rent games multiple times instead of buying.

iamabe on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    iamabe wrote: »
    tetrisphere ruled so hard... I am pretty sure I rented it more than once. I used to rent games multiple times instead of buying.

Haha guess you coulda used GameFly more than any of us! What other versions did you rent all the time?

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WETRIX! :D

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    eobet wrote: »

Fuck yeah!

Oh Cantido, there's 2 versions of Tetris for Xbox: Tetris Splash (XBLA) and Tetris Evolution (retail)

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    eobet wrote: »

@Eobet: What's Wetrix? I haven't heard of that one.

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember being impressed as a kid that Tetris 2 was coming out for both the SNES and NES.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lunker wrote: »
    I'd say Tetris DS, with the caveat that if you prefer a single-player experience sans infinite spin, you should find the original Tengen Tetris.

Failing that, though: http://www.tetrisfriends.com

Tengen Tetris was soo much better than the official Nintendo version :(

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I remember being impressed as a kid that Tetris 2 was coming out for both the SNES and NES.

Ah dude you got break out of your anti social Tetris shell! You gotta try out some of the online versions like First Person or Tetris Friends! Those are fun AND social!

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I already played enough Tetrinet.

Was so mad that I went like 11-0 in a Planet Gamecube tourney and the tourney just fell apart and I never won anything

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    InexactQuotientInexactQuotient Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    uean wrote: »
    This just popped up on my reader a few minutes ago:

Hatetris

Its Tetris, with one glaring change - every new piece is the statistically worst piece possible. It's freaking infuriating, but addicting too.

High score is like 10 lines cleared or something. The game creator has managed 5. I've managed 2. Then I broke things.

Wow, I couldn't get a single line. Anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaAL79vXl4

That whole episode was what got me to buy a DS lite a few years back.

InexactQuotient on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I already played enough Tetrinet.

Was so mad that I went like 11-0 in a Planet Gamecube tourney and the tourney just fell apart and I never won anything

HAHA well in your luck cause theres a big Tetris prize giveaway going on right now. All you have to do is participate in the Human Tetris Project and you are able win big time.

No need to worry about your tourney falling apart and going home a loser!

ghostfacekillah on
  • Options
    TetrisFanTetrisFan Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    I think the Japanese have the best version of Tetris, have you ever tried Tetris Online Japan? It's an official multiplayer tetris game client. Here is a guide for english speakers to play: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1144

TetrisFan on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TetrisFan wrote: »
    I think the Japanese have the best version of Tetris, have you ever tried Tetris Online Japan? It's an official multiplayer tetris game client. Here is a guide for english speakers to play: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1144

The little J-pop art in the tutorial...is that the Prince of All Cosmos I see? :D

I am now experimenting with Tetris Friends, and I need help. First, I have no Hard Drop, no matter how much I press space key. I tried chatting during a match to get help, and sometimes my space key doesn't work there either. How do I get this site to pick up my space key? I'm on a laptop.

And more importantly, old interviews say they were considering USB support. I WANT.

If I get Tetris Friends working properly, I just might give Tetris DS a rest.

EDIT - I found the problem. I had to switch from Firefox to Internet Explorer. Goddammit fucking shit **#*T%&#(*%&

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767