As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strange Feedback on Macbook Pro running Bootcamp

Someguy JohnsonSomeguy Johnson Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My brother is using a Macbook Pro with Windows 7 on bootcamp. Recently (after installing LFD2), he has had a strange issue with speaker feedback. Basically, anytime you touch the speaker on the left side of his macbook it emits a loud, piercing squeal that sounds like some sort of mic feedback. This only happens when he's using bootcamp and never on Snow Leopard. As I mentioned, this only seems to have started after installing LFD2 but he has gamed using Windows 7 since it came out with no issues.

Things we've tried so far:

Updated the drivers
Removed and reinstalled the soundcard drivers completely
Removed any instance of Steam and its programs in case it was something with the software somehow
Disabled the microphone via windows

I've searched the web a few different times but can't find anything relating specifically to this. He's not had any of the normal issues with the headphone jack not working or it being too quiet.

Any suggestions?

[SIGPIC]XBL- TheManAboutTown PS3- someguyjohnson83 Wii- who gives a shit Steam- someguyjohnson[/SIGPIC]
Someguy Johnson on

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I know on the MacbookPros, the laptop mic IS directly under the left speaker grille...and turning the mic off did nothing huh?

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yep, nothing

Someguy Johnson on
    [SIGPIC]XBL- TheManAboutTown PS3- someguyjohnson83 Wii- who gives a shit Steam- someguyjohnson[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    it was a faulty driver that wouldn't uninstall completely apparently. Uninstalled it again and then used ccleaner to get rid of registry entries it wasn't removing, defragged and reinstalled. Works great now.

Someguy Johnson on