Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Breath of Death VII: Dem bones, Dem bones (UPDATE: Bugfix patch now available on XBL)

GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning

Breath of Death is a new Xbox Live Indie Game made by our very own RainbowDespair and slash000. It's available on Xbox Live right now, and is only $1. Yah, one freakin' dollar. You should go buy it, right now. This deserves it's own OP, and I think the developers are to humble to do it themselves. Yes, it's been talked about in the XNA thread, and the XBLIG thread, and even the video game sales thread, but it's really quite OP worthy.

Okay, but what platforms is it on?
Only the 360, and there are no plans to port it according to RBD and slash.

Great, so, uhh, what is it?
It's a nostalgic 8-bit parody RPG. It's funny, and very nostalgic, while not being too nostalgic.

How did they make it?!
Microsoft XNA Game Studio. See the XNA thread for more info.

Ahhhhh, Sleep All crashes the game, and when I get in a fight in this mountain cave...
There is a bugfix patch available on XBL for these. Just start the game, it should apply itself. Your save game information won't be affected.

Trailers

Debut Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAj48iq4w8

Release Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32pvg8I2rgI

Character Information
Spoiler:

GnomeTank on
Sagroth wrote: »
Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh