As part of our ongoing efforts to improve forum performance, we will be migrating to new servers within the week (perhaps on the weekend). Once we finalize the actual date and time, a notice will be posted here at least 4 hours prior to "go time". We expect a fairly long maintenance period of approximately 1-2 hours during the move.
The move to new servers is happening tonight at somewhere around 1amMIDNIGHT EST. There will be a significant period of downtime (30 minutes to 2 hours). Wish us luck!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Guess we need another hundred pages (or more, probably more) to get the awful cretins of D&D shacked up with some nice people.
ONLINE DATING. It's a fun game.
Figure 1, some random hotties I found with SFW pictures. These women here? They're out there. Perhaps. But your mighty neckbeard won't impress them.
So let's get down to brass tacks shall we? Sure, you could spend ages messaging a perfect 10 like the ladies above with killer lines like "sup" and "omg u look amazing lol", but so is everyone else.
Figure 2, or how men are idiots. This chart here? Unless you look like the suave motherfucker in Figure 3, it means you better make damn sure you write a memorable message to a cute chick, and you shouldn't take it personally when she deletes your hard work before reading it.
So based on the assumption that none of us look like the suave motherfucker below in Figure 3, I guess we should put some effort into our profiles. I know a dude who gives Mr Motherfucker there a good run for his money in looks, and his profile is the most Bland McBlanderson two paragraphs of generic text, but his physical features means that women like those in Figure 1 message him regularly.
Figure 3. Are you this man? Odds are pretty good that you aren't. Deal with it.
Is life fair? Not it isn't. Shit, or get off the pot. Some SA spy has revealed to me in a dark sagely manner secret texts from the depths of their slice of hell (OKC specific, but the general advice is sound)
:ARROW: STOP being "honest" via self deprecation in your profiles
:ARROW: STOP apologizing to the reader of your profile
:ARROW: STOP making excuses to the reader of your profile
:ARROW: STOP following confident statements with insecure "lol" or "haha" or "i guess"
:ARROW: STOP insulting your own life path in your profile
:ARROW: STOP calling yourself nerdy or geeky or dorky or funny or witty or handsome or sarcastic or any-fucking-thing. Leave out any sentences that say, "I am [adjective]" unless you are prepared to put up or shut up.
:ARROW: YOU ARE TRYING TO WOO A MATE. THIS IS NOT AN HONEST AUTOBIOGRAPHY. YOU'RE SELLING YOURSELF
My Self Summary
- Be Specific
- Show, don't tell. Use stories to show that you are interesting
- Don't talk about vague shit like "I like to travel" and "I read books for fun" and "I have maintained possession of both my eyes since birth."
What I'm Doing With My Life
- Don't beat around the bush. Just fucking tell me what you do for money or what you are studying in school. It's going to be a first question on a date and gives a potential suitor something to ask you about.
- Put interesting things in here. Hobbies. Not JUST work-things. Show me why you are awesome to hang out with.
I'm Really Good At
- You are not good at making people laugh or being funny or whatever. Find SKILLS that you have that you are good at. I can cut a deck of cards one-handed. I can drive stick shift. Something interesting that you can do that is awesome.
First Things People Notice
- It's not your smile or your eyes or your sense of humor or whatever.
- Think about something that people would notice across a bar if you were hanging out with your friends in a loud, crowded place.
- List YOUR FAVORITES. Not every book, movie, television show, and food you've ever read, seen, watched, or eaten.
- Pick 10-12 things MAXIMUM
- If you must use key words, only key word two or three things in each section. The favorites of your favorites.
- For books, list titles, not authors. Some authors write a wide range of books. Some authors are associated with being a prick or a poser. Book Titles tell a lot more about who you are as a person.
- Don't list bullshit like oxygen, air, water, food, friends and family. It's boring and meaningless.
- Don't list your computer, the internet, these forums, or something else pathetic.
- Do list things relating to stuff you love or mention elsewhere in the profile. Feel free to be silly here, but don't list six random things that have no connection or theme.
I Spend a lot of time thinking about
- Don't suddenly get all deep and existential when there's nothing else like that in your profile.
- Don't say "Taking over the world" because that's bullshit.
- Feel free to be funny or silly here, too, but don't make it cliche.
- Don't say "there is no typical Friday"
- Don't say "taking over the world"
- Don't say "out with friends or in reading a book" like every other person ever
- This is a bullshit question, but be specific. If you are out with friends, what are you doing? Do you go dancing? Go to bars for trivia night? Watch movies and eat popcorn?
The Most Privet Thing
- ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION
Message me if
- Don't say "if you want to" or any other variation of that. BE SPECIFIC.
There are other websites aka paysites out there but lol opinions lol fuck that.
And as always, we part with some legendary advice:
Too good looking for you? Son, let a girl figure out why she won't sleep with you. Don't do it for her.
I couldn't not post the Jetta back seat. Shitty car back seats are like the mecca of awkward voyages into messy happiness.
SHIRTLESS PHOTO SECTION
So if you look like this with your shirt off
Then go here
Or another such location where being shirtless is normal. Don't take the douchebag photo in the mirror shot.
Well that being said, don't take that photo if you want a lady who would find a blatant shirtless photo kind of crass and excessive. There are a lot of women who wouldn't mind a brazen shot, so go for it if you feel like it.