As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for obscure Sega Genesis title

JebusUDJebusUD Adventure!Candy IslandRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I am looking for the name to a Sega genesis game. It is a sidescroller in which the main character, which I seem to remember looking vaguely like carmen sandiego, throws boomerangs as the main weapon.

The first level takes place in a city. I remember a part where guys throw things down at you out of windows. Chairs and things, but sometimes they throw teddy bears and health. The boss of that level is a tank, which is inside a building, strangely enough. (yes you blow up a tank with boomerangs)

The second level is in a sewer with cavemen and giant bugs. In this one you fight a gelatinous blob as the boss. You had to hit the bits on the inside of the blob with your boomerang, but the gel stuff would bounce back towards you eventually.

anyway, eventually you start picking up powers, where if you hold the attack button, it will charge up to stronger attacks, instead of just boomerang. You collect 9 or 10 of them I think.

I am pretty sure this is an import game, because I remember there being some kind of Asian script on the cover.

Any ideas?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
but they're listening to every word I say
JebusUD on

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    El Viento

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn dude, that was fast.

That is it, you are my hero.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    to be honest, "Carmen sandiego with boomerangs" is a pretty unique identifier.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    screenshots for those interested.

genelviento.jpg

El-Viento-(BS).jpg

25.jpg

el-viento-1.png

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha she looks nothing like Carmen Sandiego

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha she looks nothing like Carmen Sandiego

I think I played it last when I was 10.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Its okay because for some reason I thought she wore a fedora. It all worked out in the end.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Its okay because for some reason I thought she wore a fedora. It all worked out in the end.

That's what I thought too. Maybe someone is in the manual or something. Or one of the enemies.

You know what it is... there is a fedora on the box right above i and e.

edit: on the head of the guy she is kneeing in the back. Awesome!

JebusUD on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This thread is full of win. Seriously.

I had a vague idea of Carmen Sandiego too and nope, not at all. Those aren't even pants!

OnTheLastCastle on