Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New in-ear headphones? (Monster Turbines?)

Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Greetings H/A!

I come to you asking for recommendations for a new pair of In-Ear headphones.

I'm currently using, and am very happy with, an older pair of Creative labs in-ear earbuds. I bought these at least 3 years ago for around $40 (Canadian) and have had no problems with them.

I don't know the exact model I have, but they look identical to these ones:
82208909-260x260-0-0_Creative+Labs+Creative+EP+630+Earphones.jpg

They're the best earbuds I've ever used, but they are starting to show their age. So I'm looking for a new pair!

Problem is, I don't really know much about earbuds. I definitely want an in-ear pair, as I don't like the normal type of earbuds, don't like the larger wrap around ones, and I definitely don't want a standard pair of "over the head" headphones. I like the fact that I can just shove earbuds into my pocket and be done with them.

Looking online, I've only really looked at Future Shop and Bestbuy, which is severely lacking selection. Other than $200+ Sennheisers, or $10 Sony or Skullcandy shit I'm left wanting. I'm not bothering to look at anything less than $20, and anything I can find for less than $100 doesn't review well online.

Suggestions in the $40 - $60 range? I'm willing to go as high as $100 if it's really worth it, but I find it hard to justify anything more than that.

Sharp101 on