Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4e] The Fantastical Contraption(OOC) - Recruiting!

• AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are we allowed a background or theme? I'm applying either way!

Edit: Would take the Occupation-Hunter background and either the Outlaw or Animal Master theme.

Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

like "skinhead" or "republican"
    edited June 2011
    Talasha Swiftarrow, Razorclaw Shifter Hunter style Ranger

Summary:
    Spoiler:

Background:
    Spoiler:

Mannerisms & Apperance:
    Spoiler:

Picture:
    Spoiler:
    Thought the group could use some ranged strikering to hang out with the controller.

I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

• TunosTunos Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Logging my interest for the open spot. No familiarity with the story but I'll do a read through when I get home tonight.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Interested.

I'll form a character and post tonight. I'm in a Dark Heresy PbP only, a tabletop Pathfinder game (meets once a week), and have a metric ton of time to post and play in this.

edited June 2011
    Currently playing Encounters and a weekly homebrew IRL game.

• Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So interested. I've not played PBP before, got some very limited D&D experience as a player and a little more as a DM. Not playing any D&D at the moment, but I've also applied for Aegeri's game. Got nothing to do over summer, and then until summer 2012 I'll be doing some 9 to 5 with no extra responsibilities, so I don't see myself flaking ;)

Gonna read up on this thread and the IC, then I'll roll a character application.

Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Did I link this Character correctly?

I'm applying! That's Erevan the rogue, whom I believe is setup correctly as level and whatnot. Been dying to get into a game of some sort, (NO ONE in my town wants to play with me. :( ) with tons of time on the PC at work to play, so here's hoping. Not currently playing any other games, sadly.

Info
    Spoiler:

Please let me know if I did anything wrong, it's been a while.

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oazle the Shadow Clown

Background
    Spoiler:

Personality
    Spoiler:

Appearance
    Spoiler:

I'm in the trollhaunt pbp on these boards, but I've been wanting to use the shadow-worshipping desert nomad idea for a while.
    I'm on gmt if that's a problem, but otherwise I'm available for the 1/day minimum

Also just realised no powers actually use charisma. Is there any need to put points into it, apart from skills? Otherwise I may just focus on con for durability's sake.

Edit: switched from charisma to con. Makes sense that he wouldn't be much of a face

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Posting my intentions to post a background!

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just a heads up. I'll take applications until tomorrow night.

farangu.png

Come join my Let's Play of Total War: Rome II! Boss around some Gauls!
    edited June 2011
    I've been looking over the other submitted sheets and am very curious, I've seen people with "Bags of Holding" and another with 4 magic items total. I thought we only got 1 magic item?

I'm also looking at doing a second submission, as per the original OP (I came up with another character idea I wouldn't mind playing and I think would fit into the group well). Is that ok or do you just want one at this point?

edited June 2011
    1. You get 1 item for free. If you want to pay for more, that's your perogative.

2. Preferably just one.

farangu.png

edited June 2011
    Oh, perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what's our gold pool for purchasing then? I read over the game thread last night, but it was late and I might have missed something.

edited June 2011
    Standard for the level, whatever CB says that is.

farangu.png

edited June 2011
    Ok, that changes things. I'm going to fix some things up and look over stuff, that extra money I was unaware of changes how I do my character. I might end up doing a full overhaul now that I've got some more thought put into it (and a better understanding of the story thus far). If it's been to much trouble it's no big deal if you feel I'm "that guy".

edited June 2011
    What about themes?

edited June 2011
    themes?

farangu.png

edited June 2011
    Something new that WotC has added that gives characters more options and more abilities. Probably more trouble to mess with since you don't know about them though.

• IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Farangu wrote: »
    Standard for the level, whatever CB says that is.

DMG states that starting gold is whatever the price of a magic item of level n-1 is, where n is the player level. So that sounds like 840gp (cost of a level 4 magic item), plus the one free 4,5, or 6 magic item.

Sound good, Farangu?

...Oh, and logging interest :D

edited June 2011

Summary
    Saiya is a young hume female of noble lineage and blood, whose young life brims with passion for adventuring and romance. Her long hair falls like silken moonlight over her shoulders, framing the countenance of a pale, rosy cheeked and lavendar eyed young girl. Among polite company, she favors light blue or white silks, hemmed with lace elegant in its simplicity. However, her ardor or perhaps it is better said, obsession with swordplay leaves her with dresses ripped, torn, and in tatters. Despite years of scolding, warning, threatening, and other harsh words... Saiya has seldom missed an opportunity to cross swords with local armsmen, mercenaries passing through, and even the occasional weapon master, though any training she might have gleaned from them is overshadowed by her ineptitude on the battlefield. It's oft been said over a mug of ale that it's more dangerous to be standing next to Saiya's target rather than be the target.

Her mother, Anathiel, worries about the growing darkness within her ever more reckless and curious daughter. Saiya was born during a new moon in the Shadowfell that forever tainted her child with the strength of shadows. The harrowing details of Saiya's birth have been withheld from her all her life. Saiya's eldest sister, Aria, and her parents keep the secret between them. All others that would have known perished keeping the Shadowlord of Darkening Hall from claiming Saiya as his own, giving her parents time to escape to the mortal realms and back to Dreeston.

The Forging of "The Pointy End"
    Spoiler:

Current Events
    Spoiler:

A Tinkerer's Dream
    Spoiler:

Character Sheet
    Spoiler:

edited June 2011
    I was editing my original post and it seems the server deemed it a good time to eat it.

Here's my final application, I can't really complain since it gave me a chance to fine tune some things.

Character Sheet

Background:
    Spoiler:

Portrait:
    Spoiler:

edited June 2011
    Farangu wrote: »
    1. You get 1 item for free. If you want to pay for more, that's your perogative.

2. Preferably just one.

Ah, my appologies! Editing submission now.

• Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tomorrow night?! Okay. I've been reading through the IC topic - almost done now, in the 60s - and compiling important story posts. It'll be useful for whoever gets the place, so I'll post it here later.

EDIT: done!

House rules & the storyline so far. If you get picked, you should totally read this.
    Spoiler:

Okay, here comes the bombshell...

Jaryn
    Human Paladin. You know the one.

Background
    Spoiler:

Current
    Spoiler:

Appearance & Mannerisms
    Spoiler:

Stat sheet - Orokos isn't showing abilities
    Spoiler:

Yours truly, Ace Jon.
    edited June 2011
    Tharatus Wran, Human Hexblade

Portrait
    Spoiler:

Background
    Spoiler:

Appearance & Mannerisms
    Spoiler:

Character Data Payload
    Spoiler:

edited June 2011
    Alright, pencils down. I will post the selection in here once the four current characters have voted.

farangu.png

edited June 2011
    After a close vote, the next member to join the party is...Tharatus Wran!

Illianthar, get in touch with me and we'll figure out how to get your character into the story.

farangu.png

edited June 2011
    Woo!!!

Thank you for the votes, everyone. Look forward to playing in the game. I'll shoot you a PM here in a sec to get the process started, Farangu.

edited October 2011
    Apparently, it is that time again...

A spot has opened up in our lineup! I need someone to fill it!

What I'm looking for: Level 5 character. Currently we have a Hexblade, barbarian, fighter and wizard. Strong preference for a leader character, if you couldn't tell. 22 point buy, then level up to lvl 5. One magic item of lvl 6, 5 or 4 for free. Picture with your application. Familiarity with the story so far is a plus, but I will be willing to fill in the blanks.

The current members will be voting on who to include in this campaign. I will only be recruiting for a couple of days, so do please hurry with the creation. The one thing I'm looking for above all else: Durability. Fourth replacement I've had to find in a year and a half. I want someone who will stick with this.

And...go, I guess.

Farangu on
    farangu.png

Oh, hello there. Level 5 leader huh? I do believe I can whip one of those together! As for my stick-with-it-ness, everywhere I go here has MWR so I can keep up one post a day even in this hellhole of a warzone! Submission coming shortly.

• GatsbyGatsby ElsewhereRegistered User regular
    Okay I'm definitely interested, I'm unfortunately one of those who probably need a general rundown of the story so far however.

Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
    edited October 2011
    Ordo Goodshield, Shield Dwarf Templar of Moradin

Summary:
    Spoiler:
    Picture:
    Spoiler:
    This is Ordo in his younger days, lets say 20 years ago.

Background, Mannerisms, etc.:
    Spoiler:

Currently in three games on the boards. One hasn't updated in a couple weeks though, hope it gets going again.

Anialos on

Gatsby:
    Spoiler:

farangu.png

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    Themes or no themes?

• AegofAegof Registered User regular
    No themes. Pretty sure we got a free Weapon, Implement or Versatile Expertise, though.

I'm providing ambience.
    Correct.

I'll take submissions for another 24 hours.

farangu.png

edited October 2011
    Oh snaps, i'll go add my feat then.

Edit: Took Versatile Expertise, also changed out an encounter power. Post above edited to show changes.

Anialos on

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I made a character but before I post it and look like an idiot for being too literal, did you mean one magic item of level 6, 5, and 4, or one magic item and that one item can be of the level range 4-6?

Possibly gimped character behind spoiler.
    I was going for a flavor more than stats

DaMoonRulz on
    Damoonmk22_zps42df557d.jpg
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    Amazon Wishes
    Steam Wishlist
  • GatsbyGatsby ElsewhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Oh-Kyre, Genasi Warlord

Summary
    Spoiler:

Portrait
    Spoiler:

Background, Appearance and Mannerisms
    Spoiler:

Gatsby on
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
    DaMoon- the second option.

Recruiting is closed. I will have the current party members discuss amongst themselves, and vote for who should join them next.

farangu.png

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Not sure if this will help or hurt my chances, but I happen to have a song written about Valderi by famous bards.

Damoonmk22_zps42df557d.jpg
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    Amazon Wishes
    Steam Wishlist