Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

So what makes Stephen Hawking an expert all of a sudden

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    so, russian dude

do you really believe the moon is an artificial object?

as in man made?

how did you come to that conclusion? Who made it? for what purpose?

I came to that conclusion after reading it in a book, entitled Who Built the Moon. It's funny, i actually posted a picture of me reading the book, and some of you still think i'm making it up.

It was built by an alien organisation with a view to making the Earth suitable for intelligent life.

so how did the people who wrote the book come to the conclusion?

why is the moon important to intelligent life?

Essentially, the Moon is a mathematical message. Let me put it this way...

You're walking across a beach, and come across a perfectly spherical pebble. What do you think?

I'll give you a hint: If you're an intelligent man or lady, you assume that it must have been shaped by an intelligent hand. The Moon is like that. It's mathematical coincidences are so vast, it is unreasonable to assume anything other than that they were put there deliberately to alert us to the Moons origins.

I missed this earlier, but I'm glad I caught it now.

When I worked for a project that was tasked to create synthetic versions of naturally occurring minerals so we could control chemistry, one thing we always found when going from a molten state to a cooled control state was that the simplest methods ended with round and spheroid particles. Time and time again. Quick or slow. Water cooled, air cooled, free flowing or viscous.

So I ask, what the hell is your point about round or spherical naturally occuring objects? Also you state "Perfectly"...A) I doubt you measured B) I doubt anyone measured C) LOL Estimating D) Even the earth itself is not a true sphere do to the unique nature of its chemistry and the effect of gravity on it.

Also, keep shining you crazy diamond.

The moon isn't perfectly spherical, i could have picked any shape for the pebble to "perfectly" be. To make it simplier, lets say this hypothetical pebble is shaped like sonic the hedgehog. You would assume that it was carved somehow, right?

Just to clarify, i don't consider spheres to be magical.

But the moon isn't shaped like a video game character, it's shaped like a spheroid, which is a lowest energy form that occurs naturally hundreds of different ways when molten material becomes solid quickly, over time, or through various outside forces.

So again, with regards to the shape of the moon, what's your fucking point?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    like isn't it funny to you that when the bible code guy plugs his numbers in and finds predictions for events that have already come to pass

he has a 100% hit rate!

but when he predicts the future you can count the hits on your fingers after countless misses

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah but the moon is shaped perfectly like something
    he's not saying what, but the fact that it's perfectly shaped like something (but not a sphere) means it was manufactured! duh!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Valentin SeleznyovValentin Seleznyov __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

I came to that conclusion after reading it in a book, entitled Who Built the Moon. It's funny, i actually posted a picture of me reading the book, and some of you still think i'm making it up.

It was built by an alien organisation with a view to making the Earth suitable for intelligent life.

You're walking across a beach, and come across a perfectly spherical pebble. What do you think?

I'll give you a hint: If you're an intelligent man or lady, you assume that it must have been shaped by an intelligent hand. The Moon is like that. It's mathematical coincidences are so vast, it is unreasonable to assume anything other than that they were put there deliberately to alert us to the Moons origins.

When I worked for a project that was tasked to create synthetic versions of naturally occurring minerals so we could control chemistry, one thing we always found when going from a molten state to a cooled control state was that the simplest methods ended with round and spheroid particles. Time and time again. Quick or slow. Water cooled, air cooled, free flowing or viscous.

So I ask, what the hell is your point about round or spherical naturally occuring objects? Also you state "Perfectly"...A) I doubt you measured B) I doubt anyone measured C) LOL Estimating D) Even the earth itself is not a true sphere do to the unique nature of its chemistry and the effect of gravity on it.

The moon isn't perfectly spherical, i could have picked any shape for the pebble to "perfectly" be. To make it simplier, lets say this hypothetical pebble is shaped like sonic the hedgehog. You would assume that it was carved somehow, right?

The moon isn't shaped like Sonic the Hedgehog either.

Yeah... the shape of the pebble isn't important. The pebble isn't a minature carving of the Moon or anything.

The point is, if you come across something with so many mathematical coincidences, you would rightfully assume it is "man" made.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK CHAIN RULE

Chain rule isn't so bad, what're you having trouble with?

it just confuses me

i mean i have a general idea of how it works but then i plug in the wrong [dy] or [du] and then it, like, messes up on me and stuff!! math is hard boohoo sobsob

Got any specific questions? My calc teacher just made us do a ridiculous amount of practice questions for that.

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    moon is a really good movie

33aqfwk.jpg
  • JordanthehuttJordanthehutt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like poor manufacturing to me.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

Yeah... the shape of the pebble isn't important. The pebble isn't a minature carving of the Moon or anything.

The point is, if you come across something with so many mathematical coincidences, you would rightfully assume it is "man" made.

But he just explained that it's an insanely common shape found in the natural world

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    like isn't it funny to you that when the bible code guy plugs his numbers in and finds predictions for events that have already come to pass

he has a 100% hit rate!

but when he predicts the future you can count the hits on your fingers after countless misses

god works in mysterious ways

0BnD8l3.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you're nuttier than a squirrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The moon's diameter is a integer multiple of some small number?! NO WAY

sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
    edited April 2010

he has a 100% hit rate!

I don't believe in the divinity of bible codes. I just find the successful Drosnin predictions fascinating. I mentioned it as a point of interest, nothing more.

edited April 2010

he has a 100% hit rate!

the funny thing is that his future predictions are really banal and vague
    like, there will be an earthquake in los angeles
    I don't know precisely when but yeah, there'll be an earthquake

oh, and there'll be war in the middle east
    again I'm not really sure exactly when but trust me dude, this bible code is tight

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

hell yeah it is

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
    edited April 2010
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

But..this hasn't happened. The only thing we are referring to is the moon, which is a sphere, which is to be expected.

Not to say I would assume that a sonic-shaped pebble was "man made" anyway.

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Sam Bell.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheOneWhoStoodUpTheOneWhoStoodUp Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Look, guys, it's pretty simple. Laws of science = intelligent design

That's pretty far out, man!
    edited April 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

But he just explained that it's an insanely common shape found in the natural world

I very much doubt that the Moons exact shape is replicted very often in the known universe.

edited April 2010
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

I very much doubt that the Moons exact shape is replicted very often in the known universe.
    So you're saying that the moon's shape is unlikely and imperfect. But because its perfection is also a total coincidence...that means aliens did it?

This is contradictory.

edited April 2010
    Depends on how exact you mean.

There are lots of spheroid rocks in the universe

edited April 2010
    and yet he won't say what the moon's shape is, while apparently denying that it's a perfect sphere
    yet insisting it's a perfect something which apparently proves it was manufactured

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the moon is round

aliens

someone, fetch me my jump to conclusions mat

And then you JUMP to a CONCLUSION!

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

hell yeah it is

it looks SO GOOD in 1080p

like SO GOOD

33aqfwk.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so, russian dude

as in man made?

It's a spheroid

Moons of Saturn, moons of Jupiter, all the fucking planets themselves are spheroids

zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    edited April 2010
    Just forget the pebble analogy. You guys have analysed the meaning out of it.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the moon is actually a timecube

0BnD8l3.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    analyzing is a thing you do to analogies

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2010
    All I'm saying is if someone wrote to my famous advice column saying "I'm 24 years old, I have 112 posts per day on a video game message board, I believe the moon was made by aliens and I believe that dressing up as a nazi makes me better at video games" I honestly don't know how I could reply with a sequence of words not including that words Pull, Gun, Mouth, and Trigger.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The moon's diameter is a integer multiple of some small number?! NO WAY

OMG IT'S LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED!!!

edited April 2010
    Just forget the pebble analogy. You guys have analysed the meaning out of it.

so what you're admitting is that you have nothing meaningful to say

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited April 2010
    You guys have analysed the meaning out of it.

You just blew my mind

• jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I did some independent research and found the the ratio between the equatorial circumference and the equatorial diameter of the moon is equal to Pi. Now tell me doubters how such a coincidence is possible without an intelligent builder at work?

edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I did some independent research and found the the ratio between the equatorial circumference and the equatorial diameter of the moon is equal to Pi. Now tell me doubters how such a coincidence is possible without an intelligent builder at work?

holy fuck
    you just blew my mind

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

he has a 100% hit rate!

I don't believe in the divinity of bible codes. I just find the successful Drosnin predictions fascinating. I mentioned it as a point of interest, nothing more.

in the same way that nobody is understanding your perfectly spherical pebble analogy, you are not understanding my confirmation bias analogy.

some dudes come up with some numbers about the moon

and HOLY SHIT THE MOON FITS THE NUMBERS WE MADE UP KIND OF BUT NOT IN THESE WAYS BUT FORGET ABOUT THOSE WAYS

FUCKING ALIENS

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

He's right, there's only one left in stock! See!

ae26.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK CHAIN RULE

Chain rule isn't so bad, what're you having trouble with?

it just confuses me

i mean i have a general idea of how it works but then i plug in the wrong [dy] or [du] and then it, like, messes up on me and stuff!! math is hard boohoo sobsob

Got any specific questions? My calc teacher just made us do a ridiculous amount of practice questions for that.

img9.gif

really bad at e problems

• TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2010
    This is essentially the greatest thread in the history of time. This is the thread with which the most beautiful tapestry in all creation will be weaved.

• JordanthehuttJordanthehutt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well tube wins the thread.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    they should've sent a poet

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.