Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Where do I buy a hose for a Produce Wet Wall?

CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, you know those big wet racks in produce departments that have all the fancy leaf lettuce and cilantro and everything on them?

They usually have a quick-connect hose attached to them. The one at the store I work at doesnt. Our managers are also awful about ordering stuff, so I'm trying to find one, as dragging a 100ft hose out of the back sucks.

Where the heck can I buy, online or IRL, one of those hand hoses that every other produce deparment has attached to their wet wall?

spoiler for an image of the connection part.
Spoiler:

CangoFett on

• mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    don't know where you could buy one, but if the connector on the broken hose still works ( probably made of brass or stainless steel so it should) you should be able to cut it off, and patch together a replacement using some hose clamps, a fitting that fits inside both hoses and a replacement sprayer for a sink purchased from any hardware store.

original connector===hose clamp|pipe/fitting|hose clamp======new sprayer

• CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dont have an original hose at all.

That pic is what the hose would plug into

If we owned one

(we dont)

• CorvusCorvus Winter crow VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would think a plumbing supply store would be able to hook you up, or tell you where to go. Or ask someone in another grocery store.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Did your store never get one, or was it broken and hopefully not tossed? Like Mehmehmeh said, it should be exceedingly easy to salvage the quick connect end, and attach it to a new hose. Otherwise, I'd look up the manufacturer of the produce stand / counter / shelving system. They will almost certainly sell hoses as well. And if you can find that, I'd talk to the manager about 'maybe the store can invest in a new hose to cut down on time and increase safety (so you're not dragging a hose across walk areas, and it would cut back on water on the floor)'

I know how hard it is to run a produce section without a proper hose. Good luck!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You should be able to pick up a quick connect adapter for hoses at hardware stores. Not sure if the produce one is a standard size or not. Get some measurements and head down to the hardware store.

• mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Most quick connects I have seen at hardware stores are not the same. They also designed for quick connection of the hose accessories but do not seem to automatically cut off the water when disconnected. They are designed like the compressed air type fittings.

OP's connector looks sort of like these for a soda keg. They have hoses and fittings here. You would probably want to find them locally at a homebrew store in case there are different sizes.