As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well I've never rolled a warlock and I always have wanted to, so I guess my mind has been made up

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just as an update: I am alive, just working tons of overtime and sleeping. Don't have time for much else.

Though I do find out my new work schedule in the coming week and hopefully will be able to start logging in when most people are awake, hopefully.

skorch on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It sounds as though you guys are full up on dps, but I would love to get my hunter into the guild. I'm not particularly worried about raiding (although I have extensive heroic and normal mode ICC experience), I'm just looking for a guild with a good atmosphere.

I've been a semi-hardcore raider for a while now but I've just gotten sick of the characters you run into in guilds like that. So, let me know if you guys will have me, or if you want to talk to me on mumble or whatever.

Emporium on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We have a total of 2. That's right, 2, level 80 Hunters in our guild.

Come on over.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    We have a total of 2. That's right, 2, level 80 Hunters in our guild.

Come on over.

Great. Let me turn my gold into goods (stupid transfer caps), then I'll transfer/faction change. Now I have to figure out which alliance race I want to be again, hmm...

Emporium on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And both of them run out of ammo and/or have their weapon break during boss fights. So basically what I am saying is, you will instantly replace them if you transfer over.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just saying hi for my baby warrior on Draenor, Bellaeva. She's 67 right now and leveling as a tank.

Nobody on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    C&C is the antithesis of hardcore raiding guilds. Our tanks aren't jerks. Our healers don't judge each other over meters. We don't give the bottom 50% of raid DPS shit for not being the top 50%. And, most importantly, you don't have to suck up to get raid spots (though it certainly doesn't hurt to try, just in case you want to send some of that excess gold to Vanzur or Bronzeheart, special healing consideration is given to the generous).

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just don't wear cloth, we don't heal them, at all.

(by we I mean Vanzur, he kills cloth classes dead)

skorch on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    And both of them run out of ammo and/or have their weapon break during boss fights. So basically what I am saying is, you will instantly replace them if you transfer over.

Nobody can beat my double fuck up raid. That shit is the stuff of legend.

Seriously though, ranged DPS is probably the thing we need the most in raids right now and adding another ranged would probably close out our raiding needs for the moment. A hunter especially would work due to the aforementioned 2 80 hunters (one of which is mine and I don't plan on raiding with him again).

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    skorch wrote: »
    Just don't wear cloth, we don't heal them, at all.

(by we I mean Vanzur, he kills cloth classes dead)

I have also been known to let people die. But I'm equal opportunity. If you do something stupid, I'm probably going to let your bar go all the way left (or not do whatever crazy tank move I have that could save you depending on what class I'm playing), regardless of your armor type.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey now, I don't just refuse to heal over something like armor class. I also refuse to heal people with stupid character names and trade trolls. Also, warlocks.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well I'm on Draenor now. My hunter's name is Rocterros. I'll be on most of the night, trying to sell off all the crap I had to buy to get back under the gold transfer cap.

Emporium on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Except for druids. Enough with the fucking druids already. We get it, you're one re-spec away from doing our jobs better. Fuck you.

I know there was a time when the guild was practically overrun with Druids, but nowadays there just seems to be Hoegi and me in raids, and we are both Boomkin/Tree specs :P

Maybe there are some others who've just been on hiatus, I don't know. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I decided to pick up my hunter again. I don't think I have been active on draenor in like two years, but once upon a time I was in the guild. I'll see about procuring an invite, being unguilded is too quiet.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Except for druids. Enough with the fucking druids already. We get it, you're one re-spec away from doing our jobs better. Fuck you.

I know there was a time when the guild was practically overrun with Druids, but nowadays there just seems to be Hoegi and me in raids, and we are both Boomkin/Tree specs :P

Maybe there are some others who've just been on hiatus, I don't know. :P

I have been working on the opposite side of the day for the past month or so. I should return soon, hopefully.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zombie Bear McRocketAss

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Emporium wrote: »
    Well I'm on Draenor now. My hunter's name is Rocterros. I'll be on most of the night, trying to sell off all the crap I had to buy to get back under the gold transfer cap.

Welcome to Clawshrimp.

Now learn to play Oculus goosey.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, stuff never drops for my priest. Also, I'm to the point where the only way to continue gearing her is to raid, which I dread.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I might be late for Sunday's raid. Hopefully I make it on time because I want to punch LK in the dick.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm fairly certain that I've come up with a way to get around my wireless card's apparent hatred for the game, with any luck I'll be able to get resubbed again soon enough. Glad to see things are still active.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't stop believin' CLASHROMPS! I want to see that LK killshot!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I will almost certainly be late to raid today.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll be on time. The draft went faster than normal.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so yah if you don't want me there for the raid then like don't invite me and waste my time.

Chara on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Chara wrote: »
    so yah if you don't want me there for the raid then like don't invite me and waste my time.

Really?

We have 10 slots and 15 people on line. Sometimes people have to sit out.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was told this was the hardcore day to raid and Wednesday is the lowbie day which is fine but don't confuse me by inviting me to both. :?

Chara on
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So here's the thing, when you're planning a raid, you over invite because you don't know who is going to show. Then when people do show, you make the best group you can from the people available.

They're rotating people in as often as they can. Wednesday is a much better night to show up if you are not already full on ICC raider. Sundays we're doing Sindy, which is a hard fight to learn and hard to execute.

But, to be honest, and I know this makes me sound like a jerk, but having an attitude about it doesn't endear anyone to the people making these decisions. It's just a game, we don't want to take it so seriously that we have to watch out for people's feelings at every turn.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Here's how we do this. It's not complicated.

We send out a calendar invite for Wednesday and Sunday. We invite EVERYONE that has both expressed interest in raiding and is at the appropriate gear level. That way we know who is going to be around and who isn't, and we have some idea of what content we will be doing.

Accepting the calendar invite does not guarantee you a spot in the raid for that night.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chara wrote: »

Seriously, Man the Fuck Up. Sometimes you don't get to go on raids. Sometimes you do. Sometimes you don't get the loot you want. Sometimes you do.

The only thing to see here is the good: once we have more than 10 people regularly showing up for the 10 mans, we can start running two 10s, or a 25.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Make it so me and Noisy can add forum access for people.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You should be able to. Let me check the settings.

Edit : There you have the exact same settings as I do.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Word. I'll get people setup for access when I get home if Noisy doesn't beat me to it. If you need forum access and we miss you please put up another request.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I went to resub, but apparently somethings up with my authenticator. It's either out of sync or my account was hacked. Can somebody check when some of my character's last logins were (Wildschwein, Wildfalken or Groffskither)? Either way I'm waiting for a ticket to be answered.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wildfalken - 4 months
    Wildbanker - 1 month
    Wildshwein - 1 month
    Groffskither - 2 months

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alright, sounds about right, and they all seem to still have their gear on and all. Guess it's just the authenticator screwing up.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do you use a mobile authenticator? I've heard that those can get goosed up when you update the OS on the phone though I've had no issues myself.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nope, physical one. No idea what could be up, sent a request in to get it removed for now. Not sure if I'll replace it, try to reattach it, or start using a mobile one after that.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The physical ones can get out of sync from time to time. Just email or call billing and they can re-sync it for you.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's resynced and resubbed. What can I say, life is good.

SightTDW on