As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Emporium wrote: »
    IndieGirl wrote: »
    I have been hanging around in the PA channel for about a week but no one ever seems to be on when I'm on, which is generally during the day. I rolled a Worgen warrior named Scritch to see the Alliance stuff.

Yeah, our guild has not been the most active recently. If you still want an invite I'll be on for a while, name is Rocterros.

Had a class, guess I missed you. :(

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have been hanging around in the PA channel for about a week but no one ever seems to be on when I'm on, which is generally during the day. I rolled a Worgen warrior named Scritch to see the Alliance stuff.

Had you been here late last year you'd have seen plenty of me, you only had the misfortune of joining the guild after several of us got jobs/went back to school/shacked up with someone across the country.

Kreutz on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I(Targalocke) haven't been around much lately guys, it's the end of the school year so tests and essays and all that fun stuff.

LockedOnTarget on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My account officially expires on Friday, and I won't be renewing. I'm sad that Cataclysm didn't really grab me like Lich King did. It didn't really do anything wrong for me either; I loved the quests. I guess part of it is I just don't want to put the time into grouping up with people and stuff like that.

Anyway, I might drop in before my subscription ends to say farewell. I'll probably be back...eventually.

SteevL on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    My account officially expires on Friday, and I won't be renewing. I'm sad that Cataclysm didn't really grab me like Lich King did. It didn't really do anything wrong for me either; I loved the quests. I guess part of it is I just don't want to put the time into grouping up with people and stuff like that.

Anyway, I might drop in before my subscription ends to say farewell. I'll probably be back...eventually.

We're all kinda feelin the same way about Cataclysm, Steev. Ah well, we had some good times.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2011
    I think that Burning Crusade did the same thing for me when it came out. Hit the level cap, got my flying mount, then didn't feel like doing anything.

SteevL on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My account has been cancelled since last month, not for any particular reason other then my workload going up with finals over the past few weeks. I still come on occasionally to dick around on it as I have time paid up till mid-June, but I'm probably going to let it run seeing as I too feel the same way about Cata. It was good for a few months and then kind of fell into the same old grind and gear treadmill that I didn't mind so much in Vanilla and BC but came to revile after Ulduar and the changes they made with the badge system. I can never speak ill of the game after the years of genuine enjoyment I've gotten out of it but this latest expansion just doesn't grip me the same way the other iterations of WoW did.

I'm placing my hopes on Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic to renew my interest in MMOs in the near future, and I bet there would be plenty of Clawshromps interested in giving those a try when they come out. It might be something for the guild to consider if we're burnt out on WoW.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2011
    Sooo... this guild is dead, huh.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sad to see things are fading out, I'm going to miss my little outlet for my sporadic bursts of interest in the game. Hope to see some of you in TOR, or even things of the non-MMO variety.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited April 2011
    Damn, I really thought the guild was doing OK. Kind of surprised to see that it's winding down. Makes me sad since it's what revived my fading interest in WoW -- I was about to stop playing after I had hit 80 with my character, then I saw someone on here propose the creation of a guild on a new server with brand new characters.

I doubt I'll be in another MMO anytime soon, unfortunately.

SteevL on
    edited April 2011
    The guild is doing alright. We're going through the same pre-patch lull that hits us every so often. It gives people like me the chance to level a couple more alts, so I can't complain.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2011
    syndalis wrote: »

Not completely dead, we're still working on our 10 man raid progression. Some people are still working on alts.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Not completely dead, we're still working on our 10 man raid progression. Some people are still working on alts.

It's pretty hard to get an invite if you play during the day though. :(

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
    edited April 2011

Do you need one, right now?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2011

Do you need one, right now?

Gimme two minutes and I can jump on

edit: SUCCESS

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure I can be on tonight. We're in full on cleaning mode for our vacation next week. I definitely will not be able to raid Sunday (we're leaving early sunday morning) or wednesday. I will be back in time for next sunday.

belligerent on
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure I can be on tonight. We're in full on cleaning mode for our vacation next week. I definitely will not be able to raid Sunday (we're leaving early sunday morning) or wednesday. I will be back in time for next sunday.

OH good you aren't dead!

Have fun on vacation, you need one.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I resubbed, I've never played Cataclysm yet, and my account's been hacked and all my old characters are naked and no one I used to play with has played anymore.

So I figure now is as good a time as any to start from scratch, especially since the world's been remade and all.

So I thought I'd start an alliance character, makes sense I guess. Especially considering I've almost exclusively played horde in the past.

Hope to see you guys around!

Dissociater on
    edited April 2011
    So, I resubbed, I've never played Cataclysm yet, and my account's been hacked and all my old characters are naked and no one I used to play with has played anymore.

So I figure now is as good a time as any to start from scratch, especially since the world's been remade and all.

So I thought I'd start an alliance character, makes sense I guess. Especially considering I've almost exclusively played horde in the past.

Did you attach an authenticator to your account?

You also might be able to get your stuff back, if that matters to you.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

OH good you aren't dead!

Have fun on vacation, you need one.

LOL. sorry about the text but I didn't have time to log in and say anything. I'm fine for now. couple cool scars and a slight limp and I'm ready for a vacation. only 2 1/2 more work days.

belligerent on
    edited April 2011

It's been over a year since I played, and apparently the hack happened last summer somehow. They said it's too far back to restore the items, so they gave me some gold instead. Also, last I played i don't think they had authenticators. I don't even know what that is though.

Dissociater on
    edited April 2011

It's been over a year since I played, and apparently the hack happened last summer somehow. They said it's too far back to restore the items, so they gave me some gold instead. Also, last I played i don't think they had authenticators. I don't even know what that is though.

If you have a smart phone, it's a free app that spits out a string of number that you enter everytime you log in to your account.

If you don't have a smart phone it's a 7 dollar dongle, you push a button and enter the numbers in. It's an extra layer of security for your account.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would definitely not say the guild is dead by any means, despite being on the west coast when most people are on the east coast I can usually sign on and find other people to do heroics with. When 4.1 comes along I imagine things will burst with life again as well.

sassfactor4 on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ya I don't think the guild is dead, it's more that WoW isn't as much the game it used to be and people have been having various real life things going on.

Even if WoW stays flip floppy in maintaining collective interest, I think this guild will survive and thrive anyways. Noisy and company are good guys and a far cry above most guilds I've been in and that is probably enough to ensure Clawshrimp will be able to stay fun and filled with people.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, I'm wondering how wise it is to play on this server though, I'm in the UK now, so that puts an 8 hour time difference between me and the server.

Dissociater on
    edited April 2011
    OK, glad the guild isn't all gloom-doom, then. :)

SteevL on
    edited April 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    OK, glad the guild isn't all gloom-doom, then. :)

Nah, we are all LoLin', right Ylon?

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll be on a lot more in a week. Still didn't decide if I'm keeping with the druid, transferring a rally, or doing something else though.

Stupid military training... On the upside my new laptop will be there when I get home.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Im JONESIN for some WoW, but im trying to hold out till the patch comes out. I will make sure to level a shammy up to 85 to raid with you guys.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited April 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Im JONESIN for some WoW, but im trying to hold out till the patch comes out. I will make sure to level a shammy up to 85 to raid with you guys.

I would reactivate now, that way when the patch drops you'll be 85 with most of your heroic gear. You'll be ready to board the troll-train to Welfare Epicsland with the rest of the community.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Noisy is the conductor of the troll-train.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2011
    I haven't had much time to play but my warrior is 29 now and finally has warrrrrrrrbrrrrrrringerrrrrrrrrrr so life is good. Also alliance DPS is significantly better than horde DPS so far at low levels; I have been outdpsed by rogues and paladins quite a few times so far but mages, warlocks, druids and priests continue to be horrible.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
    edited April 2011
    So I have to make the trek to Chi-town Thursday. I should be back in time for the cheevo raid but I'll be dead fucking tired so don't expect great healing (as if you would have anyway). And the Wednesday night raid is right out thanks to getting up at 3 AM to beat the legendary I-90 traffic.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2011
    I will get on this ASAP if someone can do a name check on the server to see if the name Fluttershy is taken.

Riokenn on
  • CreidhesCreidhes Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I will get on this ASAP if someone can do a name check on the server to see if the name Fluttershy is taken.

Looks available to me.

Creidhes on
    edited April 2011
    Creidhes wrote: »

Looks available to me.

Fuck Portal 2, looks like im grinding a Shammy!

Riokenn on
  • CreidhesCreidhes Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Creidhes wrote: »

Looks available to me.

Fuck Portal 2, looks like im grinding a Shammy!

We have a few folks that have finished already.
    Just do a /join pa and say butts butts.

Creidhes on
    edited April 2011
    The husband and I are grinding along nicely but we are sorely in need of glyphs because they are expensive and I cannot afford to pay 200g each for them. We are going to need:

[strike]Glyph of Explosive Shot
    Glyph of Kill Shot
    Glyph of Serpent Sting
    Glyph of Disengage
    Glyph of Mending
    Glyph of Mend Pet
    Glyph of Feign Death

Glyph of Revenge
    Glyph of Devastate
    Glyph of Sunder Armor
    Glyph of Shockwave
    Glyph of Battle
    Glyph of Enduring Victory
    Glyph of Demoralizing Shout

I know it's a long list and I hate to beg but we have about 250g between us. Anything anyone can offer up as far as the glyphs would be super appreciated. <3[/strike]

Thanks to a donor who shall remain anonymouse *coughtroccough* we are good to go. <3<3<3

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WoW is updating on my new laptop. Should be playable in a little bit, then I'll fire it up and see how it runs. Still debating about bringing my pally over, especially if the prices on stuff is as bad as that.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2011
    WoW is updating on my new laptop. Should be playable in a little bit, then I'll fire it up and see how it runs. Still debating about bringing my pally over, especially if the prices on stuff is as bad as that.

Well glyphs (the ones everyone uses anyways) are generally 100-200g each on my main's realm as well, it's just not an issue when you have thousands of gold. We're fresh rerolls and at level 25/50 when you need your first sets of glyphs, if you're concentrating on levelling there's not a whole lot of money in it. If there's no inscriptionist around that can make this stuff in the next few days, I'll probably just take a break when I hit 40 and mine a lot. Mining is still stupidly profitable, even at low levels. Nbd, I'm having a good time.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg