As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Team RanBat tonight at 9 eastern! Get a teammate!

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The new Adium beta (1.4) supports IRC now too.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BTW why cant everybody have a brain dead hit confirming combo like Cody's c.lp,c.lp,c.mp->special of choice. I think you actually have to try to fuck this one up.

Meanwhile Deejays exact same combo PRACTICALLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!

Its not worth it. c.mp has pathetic range, you're better off going straight to the machine gun upper/upkicks/dread kicks.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man I am so bad in the Challenges with the links. Does this shit get any easier with a stick?

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Got the Saturn USB ready to go, so I'm set if anyone's down.
    (PSN cj_iwakura)

Failing that, I'll check the IRC. Still not sure how the whole lobby thing works.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Got the Saturn USB ready to go, so I'm set if anyone's down.
    (PSN cj_iwakura)

Failing that, I'll check the IRC. Still not sure how the whole lobby thing works.

I'll hop back on CJ.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'll hop on a bit too if you guys are cool with it.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To anybody learning makoto, here's a public notice: don't ever use hayate in a situation where it's going to be blocked, always combo into it. It's not an approach tool, it's a combo tool that leads to mixups in 3S though that mixup game is weaker in SSF4. So, yeah.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I was running through Hakan's trials earlier today and I got to c.LK x3.

I couldn't even get TWO to link together, what's the catch?

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oil up?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    To anybody learning makoto, here's a public notice: don't ever use hayate in a situation where it's going to be blocked, always combo into it. It's not an approach tool, it's a combo tool that leads to mixups in 3S though that mixup game is weaker in SSF4. So, yeah.

Yeah, the very first thing I did in training mode was set Makoto to hayate and try to reversal DP it.

Turns out you can. Always.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Invites sent to Froggy and CJ for a lobby.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »

I really don't understand her mix ups. I can't figure out how to get to the other side or anything. I guess I need to run into some good Makotos.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's surreal using Ibuki in SF4. She's the same, yet different. (I mained her in SF3)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Juri news makes me sad. :( Is Juri's pinwheel always punishable, or is there some spacing to make it safe?

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    i hate playing on the xbox360 so fucking much why the fuck would any video game maker make a dpad so unable to interact with a goddamn fighting game.

bill gates i will literally poop into your cereal.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I may stay away from lobbies for now. I need some practice and it's really hard to get any momentum going even in four-person ones.

Being 0-33 in lobbies so far isn't helping either. :/

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We have room in a PS3 lobby for one more.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    i hate playing on the xbox360 so fucking much why the fuck would any video game maker make a dpad so unable to interact with a goddamn fighting game.

They should make a edition you can only use the default controller for, and then another edition meant for people with good joysticks.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »

They should make a edition you can only use the default controller for, and then another edition meant for people with good joysticks.

They can call it STREET FIGHTER 4: TURBO SANDY VAGINA edition.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    On the other hand, I just got the new issue of Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki in the mail. Perhaps there shall be some Makoto inspiration in this.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They did an Ibuki issue? Nice.

Also, good to know Rose is still awesome. I might stick with her over Ibuki.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Switched rooms to play with a few others. Good games.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate to say this, but I have to put down SSF4 for a while. I have a MASSIVE blister on my right thumb. I had to play with the fightpad all night because using my stick kept waking up the baby, with those loud ass switches...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    They did an Ibuki issue? Nice.
    Two issues so far and still continuing. They both involve Makoto's transfer to Ibuki's school.

ibl0110bg.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks to those who helped me get adapted to this game. I still have lots to learn it seems.

In the end I was such a sandbag everyone left my lobby. Guess I was too boring.D:

FroggyP on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I see a potential "I see what you did thar" image.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FroggyP wrote: »
    Thanks to those who helped me get adapted to this game. I still have lots to learn it seems.

In the end I was such a sandbag everyone left my lobby. Guess I was too boring.D:

Hm I sent you an invite to the new room.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't like AI Seth having such a big invulnerable window on his uppercuts.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FroggyP wrote: »

Hm I sent you an invite to the new room.

Oh what?

FroggyP on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BlueDestiny, that tutorial video series you posted on page 16 is excellent! Exactly the kind of stuff I need.

It's weird--I've been doing some of this stuff without knowing what it was called, or really understanding it, especially the knockdown guessing-game stuff.

Captain K on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could you all stop improving at this game until i have a chance to practice please? :P

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I really need to find some Makoto tutorial videos.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I'm not good or anything.

Evidence: I'm wondering if there's a dictionary of terms for this game somewhere. Is a target combo like a "dial combo" that existed in the Marvel vs. series? Or what exactly?

Captain K on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Captain K wrote: »

Evidence: I'm wondering if there's a dictionary of terms for this game somewhere. Is a target combo like a "dial combo" that existed in the Marvel vs. series? Or what exactly?

Yes, that's what they are, the timing is pretty strict on some of them though.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited April 2010

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Glossary

A target combo is a combo where the normals cancel into each other, so the timing is more lenient.

edit: BlueDestiny thats an amazing video btw. Until now I've been using Sirlin's Super Turbo tutorials to explain street fighter basics.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Street_Fighter_IV

dammit, beat.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cheat Engine: On

:3

Great games to everyone in the ChaosHat lobby. I may not be able to get on again until tomorrow, where I will once again do nothing but focus attack and throw to win matches.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm watching the third in the series now. It's really making me feel like I understand the Street Fighter series better than I thought I did!

I lost a lot of matches today where I could have easily crushed my opponent's mistakes, simply because I didn't input moves correctly. :oops: I guess what I've been doing to a lot of people all day is baiting reversals, and then when I've got my window of opportunity I'll just completely blow something simple like a double QCF and end up doing some completely random move. Most of the time it was failing to execute Guy's Ultra #1 and instead doing the EX dash move, which not only does no damage but also gives the other player the same opportunity that I just wasted. :oops::oops::oops:

EDIT: Oh yeah, why does everyone I play against seem to have either a comic book black outline thing going on for their character, or a black crosshatch shading thing? I don't even see any option to enable that.

Captain K on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They're great tutorials for the fundamentals of Street Fighter, no doubt about it. I was lucky that friend who knew about them linked em to me when I started talking about SF4. Doesn't hurt that they have nice music and subtitles instead of someone popping and spitting into a mic.

BlueDestiny on