As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Team RanBat tonight at 9 eastern! Get a teammate!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can combo into it a few ways too, but I think his U1 is better overall. (Though against certain characters, U2 makes them not want to ever jump, like Fuerte)

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ggs to whomever I played tonight. Ibuki is slowly starting to mesh, but I still haven't figured out a good way to get in so that I can use her target combos.

stigweard on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I came into this telling myself I was going to play Ibuki and T Hawk. I came out of today playing more Adon and Guy than anything else.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Urgh Deejay is so much fun. He's got everything I wanted in a charge character.

I usually really hate charge characters but DeeJay is like rad chilis

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's something I was noticing, is it just me or does Dan seem a lot better now? I was just playing as him, and it seems like his moves flow together a bit better now, like they reduced recovery times or something.

Dan is pretty solid though he's still going to be fairly low in the rankings I think. He can combo into his new Ultra though, and his taunts are now zero damage hits.

Apparently according to SRK his frame data is actually the same, he just didn't get any damage nerfs wheras some of the other characters got big ones, so that may be why I felt like I was doing better relatively with him.

Taunts hitting is pretty cool though, and the new ultra seems to be fairly useful.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would be amazin with hakan if I had a fightstick, I can't play any characters with a 360/half circle motion to my full potential because of the 360 controller...

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Maybe some time we should get a novice lobby going to try and level up our games. I understand the concepts of the game but ignore normals too often and my execution could be much better.

Yeah, we really do need a novice lobby of some kind. Not because I think I didn't learn anything from never winning in my lobby against people who are obviously much better.

But, you know, after a while never winning (and in my case never really getting close) ceases to be much fun.

Hell, I had more fun doing randoms than I did towards the end of my lobby run.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    apparently the ps3 version supports custom soundtracks, which is pretty sweet.

ggs to everyone from tonight. sabre your sakura was a little overmatched to everyone elses first day new characters i think ;)

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quoting from last thread...
    Indeed, wood working is out of many of our grasps.
    But shoebox? Pshh
    I used my mobo box -> video card box -> router box
    You, sir, are a genius. Why didn't I think of that?

StickOne_Mobobox.JPG

/shameless idea-theft

Houn on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha that's awesome.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    apparently the ps3 version supports custom soundtracks, which is pretty sweet.

ggs to everyone from tonight. sabre your sakura was a little overmatched to everyone elses first day new characters i think ;)
    Yeah, I'd pretty much just gotten home from work and loaded up SF4 when the invite came in, so I had practically no experience with anything new in Super yet and wanted something familiar to get going with. And get the 10-win achievement out of the way.

Very disappointing how awkward Makoto is in this game. With a whole lot of practice I might get her up to speed, but if I had to do a tournament right now I'd stick with Sakura.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmm...I think I'm missing something. Is there a way to unlock alternate costumes that I can't seem to find? Almost no character has them available.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. By paying for them. D:

Hakan is the best. I'm the best Hakan player ever.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GG's Lunixy. Sorry for all the Makoto spam. I'm still not sure how I feel about her, it's either WHOOHOO! or FUCK!!

Very bipolar, Makoto is.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. By paying for them. D:

Hakan is the best. I'm the best Hakan player ever.

I can attest to this.

Although my word isn't much.

I'm liking Vega a lot now, and Ibuki, and Dee Jay, and Hakan. To bad I can never really do anything.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Great games tonight everyone.

...I'm having a really hard time picking someone to main...

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't think I'll end up having Juri as my main, but since not everyone playing right has seen her much it seems to be easier to win with her in randoms than some other, more solid, but more well-known characters.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to be maining Juri even if she isn't that great. Her and Makoto.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What have you guys found for Hakan's anti fireballs. Against Ryu from mid to far i can FADC oil slide body press, and close guard postion oil dive. But I can't tell if these are useful 'cause i am not pro. Just hanging in training. Thoughts?

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Played for hours with Kinder, Stoked, and everyone else sorry I forgot you already!

I really need to work on my fundamentals, 17 losing streak go!

Least I started to win some rounds near the end.

This game is way to awesome, at first glance it fixed all my problems with SF4 hopefully the trend continues.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Really curious how the whole dash cancel thing will work out in the long run for Hakan since no one else can do that.

Chessboxing909 on
    "I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Had some awesome games with TopHatPanda. We did a Hakan mirror where I tried to super him but he reacton ultra2'ed and got me in the counter :lol:

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Have literally been playing for the majority of the day. I came in expecting to rip it up with Dudley, and I fall in love with Guy...

Someone mentioned him being the worst new character. I just can't see it.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

At the moment that would appear to be Juri.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If the SRK makoto forums are anything to go by it would be makoto. :lol:

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    None of the new characters are bad from what I've seen. I can't even think of a character in the cast that isn't at the very least decent anymore with all of the changes. Rose is even looking pretty good.

Stuff is bananas.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Agreed on Juri. Has anyone else even played Guy?

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was playing mostly Adon with a side of Guy, and Guy's got some neat stuff. The flip throw does massive damage, his slides are safe if spaced right and his crouching mk is fucking boss.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Waaaaaah. Picked this up today but I can't play it until after exams.

Waaaaaah. D:

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guy is fun as heck

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

At the moment that would appear to be Juri.

Most of the juri's complaints are "oh no Pinwheel isn't safe on block so we have to hit confirm instead of spamming it and be retarded! Oh no divekick is unsafe on block at a certain height and it doesn't hit overhead, nevermind that it's a good punisher and that at least the EX version can lead to ultra combo, we just want it to be retarded!"

Antihippy on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe I just need to play on an actual-size TV to get comfortable with the new characters. I had to play tonight crouched on the floor in front of a little 19" CRT monitor that wasn't a particularly ergonomic setup.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think my favorite thing to do is c.mk>pinwheel. I keep trying to do j.HK>c.lp>c.lk>c.mk>pinwheel, but it doesn't work.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Whether or not she's bad, Juri just "feels" really fun to me. I find Guy interesting but I definitely haven't been able to find a good rhythm with him. Cody I have a slightly better feel of, but haven't used him enough to really figure him out.

I think I'm going to spend some time tomorrow working on Ibuki. I'm afraid she might wind up being a bit technical for me however.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Izuna drops all day baby. Wish his U2 wasn't total ass though.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Maybe I just need to play on an actual-size TV to get comfortable with the new characters. I had to play tonight crouched on the floor in front of a little 19" CRT monitor that wasn't a particularly ergonomic setup.

I get to play on a 50 inch set up.

Can't wait.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    okkotookkoto Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wanted to say thanks to the late night PSN crowd. Ggs. I feel like I learned a thing or two. Now off to bed.

okkoto on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am moderately good at best. If anyone else is new, or just plain bad like I am, feel free to add me on 360 and we can play a bit to practice. You're pretty much guaranteed to be equal or better than I am! <3

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I am moderately good at best. If anyone else is new, or just plain bad like I am, feel free to add me on 360 and we can play a bit to practice. You're pretty much guaranteed to be equal or better than I am! <3

I invited you like 40 times today. No love.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha. The time I got on and instantly got an invite I had already made plans on AIM to get into a lobby. :( Earlier today 3 people came over and we were just rocking Versus. I wish I could have two of us online at once, even in an endless battle or something. Its either play in person, with just whoever is here, or go online and actually play multiple people.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.