As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beer of the Week

Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Social Entropy++
So this weeks beer is from Ninkasi Brewing.

It's called Spring Reign ale. It's a seasonal offering so get it while it's around!

http://www.cuisinology.com/.a/6a00e54ff4bb7f883401156ea3ee79970c-800wi

It's quite good.

Hoppy and floral but with a touch of sweetness

Also this can be a thread about beer

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bear of the Week.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ninkasi is a fantastic brewery.

^5

Total Domination IPA.

Also their tap handles are rad as shit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I prefer Chico's version

Chico tell me of the bears

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Bear of the Week.

You and me Chico.

Are you still watching me?
    Because look at this!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beer of the weak, apparently

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bear is LGBT slang for those in the bear communities, a subculture in the gay/bisexual male communities and an emerging subset of LGBT communities with events, codes and culture-specific identity. It also describes a physical type.

Bears tend to have hairy bodies and facial hair; some are heavy-set; some project an image of working-class masculinity in their grooming and appearance, though none of these are requirements or unique indicators. Some bears place importance on presenting a hypermasculine image and may shun interaction with, and even disdain, men who exhibit effeminacy. The bear concept can function as an identity, an affiliation, and an ideal to live up to, and there is ongoing debate in bear communities about what constitutes a bear, however a consensus exists that inclusion is an important part of the Bear Community.

Bears are almost always gay or bisexual men, although increasingly transgender men (transmen) and those who shun labels for gender and sexuality are also included within bear communities.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

It's called Spring Reign ale. It's a seasonal offering so get it while it's around!

It's quite good.

This sounds delicious, where can I acquire it

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bear is LGBT slang for those in the bear communities, a subculture in the gay/bisexual male communities and an emerging subset of LGBT communities with events, codes and culture-specific identity. It also describes a physical type.

Bears tend to have hairy bodies and facial hair; some are heavy-set; some project an image of working-class masculinity in their grooming and appearance, though none of these are requirements or unique indicators. Some bears place importance on presenting a hypermasculine image and may shun interaction with, and even disdain, men who exhibit effeminacy. The bear concept can function as an identity, an affiliation, and an ideal to live up to, and there is ongoing debate in bear communities about what constitutes a bear, however a consensus exists that inclusion is an important part of the Bear Community.

Bears are almost always gay or bisexual men, although increasingly transgender men (transmen) and those who shun labels for gender and sexuality are also included within bear communities.

Like I said, you and me.

Chico...

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    Beer of the weak, apparently

Hey Raneados!

Shut up.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    On September 1, 2007, in a live interview called "The TrekTrak Show" with Star Trek: The Next Generation actors Jonathan Frakes (Riker), Brent Spiner (Data) and Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) at Dragon*Con, host Eric L. Watts (who self-identifies as a Bear) asked Frakes if he was aware that he was "something of an icon in the Bear community."

3436283_tng_riker-thumb.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chico has found his groove.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chico does this mean I can be a straight bear if I wish to throw aside aside traditional roles!

Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    On September 1, 2007, in a live interview called "The TrekTrak Show" with Star Trek: The Next Generation actors Jonathan Frakes (Riker), Brent Spiner (Data) and Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) at Dragon*Con, host Eric L. Watts (who self-identifies as a Bear) asked Frakes if he was aware that he was "something of an icon in the Bear community."

Well was he?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    aside aside!

Tonkka on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We just got the Two Beers belgian wit on tap here.

It's pretty good.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Well was he?

frakes.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beer for Bears: gentleman_jack_gr.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    OH MY GOD.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Polar bear - a silver- or white-haired Bear.

frakes_libparty3.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sheri wrote: »

It's quite good.

I don't know about florida but I got it at my local grocery

• Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thank you Chico, I am now quite informed!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You are very welcome.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's quite good.

I don't know about florida but I got it at my local grocery

My local grocery has a pretty shitty beer selection, but I'll take a look.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I live a few blocks away from a beer room with over 700 kinds of beer. How do you live, Sheri?

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF

I want 700 kinds of beer

• Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I come from a small bumfuck town of 6,000...and what do you know, they had beer from my hometown's brewery in stock. It was mind blowing.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had a banana bread beer last weekend... it was very good tasting, then after your drink... when you breathed out it tasted like banana's....

it was a pretty amazing thing.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had an Orval, along with 2 beers from Dieu Du Ciel, tonight.

http://twitpic.com/1jk6ln/full

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Drew-B wrote: »
    I live a few blocks away from a beer room with over 700 kinds of beer. How do you live, Sheri?

I'm a wino, duh.

Sheri on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drew-B wrote: »

I'm a wino, duh.

Woo! Wine! Yeah!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Apparently Boulevard Brewery will come out with their own pilsner in May. I'm weirdly excited for it.

I'm also just getting into beer drinking and could not identify "hoppy" flavors and when I read that the porter I was drinking had a strong chocolate flavor I was like UH NAH. l2beer I guess.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i do LOVE a good Riesling, but other than that i'm not much of a wine person.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was thinking about getting some Strongbow tonight.

But the Ninkasi was cheaper

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheri, what's a good/cheap wine you'd recommend towards someone beginning their journey into wine?
    Mind you when I say cheap I mean something a college student could pick up at Safeway/Albertsons.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Sheri, what's a good/cheap wine you'd recommend towards someone beginning their journey into wine?
    Mind you when I say cheap I mean something a college student could pick up at Safeway/Albertsons.

http://www.donandsons.com/threeloosescrews/thecrusher/

is quite good and I picked it up for $12

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

http://www.donandsons.com/threeloosescrews/thecrusher/

is quite good and I picked it up for $12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQCYRTqgyI

Swill on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lately I've switched from Guinness, my winter staple beer, to Blue Moon or Shock Top as my summer beer. Though theres some good local stuff (the stuff out of Bloomington and the stuff out of Munster are all good) I usually don't stray too much. Also my fall beer is Woodchuck.

Though I guess if we do a new beer every week I'll give it a shot.

I really want to try Yinglings, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it, but you can only get it in Ohio, Kentucky, Pennslyvania, and southern Indiana.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bought a case of peroni

It's a regular beer

just a very nice regular beer

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think Wild Blue Blueberry Beer is pretty good for something new and inciting.

I went out for dinner last week and had a fantastic oatmeal stout that I can't remember the name of. I'll just have to raid BevMo of all the oatmeal stouts!

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me