As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] II - Co-Op achievements without online can eat a dick

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Bursar wrote: »
    I borrowed the office copy of Rage and got to the point where they're making it very obvious about "Press A to go to a different part of the world, so you'd better finish up whatever sidequests you have before you do." So, I look up the super-secret hidden playing card locations just in case I missed something, and sure enough I was missing one card.

One card, that was only available during one mission, after which the entire map closes off to prevent you from ever going back and trying to get it. This screws me out of not only the "get all the cards" achievement, but the "100% the game" achievement. Thanks a lot, iD.

now you can just ignore all the achievements and power through the game, since its pretty much the most boring game in the universe. getting 100% on it would involve so damn much backtracking and awful racing, forget that noise.

Ah_Pook on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The last time I played Reach was prior to 343's TU "ruining" it by being grognards with power or something... I do recall not liking some of what I read though, so maybe they did ruin it? IDK.

The achievements I need on it are:

All of the Defiant and Anniversary Map achievements. Do you have to download the AMP if you have Anniversary Edition? Got the space but I don't feel like doing it. Also, the Anniversary Map Pack achieves require a matchmade game, so how do you intend to do those?

This weekend is slightly open, next weekend is not. I have no idea what the weekend after that will bring either. For me, what would work better is giving a date/time you want to shoot for.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The last time I played Reach was prior to 343's TU "ruining" it by being grognards with power or something... I do recall not liking some of what I read though, so maybe they did ruin it? IDK.

The achievements I need on it are:

All of the Defiant and Anniversary Map achievements. Do you have to download the AMP if you have Anniversary Edition? Got the space but I don't feel like doing it. Also, the Anniversary Map Pack achieves require a matchmade game, so how do you intend to do those?

This weekend is slightly open, next weekend is not. I have no idea what the weekend after that will bring either. For me, what would work better is giving a date/time you want to shoot for.

You can do matchmade games with parties. It's not like H3 where so many of the achievements have to be done in, say, Lonewolf and the only way to get help is to set your region to Lithuania or something. Everything is under matchmaking except custom games, and very few of the achievements can be done in custom games. But since Matchmaking is so broad the issue isn't matchmaking itself, but managing to get the right map/gametype you're looking for, for specific achievements. (i.e. getting a defiant map in living dead for those, and getting enough votes for it)

Some achievements are map specific so even if you end up in a FFA in rumblepit or something you'll still have to hope for the specific map pack map since there are no custom playlists for packs anymore (except anniversary).

Some are still gonna be down to being able to do them "right", but having help in a party would make it easier to set things up. That's why the more the merrier; if there's enough people to fill multiple parties it makes trading stuff way easier. And the more people you have the more likely you are to get the map you want to win a vote.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The last set of achievements wiped out my 100% completion of Reach, so I'd be up for it. Friday or Saturday night perhaps?
    GT: ArteenEsben

• symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    I'd be up for Reach too, I'm still missing most of the DLC achievements.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I would love to join you guys, but I work graves on the weekends.

Tuesday/Wednesday night are good for me. But yeah, Dude's right in that with the removal of the DLC playlists its a LOT harder to get certain ones since they usually need to be done on their maps (Defient achievemts on Defient maps and so on) and now everything just lumped together with the DLC maps only recommended instead of required now.

On the plus side, we can have 4 people in a party for Slayer, 5 for Objective (which uses the Title Update settings) and 6-8 for Big Team stuff (Stockpile mostly).

newSig.jpg
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    400/400 on Dust: An Elysian Tail.

I've been thoroughly addicted to this for the past five days. The achievements are pretty easy for the most part as well, with only the requirement to ace all of the trials causing me any difficulty.

It's a fantastic 2D Metroidvania style game that just recently came out on XBLA and I highly recommend it.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    And that's recommendation enough for me to download the trial. Hopefully (if I like it) that and the ME3 DLC are $10 a piece since I have exactly $20 on my account.

camo_sig2.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    I borrowed the office copy of Rage and got to the point where they're making it very obvious about "Press A to go to a different part of the world, so you'd better finish up whatever sidequests you have before you do." So, I look up the super-secret hidden playing card locations just in case I missed something, and sure enough I was missing one card.

One card, that was only available during one mission, after which the entire map closes off to prevent you from ever going back and trying to get it. This screws me out of not only the "get all the cards" achievement, but the "100% the game" achievement. Thanks a lot, iD.

now you can just ignore all the achievements and power through the game, since its pretty much the most boring game in the universe. getting 100% on it would involve so damn much backtracking and awful racing, forget that noise.

I did all the backtracking, gathered all the cards and completed every race , I'm stuck on minigames and those co-op missions of all things, fuck that noise.
    I hated five finger fillet in Red Dead Redemption, but its worse in Rage.

I got 49/50 achievements in Syndicate (very enjoyable game! Even its co-op/multi is good) but I cant really progress further at the moment, I need to revive, sole survivor heal and normal heal people from my syndicate, of which almost none of them play anymore and even if they did, they are so high level that they literally never die.

Guess ill wait for someone I know to get this game and boost those 3 challenges (3 out of 125, the rest are completed.)

Not the brightest challenge to include in my opinion but the game is solid, the single player isn't terribly long, but its good and the co-op is great.

Just grabbed Darksiders 2 and one of the achievements requires me to send an item to someone on my Friends list. Small problem... since I only ever play single player games, I don't actually have anyone on my friends list. :(

So, would anyone of you fine folks out there that's got a copy of Darksiders 2 mind if I add you to my Friends list and send you a crappy piece of armour so I can get that 10 GS? I'll shout out your name really loud whilst I'm chasing a duck or something. :P

MGRSig2.jpg
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    You can add me Kitsuna, GT is same as my forum name.

edited August 2012
    Many thanks. I've shot off a friend request to you.

Edit: And done. Thanks for the help.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    Cleared all the SP achieves in AssRev... decided to do the MP ones... and it's been pretty lol.

I don't have any of the MP DLC, but some of the people I've seen have prestiged 2+ times... one did it like 13 times? Looking at the store the levels of some of the kit items that they have is pretty neat. doesn't do much to stop me from getting shot a lot or smoke bombed, but eh. I may buy the MP DLCs to full clear it.

I still say some of those are pretty bullshit... Aren't some of them specific character, playing specific gametype on a specific map?

newSig.jpg
    Nocren wrote: »
    I still say some of those are pretty bullshit... Aren't some of them specific character, playing specific gametype on a specific map?
    True, but it's not nearly as bad as Reach. It's much easier to get the right character or map in Rev matchmaking.

Arteen wrote: »
    True, but it's not nearly as bad as Reach. It's much easier to get the right character or map in Rev matchmaking.

Yea, the "Heroes" dlc requires specific characters but you can do em with teams. The map pack DLC ones may be a little tougher, since they vote for maps and all... idk. I'll have to see. It's fun though, so yeah.

I'm going to level up to 50 since I want to read the files you unlock in MP. That should cover these achievements too.

Well, hit me up. I could always help stab faces. And if my friend is on, I'm sure he'll help.

newSig.jpg
    I need both Rev and Brotherhood mp achievements so hit me up too if I'm around, or pm me or something and I can probably be around.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The AssRev MP achievements can almost all be boosted with just two people, IIRC. Send me a message when I'm on and we can boost.

Brotherhoods are most not bad; except the employee one. And I can't seem to find my checklist so i don't even remember what I have and haven't done. :(

edited August 2012
    So, new Transformers has a few achievements for multi.

Specifically one for each game type (turn in 5 heads, capture the flag 3 times, kill 6 different enemies, capture each point on a map). I think that last one means that you have to actually have all 3 at once and the "kill six different enemies" is for Team Deathmatch which has a player cap of 12 (6 a team max). All of then must be done in a single game.

Some how, I'm just missing flag return (managed to do it 2 out of 3, but a teammate got to it before I did the last time).

Then there's the standard "get MVP", reach level cap with a single class, with all classes, prestige/Prime mode.

Finally there's 4 Escalation (Horde mode) maps, each with their own achievement.

So if anyone wants help/encouragement for Multi and assistance in Escalation, give me a shout on 360.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    I finally bothered to go back to Final Fantasy XIII-2 and get the Clock Stopper achievement (100 preemptive strikes in a row), so that game is 1000/1000 now. I didn't realize there was a 2x game speed fragment skill, or that you could just retry after starting every battle. It's a stupid, grindy achievement, but ended up only taking ~20 minutes with the right setup.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The AssRev MP achievements can almost all be boosted with just two people, IIRC. Send me a message when I'm on and we can boost.

hmm, I want to get them naturally since there's still an active community going. the one thing about it is that the games are extremely swingy... either my team will get wrecked, or we'll wreck the other dudes. Close matches are few and far between. Still trying to get the hang of it too, so idk.

Once I finish it up, I have no clue what to play next though. Too many options and too little time.

edited August 2012
    I'm a Golden God!

200/200 on Super Meat Boy.

What a fantastic game. It kept giving me enough noticeable progress that I felt compelled to keep coming back and chipping away at it instead of walking off and saying, "that's enough". This is definitely one game I'm proud of getting the 100% on.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    edited September 2012
    1000/1000 on Darksiders 2.

An enjoyable game when all was said and done, although I wasn't that fond of some of the aspects of the combat system.

You also might want to avoid this game if collectibles annoy you. It makes Alan Wake's collectibles look downright tame in comparison.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    So I've been playing Lost Archive because it was on sale and I have to say that this is arguably the worst DLC that I've ever bought. I really hope that they don't include this in any form in AC3. ffs. |

I loved Lost Archive and the other first-person segments. "Impress Warren Vidic" was a satisfying achievement to get, too.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So I've been playing Lost Archive because it was on sale and I have to say that this is arguably the worst DLC that I've ever bought. I really hope that they don't include this in any form in AC3. ffs. |

They already said they aren't going to have those sorts of segments in AC3.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

They already said they aren't going to have those sorts of segments in AC3.

That's good to know! The main game first person segments weren't too bad... these just seem to drag on and on.

On the MP DLC front I only have to do the ones for Siena (Stay blended for 3 minutes in Wanted), Dyers (Get 5 team assists), Firenze (2 Variety Bonuses) and Imperial (Leap of faith five times in Assassination). Got the others without boosting so I'm happy/sure I'll get those. The "Expanded Content" playlist is pretty rough though. Low population and mostly dudes that prestiged multiple times. What I like about that playlist is that people don't always vote manhunt, so it works out. Hopefully I'll get it done without boosting.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Finally finished the Mad Moxxi Achievements putting Borderlands back on my 100% list. Now to wait for the sequel to do it all over again :D

After a year of waiting, I've finally got the 1000 on Batman: Arkham City.

I definitely don't like time dependant achievements, but at least the Storyteller achievement in Arkham City actually makes sense rather than being a arbitrary 'don't sell this game if you want this 10 GS' achievement. I still don't feel bad about cheating it to get up to date about four months ago though. :P

MGRSig2.jpg
    edited September 2012
    I've considered getting Borderlands GOTY edition just to add the DLC's to my finished base game, does anyone know if that will work?

Because I noticed that Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY has a separate achievement list than the normal Batman AA and I'm not really interested in "double dipping" or whatever.

Sirialis on
    Batman's an odd case, but Borderlands should be fine since its just Disc+DLC codes.

newSig.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Batman's an odd case, but Borderlands should be fine since its just Disc+DLC codes.

Aye. For good or bad, x360a has a list of games where achievements can be "stacked."

Link

edit: fixed URL

tastydonuts on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I think I'm ready to abandon MP achievements in Brotherhood. Even if I could play now, I just absolutely dread the pointless grinding. I have so little interest in playing with randos and it was hard getting enough people here for some grinding beyond the 15 things in one session.

Level 50 can eat a dick.

Of course, that's all moot right now... Man, I sure miss being able to play online.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I want to get the achievement in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for collecting all the secret intel strewn around the levels. I have 27 of 30 pieces collected but is there a way to tell for which levels I've collected all the intel? I'm not playing the whole game twice, y'know?

edited September 2012

Aye. For good or bad, x360a has a list of games where achievements can be "stacked."

Link

That link refuses to load for me for some reason, good to know that I can use the GOTY edition, its still a bit too expensive here though.

Just got the last 3 achievements in Darksiders 2, really liked that game, think I'll see if I can get the remaining stuff in Rage now.

Sirialis on
    edited September 2012
    Sirialis wrote: »

Link

That link refuses to load for me for some reason, good to know that I can use the GOTY edition, its still a bit too expensive here though.

Just got the last 3 achievements in Darksiders 2, really liked that game, think I'll see if I can get the remaining stuff in Rage now.

For some reason it loads up a PA Forum code html before the main website.

(This is the link)

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/118365/www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009

Here's what it should be:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    yea, I forgot to include teh http:// in the link, sorry! I fixed it in my post too.
    I think I'm ready to abandon MP achievements in Brotherhood. Even if I could play now, I just absolutely dread the pointless grinding. I have so little interest in playing with randos and it was hard getting enough people here for some grinding beyond the 15 things in one session.

Level 50 can eat a dick.

Of course, that's all moot right now... Man, I sure miss being able to play online.

You actually got into a game with randoms? I couldn't even get into a single game before I stopped bothering.

Started Red Faction Armageddon up, having a ball...

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You actually got into a game with randoms? I couldn't even get into a single game before I stopped bothering.

It was a few months ago...