As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Relationship Breakup

2»

• Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Update 2: Ha, she called me this morning wondering if she made the right decision to break it off. So I told her that no way in hell would I want to get back with someone who cheated on me and lied about it for months. That kinda shook her and she was trying to explain how she didn't mean to do it and it just happened (yea fucking right).

I told her to stop contacting me and let me get on with my life.

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quite.

admanb on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hi 5 Avicus! Now you know the power a pimp feels when one of his hoes "steps outta line".

Protip: Don't go looking for a new relationship. Do you first( love yourself, concentrate on yourself 1st.)..the rest will follow when you are'nt looking.

And get with some of your people and chug down some brews.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    One of my best friends said something to me when my last relationship went up in flames (in a startlingly similar fashion to the OP's), based on her own past relationship troubles, and I have always thought it was sound advice: "I decided that the best revenge against my ex was for me to live well."

Take care of yourself, let yourself be angry, but use this opportunity to pamper and spoil yourself. Don't be afraid to do things alone, but don't sequester yourself away from your friends either. Have fun. Take pictures of yourself having fun. Basically, date yourself for a while - you're hot, you're into you, you're a hoot to be around!

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    No, using your ex's passwords to log into their accounts to check on them and what they're doing is creepy.

if Dan Savage doesn't condemn it then neither do I

This is totally different. Dan Savage would never condone this sort of post-relationship snooping. Shit is over dude, man the fuck up. Stop scrotum-snooping around (using Dan's new phrase) and either call up your ex and rage at her, or be a man and move on.

Your choice.

Robman on
  • Options
    PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    No, using your ex's passwords to log into their accounts to check on them and what they're doing is creepy.

This is totally different. Dan Savage would never condone this sort of post-relationship snooping. Shit is over dude, man the fuck up. Stop scrotum-snooping around (using Dan's new phrase) and either call up your ex and rage at her, or be a man and move on.

Your choice

Seriously, logging into your ex's journal to check her posts is fucked up.

Fucked. Up.

Perpetual on
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Avicus wrote: »
    Update 2: Ha, she called me this morning wondering if she made the right decision to break it off. So I told her that no way in hell would I want to get back with someone who cheated on me and lied about it for months. That kinda shook her and she was trying to explain how she didn't mean to do it and it just happened (yea fucking right).

Not being sarcastic:

NICE.

Pick up a new hobby and get good at it. Drawing, guitar, panflute, etc.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    InternetHighFive.jpg

Lay that proverbial smackdown, OP.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Your choice.

And it's cases like this that set a bad precedent. If he hadn't checked, he'd have never found out what she was really like and might have gotten back together with her.

It may have been wrong but he should still be glad he did it.

Sliver on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Perpetual wrote: »

Your choice

Seriously, logging into your ex's journal to check her posts is fucked up.

Fucked. Up.

To be honest, if one of my ex's had a livejournal, I would be curious to see if she mentioned me less and less after a certain point, or she had interests in other guys, or if I had hurt her. She was a big part of his life for a long time, it's only human to be curious and it's quite natural to want to learn something from that text. OP wasn't in the right to use his ex's password to read that information (even if it was accidental), but considering how it happened it's not really that creepy.

You guys act so crazy about things sometimes, you can say "hey, that's wrong" without making someone feel like they're completely insane. Vinegar and honey, and all that.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Great, you gonna drive by her house later too to see if she's home? Maybe hack into her email and see who she's talking to? Let it go. She dumped you, she wanted to dump you awhile ago but didn't, probably because she wanted to avoid the stalker/creepo/clingy crap we're seeing now. But it's over and now you're being the weirdo by hacking into her livejournal to check in on her. That's creepy and you need to cut it out.

Did you not read about the whole 'cheating on him with about fifteen different guys and bragging about that shit on the internet' thing?

Yes, what Avicus did is wrong; I'm not defending that. But how about you place the blame directly where it should be and recognize that his now ex-gf is a pretty despicable human being instead of calling
    someone a stalker for checking someone's livejournal?

For god's sake you reacted like he was standing over her whilst she slept. Jesus Christ. It's the fucking internet

Cheating on someone multiple times and bragging about it on the internet is objectively worse, and you're a bad person for defending someone with that level of moral decay

Rent on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2010
    This is not a debate forum.

Tube on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

A+ man.

Good work and all that, lesser men would've crumbled under the opportunity.

Sipex on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Well done, broseph. It will take some time to put all of this behind you, but you can at least take solace in the fact that you stood up for yourself.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd just like to add that while I still don't condone snooping it seems to have had a positive effect here. Had you not snooped you might've actually taken her back.

Sipex on
  • Options
    Mojo the AvengerMojo the Avenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

And Abby, Margo & Prudence would find it bizarre. Apparently he thinks it's normal to snoop through even your current SO's emails, texts, etc no matter what and it's totally ok/expected to do so and that's just odd, obsessive and paranoid.

jesus you're pretentious. maybe you should follow vivixenne's lead.

Mojo the Avenger on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So it's over, you got the closure you needed, and her actions should make it easier in the long run.

In the future, though, what you did was wrong. Don't use the fact that she was unfaithful be validation for invading her privacy, because it's not. In the end, both of you proved that you are not really trustworthy, though her to a much larger degree. Next time take the high road. Future You is bound to thank you for it.

Javen on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If she didn't want him looking at her LJ, she shouldn't have given him the password.

Nice work on figuring out her lies, as well as telling her you won't be getting back together.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2010
    Well this thread is over. Y'all can go and be creepy sociopaths elsewhere.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.