Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Let's Play] Mass Effect 2 - Set 32 (7th Nov) Suicide Mission

245

Posts

  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    I'd be willing to do ME1 again for an LP but I own it on Xbox and I have no capture card. Unless someone wants to buy me the PC version!

    If you happen to live in England, I have a PC copy that I can't use. It was purchased in anticipation of a PC upgrade that didn't happen. If it'll provide me with an entertaining Mass Effect LP - and if I can figure out the arcane laws governing the posting of packages through Royal Mail - I'd be happy to donate it.

    MGRSig2.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck NONSTOP INFINITE CLIMAX POSTING you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Have you changed that ini setting yet eh

    obF2Wuw.png
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have played through ME2 a couple times already and I am enjoying the crap out of this due to the sheer amount of british.

  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »
    I'd be willing to do ME1 again for an LP but I own it on Xbox and I have no capture card. Unless someone wants to buy me the PC version!

    If you happen to live in England, I have a PC copy that I can't use. It was purchased in anticipation of a PC upgrade that didn't happen. If it'll provide me with an entertaining Mass Effect LP - and if I can figure out the arcane laws governing the posting of packages through Royal Mail - I'd be happy to donate it.

    Appreciate the offer, but nope, I am a filthy Americinian.

    I'm not really convinced I could make it entertaining anyway.

  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    New set uploaded.

    TIM has poured near-infinite resources into resurrecting Shepard. But he can't be bothered to spend 1000 fuelling us up?

    bethryn.png
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »
    I'd be willing to do ME1 again for an LP but I own it on Xbox and I have no capture card. Unless someone wants to buy me the PC version!

    If you happen to live in England, I have a PC copy that I can't use. It was purchased in anticipation of a PC upgrade that didn't happen. If it'll provide me with an entertaining Mass Effect LP - and if I can figure out the arcane laws governing the posting of packages through Royal Mail - I'd be happy to donate it.

    Appreciate the offer, but nope, I am a filthy Americinian.

    I'm not really convinced I could make it entertaining anyway.

    Ah, I feared as much. A pity that.

    Oh well, I suppose I'd better get out of this thread. As much as I'd like follow this LP, I've finally succumbed to temptation and have just purchased an Xbox. Not surprisingly, the Mass Effect games are at the top of my 'To Play' list and I don't want to get spoiled on what's coming.

    I promise I'll come back once I've played through them, though.

    MGRSig2.jpg
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fun set! Looking forward to the next one.

    Also going through the old Mirror's Edge LPs. Didn't seem like a good idea to resurrect that thread, so I'll just say it here; I really like them, and they make it so I don't ever have to play that game, which is ideal!


    3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    I have played through ME2 a couple times already and I am enjoying the crap out of this due to the sheer amount of british.

    What British?

    Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    YouTube has finally relinquished its vile control on my My Videos page, so here's Set 4!

    bethryn.png
  • XyyzXyyz Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Huh. I only just started watching from part one, and already this is proving to be an informative experience.

    I had no idea you got Liara in the introduction if you romanced her, I had assumed it was always whoever you saved on Virmire.

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didn't he say he didn't romance Liara and in fact hated her?

    steam_sig.png

    I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    thank god i wasn't the only one who thought of zapp brannigan throughout that mission

    waves after waves

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    That's Tali.

    Man, all blue people look alike.

    edit: So you're basically complaining about a snap-to cover system? Sometimes the opposite is not good either.

    steam_sig.png

    I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kind of ME2 ending spoilers
    Spoiler:


    3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    edit: So you're basically complaining about a snap-to cover system? Sometimes the opposite is not good either.
    What kind of problems are you thinking of?

    Take Modern Warfare's controls for example; I cannot think of anything wrong with them, and I believe they would function better than Mass Effect 2's in any given situation.

    bethryn.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer Tynarial I had it. I grasped the spark. I held it in my hands...Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Kind of ME2 ending spoilers
    Spoiler:

    We can only hope.
    Bethryn wrote: »
    That's Tali.

    Man, all blue people look alike.

    edit: So you're basically complaining about a snap-to cover system? Sometimes the opposite is not good either.

    Tali's purple. And isn't jailbait. But is bitchy. And slightly less attractive with webbed feet.

    I also kind of agree with his critique of the cover system. In some instances it can be easier to just run then click into cover, but frequently I find myself in a position where I want to strafe around cover crouched or at least while being more loosely connected to the cover without having to click, and finding myself slowed down and shot by whatever's coming at me, especially charging krogans or multiple YMIR mechs. They could have done a more fluid cover system more in line with modern FPS games.

    fLl2cwm.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Only two weeks late (hey, it could've been a lot later, don't test me), here's Set 5.

    Set 6 should be on its way soon.

    bethryn.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yay! :D Oooh, Kasumi mission, this should be fun


    3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yay combat!

    Oh god too much combat!

    Set 6.

    bethryn.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My favorite part about those volatile tanks on the wall is that I was playing an infiltrator my first time through. It said it'd need heavy weapons to damage it, so I pulled out the Widow...booooom.

    Second time through, different class, tried all my weapons to no avail (think I was using arc projector as heavy), and then noticed for the first time that there was a cannon on hand.

    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And we're back. Having defeated the attempts of my evil editing software to not start, I can now get back to fruitful xenocide and mercenaricide.

    And hating on the ability design. Yeah, there's a lot of that in this set!

    Set 7 - Died of a broken nose

    bethryn.png
  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I wanna watch this, really I do.......

    But I wanna watch a Mass Effect 1 LP first...

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    I wanna watch this, really I do.......

    But I wanna watch a Mass Effect 1 LP first...
    I... I just can't play it again. Aside from having playing it several times before, I just can't handle the way it plays compared to ME2.

    As much as some of the ability design in ME2 bores me, I like the system as a whole better than that in ME1.

    bethryn.png
  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    TKane wrote: »
    I wanna watch this, really I do.......

    But I wanna watch a Mass Effect 1 LP first...
    I... I just can't play it again. Aside from having playing it several times before, I just can't handle the way it plays compared to ME2.

    As much as some of the ability design in ME2 bores me, I like the system as a whole better than that in ME1.

    I'm not blaming you. Just wishing someone else had done a ME1 LP already. Adus said he'd do it, but Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore, and I don't know if I can gift a game through Direct2Drive.com.

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore

    Eh?

    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore

    Eh?

    OH, BLOODY. I did a search for Mass Effect and it said no results. I even did a search for "Mass" and it still came back with nothing. Well, thanks. Now I feel like a 'tard. 'Cuse me while I put on my helmet and drool catcher, least I drown in my own saliva.

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Helmets are good for everyone, it's a dangerous world. :D

    If you plan on gifting it, you might want to wait a bit. Steam is rolling right into another ridiculous salestravaganza, and it miiighht show up as a daily at some point. Probably not, because it was just on sale last week for $5, but you never know.

    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Helmets are good for everyone, it's a dangerous world. :D

    If you plan on gifting it, you might want to wait a bit. Steam is rolling right into another ridiculous salestravaganza, and it miiighht show up as a daily at some point. Probably not, because it was just on sale last week for $5, but you never know.

    Nah. I'm gonna wait a bit. I'm already watching his set and he's caught me up on what's happened in ME1.

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Goldhawk00Goldhawk00 Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Awesome, another Let's Play to squander my time watching, thank you.
    TKane wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    TKane wrote: »
    I wanna watch this, really I do.......

    But I wanna watch a Mass Effect 1 LP first...
    I... I just can't play it again. Aside from having playing it several times before, I just can't handle the way it plays compared to ME2.

    As much as some of the ability design in ME2 bores me, I like the system as a whole better than that in ME1.

    I'm not blaming you. Just wishing someone else had done a ME1 LP already. Adus said he'd do it, but Steam doesn't seem to have Mass Effect anymore, and I don't know if I can gift a game through Direct2Drive.com.

    Well, there's this from Twenty Sided. It is like a LP but with extra commentators. I haven't watched the whole thing, but what I saw was decent if a little rough a first.

  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whoops, I missed ME1 on sale or else I definitely would have picked it up for 5 dollars. Oh well. I honestly don't know how interesting I could make it anyway.

  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    nice set! an increase in cliff-punting by about 400% by my estimates. makes the shooting go by better when you can hit a dude with a biotic golf-club

    you need to get mordin next, we all know he's the best character in the game. even in gameplay terms he's awesome, he can get a 4 second cool-down on his cryo attack, which is brilliant

    and the whole biotics not working on shields is kind of necessary given how stupid-powerful they are. it's basically abuse of the physics system to stun the fuck out of people and occasionally, drop them to their deaths or throw them into walls

    i mean you yourself sent out like 3 throws on one guy, before he even got back up. if you could do that to any enemy in the game, regardless of shielding etc., it would be monstrously broken

    the mass effect 1 solution was to not let you cast that fast, and instead just let you use a power every 60 seconds, which was less exciting. the mass effect 2 solution is to not let you use it on mooks until you have worn them down a bit. admittedly it places more stress on slightly shittier engineering powers, but it makes combat 50 times faster and more fluid. to me, the most efficient use of biotics is not to wear them all down and throw/shoot them all when they are undefended, but to wear one guy down, pull him over the rest, and warp detonate him, blasting all the others

    still, how about a compromise as a solution? people with defenses take only half the damage to their health and get half as affected by biotic attacks like throw and pull.

  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck NONSTOP INFINITE CLIMAX POSTING you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just edit the ini so biotics affect people all ze time 8D

    obF2Wuw.png
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    surr, editing the ini is only for important business

    not for cradling you like a baby to the teat of easy-mode

  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    surr, editing the ini is only for important business

    not for cradling you like a baby to the teat of easy-mode

    God damn. That is CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY.

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Goldhawk00Goldhawk00 Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Oh good grief, more fuel for nightmares. Thank you.

  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck NONSTOP INFINITE CLIMAX POSTING you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    not for cradling you like a baby to the teat of easy-mode

    slurp

    obF2Wuw.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hm, missed this when it first updated! Fun set- and I'm with ya on the sniper team mates. Makes the game much easier, if that's what you're going for.

    I echo Nuzak... Mordin woud be a fun set to do, and you have a full set of alien team mates to subject to the contamination zone!


    3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • TKaneTKane Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Hm, missed this when it first updated! Fun set- and I'm with ya on the sniper team mates. Makes the game much easier, if that's what you're going for.

    I echo Nuzak... Mordin woud be a fun set to do, and you have a full set of alien team mates to subject to the contamination zone!

    So the plague is non-human only?

    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Hm, missed this when it first updated! Fun set- and I'm with ya on the sniper team mates. Makes the game much easier, if that's what you're going for.

    I echo Nuzak... Mordin woud be a fun set to do, and you have a full set of alien team mates to subject to the contamination zone!

    So the plague is non-human only?

    yeah, which is why everyone thinks humans caused it to kill batarians. which to be honest i would totally do, but somebody beat us too it, and mordin wouldn't come with unless we got rid of it.

Sign In or Register to comment.