As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 BYOC Info/FAQ - REG CLOSED

• Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    You just brought up something that We are doing now (started at East) So i should probably mention it here. Ill answer your question first:

If the person is buying a BYOC pass for you, he will either have to give you the $$ and you will have to buy it, or if he buys it he will have to get the BYOC pass from us @ reg on thursday or early on friday since its tied to his name. he can give it to you after that though.

Now for the Prime reg update:
    Just like at East BYOC, There are no more BYOC Pass transfers. Done to eliminate 3rd party scalping. You cant sell or give passes to someone elses' account. If you buy a pass and you find out you cant go anymore you can get a full refund for the pass from intel.
    If you want to give the pass to a friend you can either pick it up from the badge station from us yourself (need matching photo ID) then you can give it to your friend.
    My situation is kind of the opposite. Someone else bought my 3-day pass but I will be buying my BYOC pass. I just wanted to know if I needed any info from that purchase to buy my BYOC pass. I'm sure I'll know when they go live via twitter or friends, I just need to know if I will be able to buy the BYOC pass from intel without any info about my PAX 3-day pass.

Thanks again!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nope, BYOC pass reg is seperate from PAX reg, you wont have any issues.

No need to tie them together since BYOC is within PAX.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wonderful, thanks.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    Wifout TeefWifout Teef Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I heard that at PAX East they gave out free games like Bad Company 2? Is this true? And will PAX 2010 in seattle have this?

Wifout Teef on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wifout, yes as part of the swag bag NVIDIA hooked us with Bad Company 2, it was pretty awesome. I also got lucky enough to be sitting at my computer when one of the guys from Intel came by and gave me a Metro 2033 code for steam :) Not really sure if this is the norm or not (since PAX East was my first PAX) but I got an amazing impression that the Intel/ASUS/NVIDIA guys are really gunning to keep the PC gaming audience happy!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright so this is going to be my 5th PAX, but the first time that I do BYOC. Am I correct in believing that BYOC'ers receive a different schwag bag in addition to the schwag bag everyone gets when they walk in the door?

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Big Guy wrote: »
    Alright so this is going to be my 5th PAX, but the first time that I do BYOC. Am I correct in believing that BYOC'ers receive a different schwag bag in addition to the schwag bag everyone gets when they walk in the door?

That was most likely a PAX East only one time thing. Dont expect anything beyond the regular bag that everyone gets and maybe a few extra bits that PC sponsors want to put on your seat in addition to that.

BigRed on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I want a nvidia snuggie :(

parabola on
  • Options
    AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    parabola wrote: »
    I want a nvidia snuggie :(

Do they make them for dogs as well as humans?

AGlassOfMilk on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I fucking hope not.

parabola on
  • Options
    Wifout TeefWifout Teef Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Any news on the tournaments? Is it likely there will be a TF2 tournament? Or even a BC2 tournament?

Wifout Teef on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tournaments are unrelated to BYOC. Although that news will come closer to PAX.

BigRed on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tournaments are unrelated to BYOC. Although that news will come closer to PAX.

You know what else comes out when PAX comes closer... BYOC reg. :D, but you soon learn that "soon" in PAX-terms is about... half a year to a year, I would hate to see how long "long" is...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well soon is relative :P It looked like it was going to go up soon when this post went up but Life happened with a bunch of people.

We are pushing to get it done though.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BYOC REG GOES LIVE ON SUNDAY MORNING AT 10AM

NO JOKE

BigRed on
  • Options
    meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YAYYY I saw the tweet, I felt my heart a-flutter when I read the announcement :)
    BTW, I know you addressed the group issue earlier, but it was a little unclear. Should we all buy our BYOC passes through Intel, and then post to the forum who the group is? Or should I just PM you the names? There are about 15-17 of us, so we would really, ideally, like to be able to sit together ...

Thanks Red!

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I will have instructions on group seating up maybe tonight or tomorrow night, or whenever I can get a final layout of the room.

You basically all get your passes and just PM/Email me where you want to sit and the handles of everyone in your group.

BigRed on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You will do it on the forum here. Shortly after BYOC reg goes live ill update the OP with group seating info.

Can the group seating stuff be handled by one person from the group, even if people each buy their own BYOC passes?

Sorry to ask for more information even though you said you'll post it after registration goes live, just want to know if I should tell them to also hit the forums after they buy their BYOC stuff, or if I can handle it for them.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alphonsis wrote: »
    You will do it on the forum here. Shortly after BYOC reg goes live ill update the OP with group seating info.

Can the group seating stuff be handled by one person from the group, even if people each buy their own BYOC passes?

Sorry to ask for more information even though you said you'll post it after registration goes live, just want to know if I should tell them to also hit the forums after they buy their BYOC stuff, or if I can handle it for them.

lol, I should just wait more, and ask questions less. Thanks for the pre-emptive answer BR. ^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Correct, A group leader will set things up and PM/email me :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you dont want to check the forums for the link, you can follow PAX_BYOC on twitter. I will send it there as well.

BigRed on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Question... Do we need to bring our own power bars?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So excited!

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    Question... Do we need to bring our own power bars?

Power Restrictions

* Power Limit: 3.0A (3.6A for high power seating)
    * Socket Limit: Two (2) 110V sockets
    o If you have power adapters that take up additional space on a power strip, please bring a short extension cable so you do not block other people's sockets.
    o If you have additional chargers for portable electronics, please bring your own power strip.

tek on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Great, thanks for the reply...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    KenKopinKenKopin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FYI - Registration seems to now be open. I just successfully bought and paid for two BYOC tickets at the Intel site.

KenKopin on
  • Options
    KRIZZAPKRIZZAP Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    do I need to make two separate transactions if I'm buying for a friend? or does the x2 option give me two badges?

KRIZZAP on
  • Options
    KenKopinKenKopin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I used the x2 option. As someone mentioned earlier, I'll need to pick both badges up and give the other one to my friend, as they will both be in my name.

KenKopin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    KenKopin wrote: »
    I used the x2 option. As someone mentioned earlier, I'll need to pick both badges up and give the other one to my friend, as they will both be in my name.

Ok, i guess I'll just do that, I wasn't sure if that would even produce 2 badges like if it was just for if you wanted more space (for a big monitor or something).

KRIZZAP on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Reg'd and paid! I wonder why it went live so early...

KRIZZAP on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well it was up earlier because I was still working on it up until last night...

Whatever, im just throwing it up now, 30min early since im awake.

http://lanfest.intel.com/paxprime

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    KRIZZAP wrote: »
    Reg'd and paid! I wonder why it went live so early...

Lol!

It went live a lot earlier than that... try like a couple days ago...

The funny thing is, the population meter is still broken.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Known issue, doesn't prevent people from registering for the event so its low priority. Every page within the event page is fully functional as of late last night.

BigRed on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm registered for BYOC. Intel LANfest was a pain in the ass again, but I got it done. Woo hoo!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Im in.. now time for the shockiness of shipping cross country.

OMGHAX! That's a lot...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    InfiniteAngerInfiniteAnger Louisville, KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When can see a seating chart? I've got a couple of buddies and we'd like to sit together. We're all registering separately.

InfiniteAnger on
    Aaron Hartong
    XBL/Steam: InfiniteAnger
    Email: InfiniteAnger@live.com
    twitter.com/aarckh
    facebook.com/aaron.hartong
    about.me/aaronhartong
    aarckh.wordpress.com

ECA Louisville Metro Chapter - President
  • Options
    MaxNVMaxNV Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This year will be my 3rd PAX but my first BYOC so I'd just like to get clarification on something. On Thursday. when I show up at will call, what should I bring to make pick-up go as smoothly as possible?

TYIA.

MaxNV on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    When can see a seating chart? I've got a couple of buddies and we'd like to sit together. We're all registering separately.

There is no seating chart. Seating chart was a nightmare last year (first time it was done) and only 50% of the people followed the seating chart so it was pretty useless. As long as you and your friends are in line together you will be able to get seats together no problem.

If you can get a group of 8+ people we do large group reserved seating separate of registration, which will go Live as soon as I get a final layout of the room.
    MaxNV wrote: »
    This year will be my 3rd PAX but my first BYOC so I'd just like to get clarification on something. On Thursday. when I show up at will call, what should I bring to make pick-up go as smoothly as possible?

TYIA.

Closer to PAX you will be emailed a barcode by intel LANfest. Print that out and bring it to willcall (along with photo ID) to get your BYOC badge.

BigRed on
  • Options
    macbittmacbitt Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Can someone confirm if we did the x2 option we're good to get ourselves and a buddy into BYOC? Buddy also has 3 day pass and I know I (as the registerer) has to do the pick up on Thursday. Thanks.

macbitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    macbitt wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if we did the x2 option we're good to get ourselves and a buddy into BYOC? Buddy also has 3 day pass and I know I (as the registerer) has to do the pick up on Thursday. Thanks.

The x2 option is there for people to buy multiple seats. In-case someone wants to purchase one for his wife/gf or some such without making a new account.

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.