BYOC Reg is LIVE
RESERVED GROUP SEATING INFO:
If you have a large group of 8+ people and you all want to sit together then read on!
I will reserve seats for a few hours past opening for large groups coming to BYOC.
NOTE: THIS IS ALSO OPEN FOR SINGULAR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE A MEDICAL NEED
(Like if you have a medical badge and need an end seat for better wheelchair accessibility)
HERES WHAT I NEED FOR A GROUP SEAT:
Handles of everyone in the group
A group name
A single person in that group to PM me, a group leader if you will, (or post, or email me at email@example.com
) where you want to sit (row and seats numbers)
If you dont quite have 8 then don't worry, as long as you are in line together at BYOC opening, you will be able to get seats together no problem.
GROUP SEATING CHART:
(This is still a rough draft, things *might* change and I will alert the people effected if it does, also yes I know the pic is huge, sorry)
#PAFORUMS_PAX = A 22-33
#PAFORUMS_PAX = B 21-33
#PAFORUMS_PAX = C 22-33
"Paul's Butt Marathon" = A 1-9
"Paul's Butt Marathon" = B 1-8
"Rock Lobsters" = A 14-18
"Rock Lobsters" = B 14-18
Medical needs seat = A 19
"Big Stinky Pirates" = D 29 - 33
"Big Stinky Pirates" = E 30 - 33
SAGFCGA = C 1 - 5
SAGFCGA = D 1 - 5
PONY CONTEST INFO:
PAX Prime 2010 BYOC - My little Pwny
So we are making info flyers for this to hand out to you guys in the BYOC line on Friday morning.
The quoted section is basically the flyer text.
In this contest, 50 people are chosen out of a raffle and they are given one pony, and they must stay with you at all times or there will be consequences! Over the weekend of PAX, these ponies need to be decorated! Supplies will be provided. At the end of PAX, all of the ponies will be going through a peer and panel judging process until a winner is chosen!
Sunday morning there will be a peer review. All of BYOC will vote on every pony to narrow down the top 10. You don’t have to be there for the review, it is the only time you can be without your pony (although, you’ll get more votes if you pitch your pony to the crowd).
Sunday afternoon there will be a pony pitch-off! The top 10 people will pitch their ponies to a panel of judges (with possible special guests) why your pony is the prettiest pony in all the land. Score is based on 60% pony and 40% presentation.
- You must have your pony at all times!
- No stealing ponies!
- If you find someone else’s pony, you must make an honest effort in finding the owner. Otherwise, return it to the security desk, and there may be a prize.
- If you lose your pony and we recover it, you get a strike and we’ll make you get on the mic to all of BYOC to give a sob story and ask for your pony back.
- Three strikes and you get a penalty! This can be anything, such as score reduction during judging.
- You must decorate your pony! Supplies are provided. You can also bring some of your own if you like.
Since we are dealing with PAX being spread out this year... I will be announcing the raffle winners (who get to enter the contest) on PAX_BYOC twitter.
Starting around noon on Friday I will be drawing names to see who gets to have a pwny and be in the contest. Any numbers that aren't claimed after I say them over the mic will be broadcasted on twitter. You have 10min after that to reply back to PAX_BYOC. If you reply I will hold your pony for you for 30min.
Also When you get drawn to be in the pony contest I will be taking mugshots of you with your pony which will go on the BYOC intranet site. This is to serve as the Before picture and so all the other BYOC attendees know who to keep an eye out for to make sure they have their pony with them ;)
God damnit... just over a month past PAX East and I am already making another one of these things
Reg will go up "Soon" (hooray, earlier than last year, hopefully).
Heres some general info that I was told I can release so far:
- PC Room will have a capicity of 900+ Computers, BYOC itself will be roughly 550 (yes, FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY). Numbers might change but thats what the target is at this point.
- BYOC Will cost $30 on top of your PAX 3day pass
- BYOC reg will be done via Intel's LANFest site again.
- There wont be a seating chart this year, Seating is first come first serve. So if you want to sit next to your friends be sure to be in line together. With 550 open seats, this wont really be a problem
- There will be group seating for large groups of people (im thinking 8+)
- BYOC attendees will get to check into BYOC 2h before PAX opening, So you guys can get all situated and get your stuff setup. I will post info where that will be and other instructions later when more things are finalized. Although Just like last year, theres no guarantee the network or Internet will be up and ready before the PAX start time. You guys will also be required to remain in BYOC until PAX opening (no wandering about). This is basically just so you guys can get things setup before the craziness of PAX starts.
If you dont read the forums that much and want heads up on reg and such, follow PAX_BYOC on twitter. I will post to that when registration goes up.
This is also useful during PAX since we do contests and other general info on the twitter feed.
Also expect last years PONY CONTEST to return bigger and better this year