As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a game to play with my gf

cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
I've been looking recently for a computer game to play together with my gf over the internet. Shes not a big gamer, but she wants to play with me, so I told her I would find something that's not too twitchy or complicated that we could play. I also am not looking for an mmorpg, nor something overly violent. Anyone got any ideas?

cpugeek13 on

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    http://www.weewar.com/

Free, tactical, turn based, and not overly violent.

Sheep on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Every once in a while a thread like this comes up and I wonder where everyone is getting girlfriends there are willing to game with them. I can hardly convince mine to watch me play.

Anyway, web based games such as Ikariam should be a good time waster.

I also hate to admit it, but Gunbound is a great way to have fun, especially if the two of you have mutual friends.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My wife likes to play Age of Empires 3 with me on the network, and if you want to get her addicted to something so you can play your MMOs all day unhindered: Plants vs Zombies.

Videotape on
  • Options
    RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I almost got my GF to play civ 4 with me. Almost...

Rivulent on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Strip Poker!
    Sexy dice!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Inzigna wrote: »
    Every once in a while a thread like this comes up and I wonder where everyone is getting girlfriends there are willing to game with them. I can hardly convince mine to watch me play.

Anyway, web based games such as Ikariam should be a good time waster.

I also hate to admit it, but Gunbound is a great way to have fun, especially if the two of you have mutual friends.

:P

My wife's currently trudging through Metro 2033. She loves Left 4 Dead and we're going through New Super Mario Bros together.

Sheep on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got my wife addicted to video games playing Fable 2; she loved being able to customize what her character looked like and developing the character. I don't believe there's a version of that for the PC, but there are other RPGs you can play cooperatively. Neverwinter Nights or NWN2, for instance.

SammyF on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My wife and I met while playing Guild Wars. Its an 'mmo' ... sort of. No monthly fee, not at all twitchy, pretty art, and a fun game.
    Inzigna wrote: »

My wife is almost more of a gamer than me. Sit her in front of an rpg and she will consume it right down to the base code.

Wassermelone on