As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boats thread

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Both parties have regarded him, as the law of nations does a pirate, "hostem humani generis," and although "de mortuis nil nisi bonum," be a maxim of our profession, the memory of the deceased has not been spared. His depredations on farmers and on barn yards, have not been forgotten; and to put him to death wherever found, is allowed to be meritorious, and of public benefit. Hence it follows, that our decision should have in view the greatest possible encouragement to the destruction of an animal, so cunning and ruthless in his career. But who would keep a pack of hounds; or what gentleman, at the sound of the horn, and at peep of day, would mount his steed, and for hours together, "sub jove frigido," or a vertical sun, pursue the windings of this wily quadruped, if, just as night came on, and his stratagems and strength were nearly exhausted, a saucy intruder, who had not shared in the honours or labours of the chase, were permitted to come in at the death, and bear away in triumph the object of pursuit? - Pierreson v. Post

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    I love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang so much
    "My $2000 ceramic Vektor my mother got me as a special gift. You threw in the lake next to the car. What happens when they drag the lake? You think they'll find my pistol. Jesus. Look up "idiot" in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?"
    "A picture of me?"
    "No! The definition of the word idiot, which you fucking are!"

"Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call."
    "Bad."
    "Excuse me?"
    "Sleep bad. Otherwise it seems like the mechanism that allows you to sleep..."
    "What, fuckhead? Who taught you grammar? Badly is an adverb. Get out. Vanish."

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

NotASenator on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i'm sick of sucking the dick of this cruel, cruel city

Swill on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Jesus Christ was a community organizer. Pontius Pilate was a governor."

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
    -Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Also I heard this one the other day:

"I myself have never been able to find out what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
    -Rebecca West

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    "Material existence is entirely founded on a phantom realm of mind, whose nature and geography are unexplored" -Alan Moore

Also, the quote about phone calls being rude is amazingly sad. Way I figure it is if you don't want to talk to someone, don't give them your number. And even then, silence it if you aren't in the mood to talk. Going the route of text only just encourages more laziness and less genuine connection.

Urian on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    okay you can stop now

Projeck on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...
    than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

The sentiment is hardly novel but I do like that imagery, people who live in a gray twilight
    because I've seen it, and I've learned to appreciate my suffering rather than be a part of it

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There's an old Polish proverb that says a truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
    Thomas Banacek

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like your christ. But I do not like your christians, they are so unlike your christ

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    We secure our friends not by accepting favors but by doing them - Thucydides

Well I've not done that many of my friends

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    okay everybody talk about boats now
    rlw32s.jpg

Projeck on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You never see a positive drug story on the news. They always have the same LSD story. You've all seen it: "Today a young man on acid...thought he could fly...jumped out of a building...what a tragedy!" What a dick. He's an idiot. If he thought he could fly why didn't he take off from the ground first? Check it out? You don't see geese lined up to catch elevators to fly south; they fly from the fucking ground. He's an idiot. He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? Fucking celebrate. There's one less moron in the world.

Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition?, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once?

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
    Bill Hicks

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” Friedrich Nietzsch

Blake T on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Woah

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    that isn't boatposting

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've noticed a certain anti-intellectualism going around this country; since about 1980, oddly enough. … I was in Nashville, Tennessee, and after the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, but I was hungry. And I'm sitting there eating and reading a book. I don't know anybody, I'm alone, so I'm reading a book. The waitress comes over to me like, [gum smacking] "What'chu readin' for?" I had never been asked that. Not "What am I reading?", but "What am I reading for?" Goddangit, you stumped me. Hmm, why do I read? I suppose I read for a lot of reasons, one of the main ones being so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    BOATPOST

Projeck on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My dads boat went back in the water like a week ago.

Fun times ahead

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If I had a boat, I'd most likely crash it into something.

I've always had this dark desire to do this.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "People have two ears and only one mouth, I guess that means we should listen more and talk less!!" ... Hmm, two legs and only one head.. maybe you should think less, and fuck off"

Blake T on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    If I had a boat, I'd most likely crash it into something.

I've always had this dark desire to do this.
    ...as a step in an elaborate plan to get my hands on my friend's secret Jew gold.

Fixed that for ya.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while.

Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people.

"Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok... But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride.

And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride.

Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Christ, if you are God as your followers claim, punish them for their perfidy." -Murad II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "stop fucking slacking and wax my goddamned boat"

-my dad, 1 month ago

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    what the fuck guys none of those are boats

can we get a mod in here???

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more … but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and … I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't rape anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose – hmm – one fucking job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [on New Kids on the Block, Rick Astley, George Michael, et al] People say to me, "Oh, Bill, leave them alone. They're so good, and so clean-cut, and they're such a good image for the children." Fuck that! When did mediocrity and banality become a good image for your children? I want my children listening to people who fucking rocked! I don't care if they died in pools of their own vomit! I want someone who plays from his fucking heart! "Mommy, the man Bill told me to listen to has a blood bubble on his nose." SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HIM PLAY!

I kinda like bill hicks..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Now a tugga thread.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    it's like you are doing this just to hurt me

Projeck on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like your christ. But I do not like your christians, they are so unlike your christ

Gandhi?

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    goddammit

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've noticed a certain anti-intellectualism going around this country; since about 1980, oddly enough. … I was in Nashville, Tennessee, and after the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, but I was hungry. And I'm sitting there eating and reading a book. I don't know anybody, I'm alone, so I'm reading a book. The waitress comes over to me like, [gum smacking] "What'chu readin' for?" I had never been asked that. Not "What am I reading?", but "What am I reading for?" Goddangit, you stumped me. Hmm, why do I read? I suppose I read for a lot of reasons, one of the main ones being so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress.

Who was this from?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Fucking thermodynamics" - me, the internet, right now

L|ama on