As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G4 Original Cartoon:Code Monkeys(itt:Pixels?)

GSMGSM Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
G4 is green-lighting an animated series about "an oddball group of 1980s game designers." Also, it appears to be all pixel-art.
Skein will "literally look like a videogame," said de la Pena, who's utilizing a visual style similar to that seen in early-generation Super Nintendo games. G4 picked up a pilot for "Code Monkeys" last fall.

"They live in a surreal world where anything can happen," he said, adding that there will be visual allusions to a host of '80s videogames.

pena_monkeys.jpg

More info here:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957146.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Well this is odd. But it might be a step in the right direction for G4. It's original, and has something to do with games, and might not even suck. Anybody else ever heard of this de la Pena guy before? Oh, what, this article I'm posting about gives some history...
In addition to co-starring and creating Comedy Central's "Busey," de la Pena created the Adult Swim skein "Minoriteam," which debuted in Blighty last month. He's also been a writer on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," "Crank Yankers" and "The Man Show."
Yay or nay? :|

We'll get back there someday.
GSM on

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If it's good we'll have to wait a few episodes before G4 realizes it's making quality programming and pump in the suck.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm doubting it's possible to save this sinking ship considering it hit the ocean floor a good while back.

I'm holding off on judging the show until I actually see it though.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Exactly. I do not trust a network that can take something as sure-fire as Star Trek, and manage to ruin it with a Spock Market.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh shit, I remember that 'I'm with Busey' show. The de la Pena guy was kind of a gump, but he was pretty funny. The concept doesn't scream awesome, but it could be funny.

Houk the Namebringer on