As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't wait to see the doctor for anxiety

Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So lately my depression and anxiety has sky rocketed to the point where it is seriously affecting my work. I had a very understanding talk with all of my bosses and with their blessing I'm doing whatever is needed in order to get better. Lately though I've been having to cut my shifts short because being at work is so stressful to me that after I get my work done the thought of sitting around waiting drives me crazy.

At home things aren't much better. I'm extremely shaky and nervous. I've been through this all before but I never get used to it. I feel like I'm going mad and my body is going on strike. Extreme fatigue, difficulty doing really much of anything. I'm too tired to sleep.

For the first time ever I am seeking treatment for this, and my appointment with the doctor is scheduled for the 20th. However in spite of, or possibly because of this impending date my anxiety is peaked each new day. I'm excited to get treated and want to do it as soon as possible, but my perception of time is at a crawl. It's much worse at work; 2 hours seems like 8. At home time goes by fast enough, but without the ability to find joy in my hobbies I feel trapped. Outside is too scary a thought for me to just 'get out there and feel better'.

I can't shake this sun-sized ball of anxiety in my chest because I'm too sorrowful, and my appointment isn't for just a little over a week, and I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I don't know what that means, but that's how it feels. Like a clock is ticking. What do I do?

sci+fi+wasabi.png
Sci-Fi Wasabi on

• Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If it's getting really bad, go to urgent care STAT. I had this feeling when an s-storm hit me back a couple of years ago. I went to the ER then and they helped me with some meds to hold me over until I got my appointment. They even had someone sit with me and talk for a little while. It helped a lot and got me to my next appointment. Don't let this fester, see someone quickly.

toolbert on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whatever is making you unhappy, fix it.

After not being able to sleep for the past few days due to anxiety attacks, I finally realized that it was a mental issue. As soon as I made that realization, it was easier for me to overcome the anxiety because I knew what it was going to take to rectify the problem.

Suffice to say, I was finally able to sleep last night.

Slider on
  • Options
    KotenkKotenk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I made an appointment same day with a local walk-in+appointment medical center and left with 4 sample boxes of Lexapro.

So, urgent care, or, talk to a local clinic.

Kotenk on