Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4E] A Point of Light - Act IV: The New World

16567697071

Posts

  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    (How do I delete double-posts?)

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Dont think you can atm. Also, I should have just asked if we could use passive perception.

    Perception check!: 1d20+12 16

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Double post- how ironic

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Kardak's head swivels around. "I hear metal striking metal, somewhere out in the underbrush..."

    Perception: 1d20+12 20

    steam_sig.png
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Passive is fine :) .

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Una perks up her ears. "Theres a fight breaking out between Dragonborn and goblins."

    Perception: 1d20+13 26

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Are we fresh? All healed up and full of surges?

    "Maybe it is our new friends tribe that is in trouble. Come, friends! We must go to them!"

  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Yes, you managed to finish up the Skill Challenge without major incident, so you're fresh and good to go.

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Aurora sighed inwardly as they went off on another encounter that was not directly related to their end goal. But this group was what she had to work with, and helping the goblins could help them in their quest, so she decided to choose her battles and let this one go.

    Besides, she felt much better, and a bit of revenge on the Dragonborn for her humiliation during the duel with the captain sounded appealing just then. Grabbing her maul, she stood and looked to the goblin "Unless you object ..."
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Sounds like consensus to interfere...? If you want to get close without getting spotted, I'll take some Stealth checks please :) .

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    What is this stealth of which you speak?
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    More clanking... stealth = 4

    Steelhawk on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Oooooooookay, Kardak, unless Messat nails his roll looks like you're gonna be alone again going unspotted :) . I'll update the map and get a descriptive post up here hopefully within a day or so (weird times at work).

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    The burden of being a tiny, scaly ninja; it's my cross to bear.

    steam_sig.png
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So...remember when I rolled a high number, at a crucial time, and quite probably saved Aurora's life?

    This is my friend, Natty 1, bringing me back down to size.

    farangu.png

    Come join my Let's Play of Total War: Rome II! Boss around some Gauls!
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Alright, sorry this took so long:

    Your party moves into the woods, sneaking forward as quietly as possible towards the disturbance. The young Goblin joins you, though he makes sure his two companions stay behind in the safety of the cavern first.

    The ground is slick with leaves and morning dew, and the thick overgrown branches reach out and grab at your clothing and gear. You get closer and closer and the sound gets clearer and clearer; shouting, banging metal, raised angry voices screaming at eachother. You soon find yourselves hiding in shrubbery at the edge of a sharp dip in a hill overlooking a small clearing where the drama is unfolding below. You push yourselves ever so slightly forward, and with the gentlest of motions you clear away leaves to see what is happening.

    There are three groups below you, and none seem particularly pleased with one another. There is a patrol of Dragonborn, what looks like a Captain and a half dozen of the Guardsmen, looking dingy and tired but otherwise fine. Their spears are all pointed forward, levelled at the second group, a pack of Goblinoids wearing dyed green and brown camouflaged leather armor and wielding an assortment of clubs and nets and javelins and short swords. There's a pair of heavily-muscled Bugbears, a trio of Hobgoblins (two with hardened armor and swords, the third wearing what looks like shamanistic totems and robes), and a trio of Goblins with a collection of tools and knives and javelins. The Hobgoblin in robes is red-faced and screaming at the Captain of the Dragonborn, and all their men are waving around their arms as intimidatingly as possible. Throughout these exchanges, both sides from time to time casually gesture towards the third group: A half dozen escaped prisoners, apparently recaptured, bound hand and foot and lashed together to a nearby tree. With their thick accents and frantic gestures it's not exactly easy to follow their conversation, but as far as you can tell you're seeing the breakdown of a business transaction where the Dragonborn seem less than willing to pay for prisoners that they've already paid for once and the Goblinoids seem rather upset at the sudden increase in the number of Dragonborn patrols in their territory.

    You all begin to shrink back into the foliage to caucus on your discovery, but as you all shift your weight on the hill, the ground gives way beneath you in a quick and dirty mudslide. Messat, Aurora, and Vashtak all dive face-first unceremoniously down the hill and land a few paces away from the Shaman and Captain who have both stopped mid-sentence to glare in shock at these interlopers. Unamorra briefly loses her footing as well in the landslide and falls halfway down the slope, though she does retain her footing and is still standing as the warriors gape at you. Kardak, ever the ninja, remains completely undiscovered at the top of the hill along with your new friend, who has gone absolutely rigid with shock.

    No one is making a move right now. Both commanders are trying to divide their attention and readiness between you and the other group. The tension is thick, and waiting for something to happen...

    In the Extremely likely chance this will turn into a fight, I'll get a map up shortly. But hey, maybe they'll see reason :P .

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    With as much dignity as he can muster (which isn't a lot), Sir Vashtak climbs to his feet and extends his hand to Aurora to help her up as well. He keeps one eye on the dragonborn and goblinoids at all times. With a quick glance to make sure Messat is getting to his feet at well, the Paladin squares up against the others and gives them a formal salute.

    "Hail. What seems to be the trouble here? I could hear the commotion from leagues away. I'm sure this can be resolved without any bloodshed."

    Diplomacy = 12

  • susansusan Registered User regular
    No, a 12 will not do :) .

    Both leaders of their respective packs look at Vashtak with shock and confusion, but the Dragonborn Captain's eyes narrow with recognition, "You are the Traitors! You broke these Prisoners out! The Shaman demands your heads!" He growls, and his men move their spears towards you. At the same time, the head of the Goblin hunters turns back towards the Captain of the Dragonborn, shouting, "Our Land, our Prey! Back off!"

    Then, things begin to happen very quickly. Dragonborn and Bugbear engage, Goblins move to let loose their javelins at you and at the Dragonborn, and the Guardsmen attempt to encircle everyone and contain all the fighters at once. The situation is about to get very, very messy.

    Roll Initiative.

    Still working on map, will have up soon.

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Kardak hisses as Vashtak's negotiations fail. "If words cannot show them reason, perhaps blade and spell will," he mutters to the goblin as he draws his longsword and waits for the fighting to commence.

    Initiative: 1d20+5 19

    steam_sig.png
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    No, I didn't think so...

    "Well, I tried...Have at thee!!"

    Initative = 10

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Hopefully my combat rolls will work better than this :P

    Initiative: 1d20+5 9

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Once we get to a natural break in the story, it might be wise to start a new thread and link back to this one. Every time I try to go this thread, it grinds forever, and it often errors out. I'm assuming that it's all due to the new boards...

    steam_sig.png
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Work really, really sucks this week; hopefully I can get combat started in a day or two. In the meantime, here's a Map, let me know if you have any questions on positioning.

    Map:
    Spoiler:

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Is everyone still alive and kicking? :)

    steam_sig.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Reporting for duty!

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Many, many apologies for the extreme delay. Between a new position at work, a really messy roommate situation, and my girlfriend unexpectedly moving in over the weekend, it's been a rather interesting week and a half. The good news is that tomorrow, I'm heading out of town to a conference which actually will give me enough time for a proper update. And yes, this thread is getting pretty long and unstable, so I'll be starting up a new thread shortly as well. Thank you for your patience!

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    I'm choosing to think of last night's Forum crash as 'Ironic' and not some form of dark arts designed to frustrate me. Also, did we lose a couple pages of text here? I thought we were on like 60... *shrug* Anyway, new thread soon, let's get to punching!.

    INITIATIVE:
    UP - Kardak, Messat
    NEXT - Goblins
    ON DECK - Aurora, Vashtak, Unamorra(?)
    IN THE HOLE - Dragonborn

    Map:
    Spoiler:
    [/quote]

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Sorry, sorry, sorry. My computer died and had to be shipped back to dell right before I moved across the country. Then they lost my computer. Meanwhile, I have no internet in my new apartment and my poor iPhone times out on this thread now. Until I get my computer back and get internet, I'll be limited to using the library internet. Ahhhhh!

    Also, I go with Kardak and Messat: Initiative: 1d20+2 19 :D

  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    daniant wrote:
    Also, I go with Kardak and Messat: Initiative: 1d20+2 19 :D

    Sounds good :) . Also, no need to apologize with my terrible posting of late. Though it does appear that my girlfriend and I are surviving moving in together, so that's a plus ;) .

    EDIT: Wow, this forum is all kinds of unstable... Expect a new thread sooner rather than later, probably mid-fight.

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Excellent, Susan. Glad to hear you survived what can be a traumatic event! :)

    One question while we're waiting for the others to go- did Aurora and co not have time to stand while we talked with the groups to try and not get them to attack? We still seem to be prone, and I wanted to make sure that was correct.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Una moves right behind Aurora (F16) and streches out her hand. A tornado of silver petals envelops them both and tiny petals stick to their faces and arms.

    Astral Wind vs Fortitude at N16: 2#1d20+10 19 23 1d6+7 8 and if they end their turns adjacent to an ally, they take 5 more radiant damage.

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can say you had time to stand up :) .

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Sorry for the delay, I've been having lots of trouble trying to get on the forums as of late.

    Messat takes the time to stand and close, but can't quite get within brutalizing distance. So he turns to the goblinoids and bugbears. "I'll give some shiny gold to whoever can hit this dragonborn in front of me the hardest! I'll even let you go first!"

    Stand and double move to L17, minor to Diplomatize the nearest hobgoblins and bugbears with 25.

    farangu.png

    Come join my Let's Play of Total War: Rome II! Boss around some Gauls!
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Wow, the forum is actually not exploding/imploding long enough to bring up the thread. Amazing!

    Susan: do you want me to take my turn, or do you want to resolve Messat's "diplomacy"? Also, when I do take my turn, since I was the only Stealthed person, do I get CA on the first guy I attack, since they don't see me yet?

    steam_sig.png
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Wow, the forum is actually not exploding/imploding long enough to bring up the thread. Amazing!

    Susan: do you want me to take my turn, or do you want to resolve Messat's "diplomacy"? Also, when I do take my turn, since I was the only Stealthed person, do I get CA on the first guy I attack, since they don't see me yet?

    Huh, responsive Forum. Who knew? Though all my bookmarks seem broken again...

    Kardak, you can try and get a read on the Goblins with an Insight check as to their actions (Free Action), hold your action to see what they do, or go ahead and take a turn where yes you would get a +5 bonus for ranged stuff/CA if you charge in and stab.

    Insight 20:
    Spoiler:

    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
Sign In or Register to comment.