CITY STATE ZIP
XXX-XXX-XXXX (home), XXX-XXX-XXXX (cell)
• Four years of experience in development, with a focus on Python and PHP. Able and willing to learn new languages.
• Developed, released and maintained numerous open source programs.
• Significant experience under Linux and Windows. Network administration experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree from SMALL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, in Computer Science, May 2004.
• Associates of Arts degree from LOCAL Community College, CITY STATE, June 2002.
• Associate Manager at LOCAL STORE from October 2008 to present.
• Co-founder and manager of SMALL FURNITURE STORE from January 2007 to January 2008. Created and maintained the Windows-based network and the company website.
• Part-time associate at TAX & ACCOUNTING FIRM from July 2006 to present. Performed payroll services and network administration.
• Cashier at BIG BOX RETAILER from July to August 2003.
• Paid tutor in Mathematics and Computer Science at LOCAL Community College from December 2000 to June 2002.
Major Open Source Projects:
• Endgame: Singularity, a simulation game written in Python, with assistance of two other main developers. Currently in hiatus.
• The Monster's Tower; an arcade game designed for the Pyweek competition, written in Python over the course of one week, using OpenGL libraries. Currently complete, with no plans for further changes.
• Killer Steam-Powered Robots from Dimension X; an arcade game written for a different Pyweek competition. Currently complete, with no plans for further changes.
• Dragon Hunt; a role-playing game written in Python, requiring self-directed effort over the course of several months. Currently complete.
• ToME: No Limits; a modification of the Angband variant ToME to increase the level limit to 100. This involved working within an established code base to add large number support. Currently complete, with no plans for further changes.
All projects listed have further information and source available at my website www.emhsoft.com
• Porting of the NCI2APT utility from Mastercam 9 (C++) to Mastercam X (Visual C++) for LOCAL ENGINEERING FIRM.
• Assorted PHP utility scripts for FURNITURE STORE and TAX & ACCOUNTING FIRM.
• Installation and customization of the PHP OSCommerce module for FURNITURE STORE. (Site now defunct.)
• Installation and maintenance of Quickbooks Point of Sale for FURNITURE STORE and LOCAL RETAIL STORE.