As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me burn a DVD w/DVD Flick and Imgburn

cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to put some home movies on DVD for grandma, etc. Unfortunately(?), they're recorded in AVCHD, specifically .m2ts. I have read a couple other threads and gone down the road of using DVD Flick to author a (very simple) dvd, and tried using Imgburn to burn the dvd.

One thing I did was rename the files from .m2ts to .mp4 just to get DVD flick to recognize them - seemed to work, but is this a bad idea?

Anyway, the ending result seems to be a working dvd, I was able to play it in my Xbox 360, but the video stops every 2-3 seconds, freezes for 5-10 seconds, then plays another 2-3 seconds, etc. I'm not really sure where to begin troubleshooting this, i.e. I don't know if I should mess with data rates, get different media (I do think the disks I have are pretty cheap), or what. I'm also not sure what to do about de-interlacing, etc (though the 2-3 seconds of video look pretty good).

I'd also love to actually learn how some of this stuff works - I get the general idea, but any in depth explanation I see starts talking about transport streams and demuxing and codecs and I get lost. It seems like once DVD Flick is done with the video it should be simple - but it creates not only the VIDEO_TS folder that all the Imgburn guides want, but tons of other stuff, and at that point I'm not sure if I'm pointing Imgburn to the right folder to start the process.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
cncaudata on

• Options
    look-nohandslook-nohands Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i think you've gone about this the wrong way. what you should do is get some video conversion software, i used avc but imsure there's something better out there, try cnet.com or somewhere similar. convert them to mp4 and then burn them instead of just renameing them.

look-nohands on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, you should try and convert them first. Get some free software like Handbreak or Mediacoder and convert them to mp4s or avis or whatever, then make the dvd as you normally would.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream