As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid dog! (Courage the cowardly dog DVD)

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drugs can have a good hand in those things sometimes though.

Go Dexter's Family, Go! Dodododood

I'm not saying that they can't!

It just bugs me when people see something surreal and the gut response is "oh my GOD just how HIGH to you have to BE to DO something like that."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Apolloh wrote: »
    Courage was amazing when i was younger because i was surprised Cartoon Network would air something so blatantly creepy.

I think that is why so many children loved it. As much as parents do not want to believe it children like being scared.

I never really thought it was scary per se

just sorta unsettling

Well I was generally much younger than y'all. It was really creepy to me!

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It just bugs me when people see something surreal and the gut response is "oh my GOD just how HIGH to you have to BE to DO something like that."

It's an old reaction, it's in me from my short stint as a pothead.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Courage was amazing when i was younger because i was surprised Cartoon Network would air something so blatantly creepy.

I think that is why so many children loved it. As much as parents do not want to believe it children like being scared.

just sorta unsettling

I don't think you're much younger than I am!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

just sorta unsettling

it scared the crap out of me when I was little

I was particularly afraid of the space whale and some episode where a water demon kidnaps Eustace or something

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    invader zim had creepy moments, but yeah this show had the darkest humor by far for a kids show

Invader Zim is so fucking asinine.

most people focus too much on gir and his basic character boiling down to 'cute random sidekick'. but the episodes have really funny writing and voice acting, and i thought the animation was great.

this is a show where i try not to let the fans ruin it for me, as lame as they may be

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    invader zim had creepy moments, but yeah this show had the darkest humor by far for a kids show

most people focus too much on gir and his basic character boiling down to 'cute random sidekick'. but the episodes have really funny writing and voice acting, and i thought the animation was great.

this is a show where i try not to let the fans ruin it for me, as lame as they may be

The fans already ruined it for me.

I used to like it too.

Fucking room with a moose.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yeah it's funny

when I was 14 GIR was the best part of that show

now I usually find him obnoxious

he's not the only problem with the show though

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You've solved it! Why is Homestuck so crazy and convoluted? Andrew is so frigging high, this is why.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You're not perfect...

Flan flabby flan...

Return the box...

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I saw the episode with the violin girl two days ago. I knew what was going to happen and it still freaked me out.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    #5 on that list is really unsettling

I don't even remember the plot for that episode

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.jodygray.com/port.htm

composer of the series, Music for Animation has Zalost, the valkyries, the main theme, etc.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    #5 on that list is really unsettling

I don't even remember the plot for that episode

Random teacher lady shows up at the house and tries to teach Courage to be perfect and constantly berates him. At one point he has a whole bunch of dreams, number 1 and 5 two of those dreams.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure I really get number 5

like are the drawings of something that I'm failing to recognize or

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I dunno, the one on the list that gets me is the one where Courage has his tongue come off on the lollipop.

And then there isnt even a doctor there.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    the one that used to freak me out the most was the one with the guy who was super sad so he wanted everyone else to be super sad
    the music made it all the more terrifying

that one's my favourite

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the one that used to freak me out the most was the one with the guy who was super sad so he wanted everyone else to be super sad

that one's my favourite

Didn't that one have a sorta happy ending?

I liked it too.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For some reason the one with the banana people who thought they were going into a building for salvation, but were actually being eaten by a huge ass gorilla really creeped me out.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2010

that one's my favourite

Yeah but didn't that one have a sorta happy ending?
    Doctor Zalost eats the plums. He gets happy. Everyone else does too when courage adds it to the cannon balls I believe.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like how Courage always has to battle these terrifying horrors through silly children's games like thumb-wrestling or hangman

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

that one's my favourite

Doctor Zalost eats the plums. He gets happy. Everyone else does too when courage adds it to the cannon balls I believe.

Yeah. It was Muriel's secret recipe, wasn't it?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I thought it was prunes

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like how Courage always has to battle these terrifying horrors through silly children's games like thumb-wrestling or hangman

I like how courage can apparently shape shift.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    flapjack is also creepy

050.jpg

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Flapjack is hilarious when it's creepy though.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2010

that one's my favourite

Yeah. It was Muriel's secret recipe, wasn't it?

Yessss, the happy plums. I can remember that episode really well. That and the one with the musician and the angry house.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I remember the episode with the roach motel and the sitar.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Flapjack is hilarious when it's creepy though.

Have you seen the Candy Rot episode?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    King Ramses' curse music just kills me every time.

This show had some pretty weird stuff but it was all offset nicely with completely hysterical and silly stuff.

Return the slaaaaaab

What's your offer?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Where there were the crazy dreams? Those were creepy.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2010

just sorta unsettling

I don't think you're much younger than I am!

How old are you?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never really found the show creepy when I was young. I'm 19 now for reference.

Looking back at it, it definitely had some odd stuff. It was just too funny to be scary back then.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I assumed most of you were much older.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm 22. Used to watch this show after school.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Man, Cartoon Cartoon Fridays were just a good time

Brand new Dexter's Lab, Courage, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, and Ed, Edd, and Eddie all in the same night

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the fact this still gets played every weekday at 5PM makes me happy

Sweeney Tom on