As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good Work/Study Music?

ZekZek Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for music with minimal or no vocals to help focus during work. Nothing too loud or upbeat, something more jazz or elevator music-esque, maybe some soft electronica. Anybody have any good suggestions of artists/albums?

Zek on

• vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • krushkrush Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I use ambient stuff by Mystical Sun and Tom Aragon. Whenever I boot to Linux and need to focus, this is what I have playing. Drives my wife insane 'cause it's "sleepy" music, so I usually have it going in headphones.

krush on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i mean i listen to ratatat when i study

which is why its so high on my last.fm

but that's a tad upbeat ain't it...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    I'm looking for music with minimal or no vocals to help focus during work. Nothing too loud or upbeat, something more jazz or elevator music-esque, maybe some soft electronica. Anybody have any good suggestions of artists/albums?

If you want music that is guaranteed to get you into better, more focused state, I would suggest you try "Breakthrough for peak-performance" from Michael Maricle. It is based on Hemi-Sync brainwave technology, and for lot of people, it really helps them to concentrate on current task. For me, it didn't work that well, but it might be worth shot.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Limp Bizkit

No but really the band Explosions in the Sky is awesome for stuff like this.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I humbly suggest listening to lounge music. There is a CD called "Ambient Lounge" and I swear it's the best study music in the world. I'm sure you can google it.

di.fm has a lounge station you could also listen to.

urahonky on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Limp Bizkit

No but really the band Explosions in the Sky is awesome for stuff like this.

this right here

post rock is excellent study music. You'll want to look up Godspeed You! Black Emperor, God is an Astronaut, Mono, Mogwai, 65daysofstatic, Sigur Ros, This Will Destroy You, Crippled Black Phoenix and A Silver Mt Zion.

Tav on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010