As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
H? Fuck H. L is the new H.

Love: Four piece T9 with my new Warlock.
Lull: The summer doldrums are upon us!

(Nobody else was making the thread)

Wassermelone on

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    lawl

:-)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lol: In HCoS our fury warrior died to trash because he was overzealous. Anyway, I blew up his corpse. This made him upset. To make it worse, I turned his blown up corpse into a ghoul. Can this get better? Of course. Now that he's a ghoul the healer can't res him for some reason. The warrior and druid are freaking out. Meanwhile, me and my 2 guildies are laughing in guild chat.

I love being a DK.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey man I love it when DKs turned me into a ghoul.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe*

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited May 2010
    Loaf?

End on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Makershot wrote: »
    Loathe*

...Damnit.

Lawl.

Wassermelone on
    edited May 2010
    Love: I just got these babies for my new DK tank. Slapped in a +51 stam gem and +40 stam enchant. Looks like my tanking set is coming along nicely.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: Other people on this forum not being shy about having played on RP servers with the intent to RP.

Loathe: Other people on this forum who have misconceptions about RP'ers. Not all RPers are bad, just 97% of them!

Henroid on
    edited May 2010
    97% is a lot of percent. That's nearly all!

Beyond Normal on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Before someone else says "80% of statistics are made up on the spot" let me stop you here. It's old, it's expected.

97% is indeed a big number.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited May 2010
    Its more than Sturgeon's Law!

Wassermelone on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: The new L's.

Love2: PvP with rogue.

LuLs: Bear in HGear, kinspec, queues tank. Says "It's faster." Love it.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: New thread smell.

Love 2: Finally got in a VoA 10 on my DK in what seems like an eternity and I got a PvP neck. :)

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

So what spec are you rolling with on your Lock, and how do you like it? I'm curious because I have an 80 lock in not so hot gear. I haven't played him at all in months, and I'm thinking of trying to gear him up again. Last time I played him I enjoyed Destro, and I have always love Aff but I hate the ramp up since I mostly do 5 mans when I do play the Lock.

Did the Conflag change to make part of it a DoT make it way less fun? I used to love the 5 digit conflag crits I'd get. =/

Joshmvii on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: People who can get jokes.

Loathe: People who unexpectedly get all D&D on me.

Henroid on
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

So what spec are you rolling with on your Lock, and how do you like it? I'm curious because I have an 80 lock in not so hot gear. I haven't played him at all in months, and I'm thinking of trying to gear him up again. Last time I played him I enjoyed Destro, and I have always love Aff but I hate the ramp up since I mostly do 5 mans when I do play the Lock.

Did the Conflag change to make part of it a DoT make it way less fun? I used to love the 5 digit conflag crits I'd get. =/

I'm playing destro right now. I like affliction too, but considering I don't think Im going to raid with him, the low dps numbers for aff in heroics make me feel like Im bad at the game :)

I didn't ever play destro with the huge conflag crits, so I don't know. Seems pretty punchy, and also you aren't AS screwed over by movement.

Wassermelone on
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I'm playing destro right now. I like affliction too, but considering I don't think Im going to raid with him, the low dps numbers for aff in heroics make me feel like Im bad at the game :)

I didn't ever play destro with the huge conflag crits, so I don't know. Seems pretty punchy, and also you aren't AS screwed over by movement.

Thanks for the info. I actually had an Aff lock in a heroic PoS I was tanking earlier, and he was doing some pretty impressive damage. I think it was probably just him using mostly shadowbolt on the single targets and not throwing up all the DoTs that wouldn't get to tick anyway. Then again, in that same run I had a DK who used Death and Decay on every single pull, including the single targets only, and he was doing a TON of DPS. I didn't look at his gear, but he must've been crazy geared to be doing as much damage as he was while wasting runes in D&D on single mobs. Unless of course there's something I don't know about D&D that has changed recently.

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010
    You won't get a lot of damage with just spamming shadowbolt.

(IMO) Throwing dots on the offtanked mobs can be effective though, and you can tune the amount of dots you apply against the tank's ability to generate threat (making it a lot more controllable than seed).

End on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loved: The time someone likened picking a warlock spec to picking your favorite "Nazi Head Fatality" From the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Beezel wrote: »
    Loved: The time someone likened picking a warlock spec to picking your favorite "Nazi Head Fatality" From the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark

:^:

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

It's happened to me twice I wish it would happen more so I could know what to do?

Brainleech on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Easy, pick people and leap to them. Giggle uncontrollably. Bonus points for cowering.

Dehumanized on
    edited May 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

It's happened to me twice I wish it would happen more so I could know what to do?

There's only one thing to do as a ghoul, which is run at the guy that killed you and blow body parts in his face. That's what everyone I turn a ghoul into do.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a annoyance than a hate. I just went to the weekly raid of Sartharion on my warrior. I had more health and far better gear than the paladin who was the main tank

Brainleech on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Now someone make a warlock thread, I find the lack of one for over a week now disturbing.

I don't play mine enough anymore to qualify.

Oh yeah on topic.

Loathe - Strand of the Ancients. Seriously, anytime I get that fucking BG 1/4 of our team is afk on the boat, another 4 are attacking a gate no one else is, and 10 more are attacking players on the beach watching the vehicle drive by.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Before someone else says "80% of statistics are made up on the spot" let me stop you here. It's old, it's expected.

Old and expected does not make it any less true. :lol:

Mutilate on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe:

Trying to pick up the shadow copies on LK. Oh what's that, the taunt mechanic for your class is screwed up? GIBBED YOUR HEALER OLOL.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: Going from my Resto Druid to Shadow Priest. Instant queue to 30+ minutes! And no, healing on the priest is not an option.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Loathe: Going from my Resto Druid to Shadow Priest. Instant queue to 30+ minutes! And no, healing on the priest is not an option.

Have you tried Disc healing? It seemed very druid like to me, but I only got to level 40 on my priest so far so it might be way different later on.

Gnutson on
    edited May 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

Have you tried Disc healing? It seemed very druid like to me, but I only got to level 40 on my priest so far so it might be way different later on.

I have not. I have only "late level" healed on a Shaman and Druid. I just dont know if I want another healer.

Mutilate on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've had no problem picking up raging spirits on LK.

Granted, I'm not tanking the first two in either phase, and our rogues and hunters have been (is goaded the right word here?) into making sure to misdirect them onto the tank.

Nobody on
    edited May 2010

I have not. I have only "late level" healed on a Shaman and Druid. I just dont know if I want another healer.

Gotcha, thought it was more of a don't like instead of a don't want.

Gnutson on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Dark side is better.

And I refuse to heal on my priest, I have PvE shadow spec and a PvP shadow spec. Just waaay too much fun to give up.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited May 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

Dark side is better.

And I refuse to heal on my priest, I have PvE shadow spec and a PvP shadow spec. Just waaay too much fun to give up.

the queues though!! They are so, looong. I got spolied with a healer though.

Mutilate on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    I've had no problem picking up raging spirits on LK.

Granted, I'm not tanking the first two in either phase, and our rogues and hunters have been (is goaded the right word here?) into making sure to misdirect them onto the tank.

We have none anymore. My taunt missed yesterday. I'm even glyphed for it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited May 2010

Dark side is better.

I refuse not to heal on my Druid. pve resto and pvp resto :P So much for hybrid.

Gnutson on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Dark side is better.

Any DPS type is gonna have terrible Q's unless you have a friend/sucker tanky type. What lvl are you? I got a nice pool of XP doing some BG's on my shaman.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »
    You won't get a lot of damage with just spamming shadowbolt.

(IMO) Throwing dots on the offtanked mobs can be effective though, and you can tune the amount of dots you apply against the tank's ability to generate threat (making it a lot more controllable than seed).

It was more the single target mobs like the dudes leading up to Ick and Krick that I noticed the Aff lock doing pretty high damage on. The last time I played my lock as Aff in heroics I never had time to ramp up to any good damage, but I suppose the trash in the ICC5s has more HP so the DoTs have more time to tick.

I second the need for a new Lock thread. I am itching to play mine again. =)

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010

Dark side is better.

Any DPS type is gonna have terrible Q's unless you have a friend/sucker tanky type. What lvl are you? I got a nice pool of XP doing some BG's on my shaman.

71. I may try to do some BG's and LFD. Questing in North Rend is not so bad either so I can do that as well.

Mutilate on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Same with my DK, but going from tank to DPS. Pappa needs his Grinning Skull Boots, and the DPS will inevitable whine if the tank rolls on it.

Dunxco on
This discussion has been closed.