As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Acheron - OOC

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just remember. If it's not perfect, we'll all send each other PMs making fun of you.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also if realize I'm starting you guys off without a clear inciting incident. So to be clear, feel free to ask me "Can my character do _____?" anytime you feel like. Whether it is in pm or on the board , that is why I created the Q&A section on each of your boards.

So if you want to ask "Ok my guy is pretty bored , can he just go to sleep?" or "Can he go over and just try and take his gun?" or "Can he try and strike up a conversation with that intimidating guy?" or "Can he try and hook up with the hot cougar President?"

feel free to ask.

Egos on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seeing everyone's characters depicted by actors makes me feel a little bad at only having a drawing...

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hippie wrote: »
    Seeing everyone's characters depicted by actors makes me feel a little bad at only having a drawing...

haha , I had an actor image. I got the feeling you weren't a fan. I know I had problems with Roman , but he said he really doesn't care about appearance :I

I can try the actor picture and see what you think, btw will try and have your section up soon.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Egos wrote: »

haha , I had an actor image. I got the feeling you weren't a fan. I know I had problems with Roman , but he said he really doesn't care about appearance :I

I can try the actor picture and see what you think, btw will try and have your section up soon.

If it was one of the ones used in the title post in the IC thread, then I got no problem with it.

I just wasn't 100% on which one was my dude is all.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm totally reading the speech of the General in the voice of Lance Henriksen.

And it is good.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In the future IC posts may get edited because I notice a grammar error or some such. It will just be to make it read better as opposed to changing any content . In case people notice this in the future :)

Also , so I get feel for your character's personality since I want to see it, when you ask questions and such let me see how you do so . :mrgreen: Though if you want to mix it up from time to time, that's fine.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's around 1:30 - 2:00 PM at the moment. So you have some time to kill, TheMadjai. I figured most people were wondering what time it was.

I'll post an update over the weekend on the other boards in regards to privileges each of your character has. As well as a more detailed map of Acheron/Charon. By more detailed I mean at least basic. By privileges, I mean I.D. clearances, who you can order around , what areas you can go to, unknowns (there are some unknowns that won't be included for a reason), etc.

Information in the OP ,Private Information, and "A Few Core Facts" on the other General Board are really the only things that are canon at the moment. Obviously certain elements I mentioned before may reappear in some form or another, but those threads/posts should be the only ones where the "exact" information should be taken as "word of god".

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also expect a rather large posts either mechanically or thematically about your characters position. Some of you may get it sooner than others, depending on how urgent I think it is.

Another thing, because this is something I've been noticing mainly with myself and I could see it being a potential issue. Perhaps it isn't. BSG has a canon universe but at the same time it is a ridiculously sparse one. Meaning your character is given very little to work with compared to our world, Forgotten Realms, ShadowRun, or really any setting.

It really is a world that almost has all the world building start at the apocalypse with bits of religious artifacts thrown in. I'm gonna try an correct that a bit. But if your character has something interesting tidbit and you are worried about canon I would just screw it , really.

Probably sounds more extreme than I intend, but one shouldn't feel held back and I think this should be said as the game is getting started off. You shouldn't feel like you in the constant shadow of Adama.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sounds good.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also just thought I'd point this out, I added a Q&A to the main board in case people had more general questions :I

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'll have a reply up later this morning (stateside) for those who are gonna be up.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mid terms are rough, but I'm freeeeeeeee!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    k well the dice like you TheMadjai. Future reference, it's all d10.

http://4e.orokos.com/roll/32749
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/32750
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/32752

But you got an exceptional success so yay. Normally I'm not gonna tell you this stuff overtly :)

If people have some questions about the system feel free to ask . Like about what should be rolled,etc.

Certain times I should roll for you. If you guys want I'll create a topic on the other board to explain some of this.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anyways if some of you aren't gonna around till New Years that is understandable. I have to get some phalla prepping aside from rl stuff :I .

If one or more of you wants to do some more stuff though before I skip ahead to when Timms and company arrive (a few hours ahead). That's perfectly fine.

Anyway have a nice Holiday and New Years if I don't hear from any of you guys :mrgreen:

Egos on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heh.. if you're inviting Achilles to play a game of Triad pbp, he's SO in.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    Heh.. if you're inviting Achilles to play a game of Triad pbp, he's SO in.
    joker-card-1.jpg&t=1

:rotate:

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Alright I'll try and get things rolling soon. But I wanted to know if there were any concerns/questions?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have a question: When do I get to play Triad?

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The opportunity will present itself but it won't be forced on you. The question is do you actually want to play or just say your character is playing :)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I want to RP the game of Triad as my character.

/bouncebounce

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    I want to RP the game of Triad as my character.

/bouncebounce

:rotate:

On a sidenote..I'm curious if these Timms posts will be the most bizarre ones in the chronicle....probably not..

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah well.

Everyone who had weird dreams turned out OK in the show, right?

Right?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    gregg23.png"So, how's your day going, Mr. President?"
    feore.png"It's been going swell so far, Mr. Timms. Why just 15 minutes ago I had the greatest fuck of my life on that very desk right there with the Secretary of Education....

Like a Boss."
    feorecylon.png

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if people missed it because of the long Timms post, but I posted a response . If people are otherwise busy...that tis fine :)

I figured there was a chance people may have missed it though.

Capfalcon wrote: »
    Ah well.

Everyone who had weird dreams turned out OK in the show, right?

Right?

I anticipate most of the characters are gonna deal with some form of weirdness at some point or another.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wow, I was a lot busier than I thought I would be here. Every time I sat down to do something, I was called away.

Bah, anyway, i'm back properly now.

And I vote you do the full RP game of Triad. haha

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

And I vote you do the full RP game of Triad. haha

Don't worry that was intended to be one of the options, I just worded it poorly. It was meant to read more like this.
    The opportunity will present itself but it won't be forced on you. The question is do you actually want to play Triad as your character or just say your character is playing :)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I anticipate most of the characters are gonna deal with some form of weirdness at some point or another.

So everyone will be just fine!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Btw , since it could be very important for things coming up. Hippie is already aware. But Falcon may not be and perhaps TheMadjai (though his...attempts may be .....a little less important for obvious reasons), if you are attempting to use a Social Skill let me know in this thread. Often times I'll roll for you (since if you fail, often times the failure can be misleading..but if you know you failed - that sort of defeats the purpose).

As I said with White and Timms...this may be very important with what is coming up. With Arkanian...well it may help him win some extra moola. Or he could learn something, ya never know.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That Primer you recently sent out is the same as the very first one you gave us, yeah?

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah , a section of it, it was in case people lost it.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just want to make sure I have how the Triad game is gonna work down before I post and then we should be ready to go. Also we'll probably have another player joining us in late Jan.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ok so just make sure I have the rules down right for
    Triad
    Black is Highest
    Purple is Second Highest
    Green is Third
    Red is Last Place

Each card is marked in dots(1s) or dashes(5s). With Capstones being wildcards

Cards range from 2 dots to Pyramid. With Pyramid being greater than Prince (which seems to be 13). Princess seems to be 12.

Six cards are dealt to each player at the beginning of the game. Standard betting starts (player from the left of the dealer starts). After betting. Remaining players can discard up to four cards and ... gain four new ones.... then betting starts again

Best Cards
    Full Colors- Pyramid-Prince-Princess- 11-10-9
    Full Major- Capstone- 13, 12,11,10,9 (same deal , except 9 (capstone) as the pyramid card)
    Six up- P-P-P-P-C-C (or full pyramid :I )
    Colony- 13-12-11-10-9-8 (all the same color Prince down)
    Five Up- P-P-P-P-C-13 (Five cards of equal denomination :I )
    Four Up and Duo- P-P-P-P-13-13 (Four cards of equal + 2 of equal)
    Double Three up - P-P-P-13-13-13- (example 3 pyramids and 3 princes :I )
    Perfect Full- Six Unordered Cards of the same Color
    Four Up- P-P-P-P-13-10 (four pyramids)
    Six on a Run- P-13-12-11-10-9 (Six ordered cards, not of the same color)
    Perfect Five on a Run- P-13-12-11-10-7 (Fix ordered cards of the same color)
    Triple Duo- P-P-13-13-12-12 (Two Cards of equal with another set of two cards of equal denomination + another set :I )
    Double Perfect Three on a Run- P-13-12-10-9-8 (Three ordered cards in one color...and another set of three ordered cards in another color...) wtf...
    Five on a Run- (Five ordered colors not of the same color)
    Perfect four and a Duo- Four ordered Cards the same color and two cards of equal denomination
    Four on a Run and Duo- Four Ordered Cards not the same color and two cards of equal denomination
    Three Up and Perfect three on a run- Three Cards of Equal Denominations and Three ordered cards of the same color
    Three up and Three on the Run- Three Cards of Equal Denomination and Three Ordered cards not of the same color
    Three up and a Duo- Three Cards of Equal Denomination and 2 Cards of equal denomination. P-P-P-13-13-12
    Perfect Three on a run- Three ordered cards of the same color
    Three Up- Three Cards of Equal Denomination
    Three on a run- Three Ordered cards (not the same color)
    Double Duo- Two cards of equal denomination and another two of equal denomination (a bit curious why the above is higher...actually a few have me wondering that)
    Duo- Two Cards of Equal Denomination

ok...this is gonna be fun O_O

I'll try and post later tonight

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Seems... fascinating.

I'm going to have a lot of questions, probably. :) But I'm verrrrry essited.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah and there is more O_O
    It isn't surprising the cast made up the rules as they went along on the show

the real reason the Colonies needed to be destroyed....
    Triad
    Black is Highest
    Purple is Second Highest
    Green is Third
    Red is Last Place

Each card is marked in dots(1s) or dashes(5s). With Capstones being wildcards

Cards range from 2 dots to Pyramid. With Pyramid being greater than Prince (which seems to be 13). Princess seems to be 12.

Six cards are dealt to each player at the beginning of the game. Standard betting starts (player from the left of the dealer starts). After betting. Remaining players can discard up to four cards and ... gain four new ones.... then betting starts again

Best Cards
    Full Colors- Pyramid-Prince-Princess- 11-10-9
    Full Major- Capstone- 13, 12,11,10,9 (same deal , except 9 (capstone) as the pyramid card)
    Six up- P-P-P-P-C-C (or full pyramid :I )
    Colony- 13-12-11-10-9-8 (all the same color Prince down)
    Five Up- P-P-P-P-C-13 (Five cards of equal denomination :I )
    Four Up and Duo- P-P-P-P-13-13 (Four cards of equal + 2 of equal)
    Double Three up - P-P-P-13-13-13- (example 3 pyramids and 3 princes :I )
    Perfect Full- Six Unordered Cards of the same Color
    Four Up- P-P-P-P-13-10 (four pyramids)
    Six on a Run- P-13-12-11-10-9 (Six ordered cards, not of the same color)
    Perfect Five on a Run- P-13-12-11-10-7 (Fix ordered cards of the same color)
    Triple Duo- P-P-13-13-12-12 (Two Cards of equal with another set of two cards of equal denomination + another set :I )
    Double Perfect Three on a Run- P-13-12-10-9-8 (Three ordered cards in one color...and another set of three ordered cards in another color...) wtf...
    Five on a Run- (Five ordered colors not of the same color)
    Perfect four and a Duo- Four ordered Cards the same color and two cards of equal denomination
    Four on a Run and Duo- Four Ordered Cards not the same color and two cards of equal denomination
    Three Up and Perfect three on a run- Three Cards of Equal Denominations and Three ordered cards of the same color
    Three up and Three on the Run- Three Cards of Equal Denomination and Three Ordered cards not of the same color
    Three up and a Duo- Three Cards of Equal Denomination and 2 Cards of equal denomination. P-P-P-13-13-12
    Perfect Three on a run- Three ordered cards of the same color
    Three Up- Three Cards of Equal Denomination
    Three on a run- Three Ordered cards (not the same color)
    Double Duo- Two cards of equal denomination and another two of equal denomination (a bit curious why the above is higher...actually a few have me wondering that)
    Duo- Two Cards of Equal Denomination

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    so I'm thinking of simplifying this for sanity... if people have suggestions let me know.

Egos on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do it like the show....Have some ultra-simple basics, and let us make up the rules as we go.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I assume you want to jump right in, themadjai. I'll edit in the cards. Just pm or whatever . :I

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Doh.

I has a dream in a dream!

inception-top_288x288.jpg

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What are the stakes here? Like.. if I bet 5 cubits, is that... a lot?

edit: nm, you answered this two posts ago.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING: