As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Acheron - OOC

12345679»

• Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ya got my vote above.

Hippie on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm happy for something on Acheron or Galactica.

I'm a bit less interested in starting something from scratch, because I'd have to invest in the new setting and design a new character.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So in the meantime while we wait on some people to finalize. I was wondering if anyone wanted to test out the system a bit in live action and have their character wrap up a bit of some their individual subplot on Acheron. I'd be up for it on Irc at irc.slashnet.org #acheron. I have to get a dicebot ready to go. But it would be good prep.

If there is any interest pm or let me know in the thread.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I would, but alas, my timezone and work hours wouldn't let me. Sorry :(

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So I have most of the character details down, I will post a summary of the world as we now know it soon and then we can get started on HX.

edit: I'm carefully considering the scenario, since BSG (the show) revolves heavily around pilots. Of which none of you are.

alright posting basic info. So we can get HX and such done.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The New World
    reserved

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So I guess there are a few things I should establish, if you guys haven’t already gotten a feeling of this already after looking at the book. AW doesn’t have a preplanned storyline so to speak. This is going to be a bit unconventional, for an AW game in those regards. But I’m trying to make it only slightly so. By preplanned I don’t mean a story or narrative that has thought that goes into it, I mean a specific story that may have one or two slight deviations that the GM wants the players to specifically follow. In short what I’m saying, with this particular case, despite what I stated above- none of what happened in the show is necessarily going to happen. In all likelihood it won’t; at least not exactly.

I will take cues from you guys and if you guys say something I like, I may integrate that into the fiction. Now don’t confuse this with you being in charge of the story, which isn’t the case completely. There are collaborative elements to Apocalypse World and I will ask you quite a few questions. In which case you have almost full control. But when it comes to NPCs and events that is my domain. Though if I ask you about something in you past or something of that sort, you are free to come up with something or if it’s a minor thing that adds to the lore. For example in the show they have the Starbuck or someone find Caprican Imperial cigarettes, if you want to have something in your backstory or something or where you see someone smoking something like that. That is perfectly fine. It’s more problematic if I say introduce Boomer or Kara and all of a sudden you announce your characters are sex buddies. Yeah that wouldn’t work. If I ask you a question about your past and you introduce a new npc and it’s relevant only to the past and I’m free to do with that information as I please (I can put it my mindbank or use it basically), then that’s fine.

Now I should clarify , this doesn't mean you can't describe your surroundings in any way. You can.

Another thing I was asked about was improvement, and I suggest there is more than just the one person who asked me wondering about it. Here is how it works. You get an improvement after you mark experience 5 times. You mark experience either by getting to +4 HX or -4HX with someone, then it resets to +4 or -1 respectively. Or if you use a move that involves a HIGHLIGHTED stat. The person you have the highest HX with and the MC (me) determine which stats get highlighted. Once you mark experience 5 times you get an improvement.

edit: I should add if your character has some interesting insights or says something. And insights are a good thing. Biased perspectives are great and if you haven't been posting in such a way I encourage it. Post like we are reading from inside the guy's head. Or close to it. I may take something you say and run with it, because it's just really cool.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    so posting a few of the remaining characters.

Nolan "Pallas" Vasilis as played by jdarksun
    man,rugged face, weary eyes, athletic body
    Cool+2, Hard+1, Hot=0, Sharp+1, Faith-1
    Moves:
    • Combat veteran: you get +1cool (cool+3)
    • Disciplined engagement: when you inflict harm, you can choose to inflict any amount of harm you like, less than or up to your harm as established, including s-harm. Decide at the moment you inflict the harm; you need not tell anyone in advance how much harm you intend to inflict.
    • Leave no one behind: in battle, when you help someone who’s rolling, don’t roll+Hx. You help them as though you’d hit the roll with a 10+.

The Unit
    15 violent bastards with Colonial Regulation Firearms and Armor (2-harm gang small 1-armor) with:
    • well-armored- +1 armour
    • self sufficiency- +rich
    • his unit is in significant debt to someone powerful. Vulnerable:obligation

Gear: fatigues, military body armor (2-armor valuable), FiveSeveN(2-harm close loud ), G36K ( 3-harm close loud autofire )

Donald Timms as played by Capfalcon
    man, open face, sharp eyes, solid body
    Cool+2 Hard-1 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Faith=0
    Moves
    • Moonlighting:you get 2-juggling. Whenever there’s a stretch of downtime in play, or between sessions, choose a number of your gigs to work. Choose no more than your juggling. Roll+cool. On a 10+, you get profit from all the gigs you chose. On a 7–9, you get profit from at least 1; if you chose more, you get catastrophe from 1 and profit from the rest. On a miss, catastrophe all around. The gigs you aren’t working give you neither profit nor catastrophe.Whenever you get a new gig, you also get +1 juggling.
    • Reputation:when you meet someone important (your call),roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the MC will have them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take +1forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, but the MC will decide what they’ve heard.

Gigs
      • Honest Work(1-barter/impoverished)
      • Brokering Deals(1-barter/shut out)
      • Surveillance(1-barter/deceived)
      Obligation Gig
      • Seeking answers (you get a clue/ you chase a red herring)
      Crew & Contacts
      To be Filled
      Gear: formal attire, Vektor CP1(2-harm close loud)

Ambrose Nevett as played by Simon Wolf
    man, aristocratic face, bright eyes, quick hands, slim body
    Cool+1 Hard+1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Faith-2
    Moves
    • Breathtaking:you get +1hot (hot+3).
    • Hypnotic:when you have time and solitude with someone, they
      become fixated upon you. Roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9,
      hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
      • giving you something you want
      • acting as your eyes and ears
      • fighting to protect you
      • doing something you tell them to
      For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can't act against you. For PCs, instead, any time you like you can spend your hold,
      1 for 1:
      • they distract themselves with the thought of you. They're acting under fire.
      • they inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.

Gear: The Stallion (2-harm close reload loud), eyeglasses (worn valuable), designer suit (worn valuable) , formal suit

Andrew Arkanian as played by TheMadjai
    man, fine boned face, cool eyes, wiry body
    Cool+1 Hard=0 Hot=0 Sharp+2 Faith-1

Moves
    • A no shit driver: when behind the wheel…
      …if you do something under fire, add your car’s power to your
      roll.
      …if you try to seize something by force, add your car’s power to
      your roll.
      …if you go aggro, add your car’s power to your roll.
      …if you try to seduce or manipulate someone, add your car’s
      looks to your roll.
      …if you help or interfere with someone, add your car’s power to
      your roll.
      …if someone interferes with you, add your car’s weakness to
      their roll.
    • Perfect Instincts:when you’ve read a charged situation and you’re acting on the MC’s answers, take +2 instead of +1.

The Viper
    Power+2 looks+1 1-armor weakness+1
    Strengths: Tight, Aggressive
    Weaknesses:Compact
    it also gets
    • 1-armor additional
    • 2 forward-firing 30mm mass accelerator cannons
    • Lightning Javelin missile launcher

Gear: FiveSeveN(2-harm close loud), flight suit

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alright and I did a random sequence for HX ORDER . Here it is

1.capfalcon
    2.jdarksun
    3.romanqwerty
    4.hippie
    5.simonwolf
    6.themadjai - he may or may not be in. So he got the default last spot. If there is a delay or Confusion. He did get the top slot in the sequence.

It's pretty simple. Just follow what it says on your playbook and do "On your turn, do _______". On others turn you may ________.

If people have questions let me know.

edit:
    so far

Ambrose,with Andrew = +2
    Ambrose,with Donald +2
    Ambrose,with Hieronymous = +2
    Ambrose,with Nathan =+2
    Ambrose,with Nolan +2

Andrew, with Ambrose -1
    Andrew, with Donald = 0
    Andrew, with Hieronymous -2
    Andrew, with Nathan = 0
    Andrew, with Nolan = 0

Donald, with Ambrose +1
    Donald, with Andrew +2
    Donald, with Hieronymous =0
    Donald, with Nathan +2
    Doanld,with Nolan +2

Hieronymous, with Ambrose -1
    Hieronymous, with Andrew =0
    Hieronymous, with Donald -2
    Hieronymous, with Nathan +2
    Hieronymous, with Nolan =0

Nathan, with Ambrose +1
    Nathan, with Andrew +2
    Nathan, with Donald +1
    Nathan, with Hieronymous -1
    Nathan, with Nolan +2

Nolan, with Ambrose +1
    Nolan, with Andrew = +1
    Nolan, with Donald +1
    Nolan, with Hieronymous -2
    Nolan, with Nathan =0

ok keep track

Donald told Nolan to take Hx+2 because he faced down dedicated violence. He told Hieronymous to take HX-1 because he left him in a pinch. He told the rest to take +1.
    Nolan told Nathan HX+2 because he was the first to meet him , he told everyone else HX+1
    Hieronymous told Ambrose HX+1 because he found him interesting, he told everyone else HX-1.
    Nathan told everyone to take HX+1 because he's an open book.
    Ambrose told Nolan that he is his friend, so HX+2. He told the rest HX=0.
    Andrew told Nathan that he was a known before Acheron to take HX+2. He told Nolan that he saved his ass HX+2. He told the rest HX+1.

On other people's turns
    Donald depends on clear relationships so he wrote down HX+1 to whatever he was told.
    Nolan wrote down -1 to whatever he was told.
    Hieronymous wrote down -1 to whatever he was told except for +1 for Nathan.
    Nathan wrote had default 0 for all except +1 for Ambrose.
    Ambrose wrote down +1 to whatever he was told
    Andrew wrote down -1 to whatever he was told

Egos on
  • Options
    Alright, if anyone has anything to say during jdark's turn. Now is the time to speak up. Elsewise it's roman's turn.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Ambrose puzzles Ron. He's always wearing a suit and that's just plain weird. Who's he trying to impress anyway. HX+1.
    Ron doesn't really talk to people. Everyone else HX-1.

• Options
    Nathan is an open book, Everyone Hx+1

• Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    TheMadjai panicks, while Achilles remains calm.

Hey everyone. Been off the forums for a long while. This looks interesting, but I have *no* clue about the system. I'd need some time to go over it and remake my character. I also, currently, have no idea how this HX round works. So.. there's that.

"Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    Alright TheMadjai I sent you some stuff email wise(On Thursday)and there is stuff on the proboard that should help you out. And I resent the link the proboard if you lost it.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Nolan is Ambrose's friend - we should figure that out together, buddy! For now, though, I'm telling you Hx+2.

Everyone else, sorry, I guess Ambrose keeps himself just a little hidden up. Hx=0.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    so for highlighting stats we have quite a few people who can determine. Name:Followed by Person who Determines Stat that Gets Highlighted
    Ambrose:Donald, Nathan, and Nolan
    Andrew: Ambrose, Donald
    Donald: Ambrose
    Hieronymous:Ambrose
    Nathan: Hieronymous, Donald, and Ambrose
    Nolan: Nathan, Donald and Ambrose

Ambrose City....no, it's Nolan Town

Ambrose:Andrew,Donald,Hieronymous,Nathan,Nolan
    Andrew:Nathan, Nolan, Donald
    Donald= Andrew,Nathan, Nolan
    Hieronymous: Nathan
    Nathan: Andrew and Nolan
    Nolan: Ambrose,Andrew and Nolan

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nathan has the ability to understand people better based on certain perimeters. He chose Ambrose only, so he got HX +1 with him.

Hieronymous also had the ability to understand someone better based on certain perimeters. He chose Nathan , he got hx +1 with him.

Donald and Ambrose got HX+1 to whatever they were told.

Andrew, like Nolan, gets -1 to whatever he is told.
    jdarksun wrote:
    Did those get shuffled around behind the scenes? Seems like Nolan/Pallas/I should be: Ambrose, Andrew, Donald. They all have Hx+1 with him/me.
    In regards to specifics. For Ambrose he told everyone but you +0. You got +2 which became +1.
    Donald relies on clear relationships so he gets +1 to whatever he is told, Nathan doesn't feel Ambrose belongs in his ideal world so he got +1 HX with him.

As for Andrew, he told everyone +1. He told you +2 which became +1.
    For Donald again that became +2, and for Ambrose (since he is a skinner) it became +2 as well. (made a mistake there..didn't have Donald as as a decider for Andrew).

In Donalds case. You saved him and got +2, which became +1 again. He relationships cause him to tell everyone +1HX. So Ambrose got another +1hx.

And yeah, roman and hippie did not share this with the classroom 8-X But I did place it under the HX

Egos on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Well, the highlight choices when there's more than one decider are meant to be done as a group decision. If Egos wants to simplify it down as you've suggested, that's his call!

I also like that Ambrose has the highest (shared or otherwise) with every other character.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    TBH Simon having input on the choice for each character isn't a terrible thing. He is the most familiar with the system and I doubt he will be out to screw you. He knows your playbook and what moves you'll be using. So I think it might be best overall to leave things how they would normally play out , that is with group discussion/decision.

For Reference:
    Hieronymous West
    Nathaniel White
    Nolan "Pallas" Vasilis
    Donald Timms
    Ambrose Nevett
    Andrew Arkanian

The last four are in the same post, so I just listed them by order. I think I shall have an opening post up by Monday if you guys were wondering when we would actually get started again.

edit:direct linking to roman's post doesn't seem to work, it's just three posts above hippie's.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Egos wrote:

And yeah, roman and hippie did not share this with the classroom 8-X But I did place it under the HX

Sorry, thought it just said to take note of who did and did not fit in my odeal world at the time and to adjust Hx, not tell everyone. Sorry I misread...

"Got my eye on you Ambrose..." :P

Hippie on
  • Options
    That's okay, buddy, I've got an eye on you too

:winky:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, since I appear to have a voice in everything these days, let's see...

Let's say Sharp for everyone. I do like that stat. It's so much more interesting than violence, wouldn't you agree?

Of course, that isn't the final word for anyone Donald and Hieronymous, there's other inputs to come.

EDIT: Ignore me, Egos made a mistake of some kind, so it turns out that everyone else gets to pick Ambrose's highlight

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Unfortunately Ambrose City is no more. Say hello to Nolan Town.

Highlighted Stats:

Hieronymous: Faith and _____

Egos on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Do I need to do anything? I don't think so.

• Options
    doo doo doo
    Egos wrote:
    Ambrose:Andrew,Donald,Hieronymous,Nathan,Nolan

This is probably a good time to remind people they will be working together also.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Ambrose and Andrew should use... oh... hot. Yeah, let's go with hot.

• Options
    so if you guys are wondering, it took me awhile to decide whether or not to skip ahead or to stay on Acheron. I had a second set of eyes look at the game up till now and I got their input. After hearing them out I think I'm gonna have us stick with the station for the time being. Now if /when we end up moving I won't be a prick and screw you guys over in terms of certain things (I'll be rather lenient).