As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There are many Fantasies; but this, like the last, was Final [FFXI]

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    seabass wrote: »
    Big patch:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7267

Soooooo many changes. Too many to try to link.

Seems like a lot of good stuff. Unexpected stuff too. Removal of xp loss for dying 1-30 and a significant reduction for the rest of the levels. Grounds of Valor added to many interior type maps that functions much like fields of valor with some extras. Anyway, patch notes are a good read.

The exp loss reduction is a nice change of pace, and the whole you don't have to buy an expensive item every time you want to run dynamis would be a godsend if anyone still did dynamis.

Considering small groups can rampage through Dynamis now, I guess it's still a Godsend if you want to just eke out dynamis currency in small high level groups. You know, since Relics are still omgwtfawesome.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to sucker LSes into going in as 12 mans or something to do boss runs as well. I think it should be fun.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Big patch:

Seems like a lot of good stuff. Unexpected stuff too. Removal of xp loss for dying 1-30 and a significant reduction for the rest of the levels. Grounds of Valor added to many interior type maps that functions much like fields of valor with some extras. Anyway, patch notes are a good read.

The exp loss reduction is a nice change of pace, and the whole you don't have to buy an expensive item every time you want to run dynamis would be a godsend if anyone still did dynamis.

Considering small groups can rampage through Dynamis now, I guess it's still a Godsend if you want to just eke out dynamis currency in small high level groups. You know, since Relics are still omgwtfawesome.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to sucker LSes into going in as 12 mans or something to do boss runs as well. I think it should be fun.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my wins as well. That's basically all I've been doing since I hit level cap, going back and running content that I was never awesome enough to run back in the day. CoP, nation missions, etc.

That and leveling summoner. I'm at 54 now and I've sort of hit a wall. The exp curve sharpens up a lot at around 50, making leveling suck out loud. Hopefully that new exp ring I got will help.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Big patch:

I was

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my wins as well. That's basically all I've been doing since I hit level cap, going back and running content that I was never awesome enough to run back in the day. CoP, nation missions, etc.
    That and leveling summoner. I'm at 54 now and I've sort of hit a wall. The exp curve sharpens up a lot at around 50, making leveling suck out loud. Hopefully that new exp ring I got will help.

[Zoelef @ Asura reporting in]

I'm leveling Red Mage to 50 (48 now) and I found the exp rate to start drying up around 39-40, when I could no longer hit 4 FoV pages/hour playing doing the Crabs/Worm page in southeast Qufim Island. Thankfully most people are willing to do pick-up duos, but that's a long post for another day.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Im on Gilgamesh, I wish we were all on one server. I'd totally rock some exp chains on pup or bst just for merit points. If I get a healer, I can pretty much destroy worlds at any level.

Course, I'm a total sucker for solo classes. Except RDM, that looks like the most boring thing ever.

Dnc, blu, pup, BST, drg, smn. That's where its at.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I forgot to mention that this years Adventurers Appreciation Campaign has begun.

Apparently this year you can get the XP ring even if you still have one from last year without having to destroy it first. Also unless I'm mistaken they tripled the possible XP bonus, it used to be 3k a charge, and this years it is 9k a charge up to 10 charges. So that's 90k free xp. Wowzas. I might resub just to grab that bad boy even if I don't play for awhile still.

So that's cool.

Also, the usual enabling of all 11 kupowers upon them being found each week, for the duration of the event is in effect. Anyone who's experienced that knows how awesome it really is to have them all on.

It runs May 11-31.

EDIT: Linky: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6599/detail.html

I also thought I should mention that the Super Ultimate over 9000 version comes out on Monday (16th) for the PC, at $19.99, download only (though from where, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe only straight from SE?, we'll see) and includes every expansion pack and all 6 boosters, meaning everything that is out for the game. I'm sure it will have a free month for new players (XI codes never give existing accounts free time past the very initial one you get the first time you make your account)

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited May 2011
    So yeah, wow. I didnt even know they did server merges again. I never paid any real attention when I did login.

Back on Carbuncle. Which is amusing, since I left Carbie to go to gilgamesh. Yay circle of life, or something.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Today I will make an attempt to push my summoner from 68 into the 75+ range of 'able to use merits and get in exp alliances easily' town. We'll see how it goes.

Edit: 74, so not too bad. Had a string of absolutely awful parties.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to merit summoner when I get there?

Edit 2x: Ding 90, woo woo.

seabass on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Edition Abyssea Edition is now for sale at your local digital download store:
    Includes the original, award winning online role-playing game that brought the FINAL FANTASY series online!
    Free 30 day subscription to play FINAL FANTASY XI
    Includes 4 expansion packs: Rise of the Zilart®, Chains of Promathia®, Treasures of Aht Urhgan®, and Wings of the Goddess®
    Includes 3 add-on scenarios: A Crystalline Prophecy®, A Moogle Kupo d’Etat®, and A Shantotto Ascension®
    Includes 3 battle add-ons: Vision of Abyssea®, Scars of Abyssea®, and Heroes of Abyssea®
    Includes the in-game item, Destrier Beret, to help you start out your journey!

You can buy it damn near anywhere, but again, digital download only, and Windows only. But, since the extras past the xpacks are download only booster packs anyway, if you have it on your account you should be able to use them on the 360 and PS2 also if you happen to use those platforms.

Anyway, here's some quick links in case you want to check it out:
    Direct2Drive
    Steam
    Amazon
    Gamestop/EBGames

I'm sure there's others but that's all I saw for the time being. Ironically it's not even up on SE's store (yet anyway).

This on top of the current adventurers appreciation campaign for that sexy sexy xp ring might be a good incentive for people to check the game out, or to come back again.

If you are a new player, it comes with 30 free days of play time. If you're an existing player you can use the key to upgrade your account but you will not get any free play time.

EDIT: for those wondering about the Destrier Beret, you can find the info on it HERE. It actually looks pretty nice for low level jobs or new players:
    Destrier Beret RareExclusive
    [Head] All Races
    DEF: 7 Enchantment: Costume

Latent effect (Lv. 30 and below):
    Adds "Regen" and "Refresh" effects
    Auto-Reraise
    Increases skill gain rate
    Increases movement speed

So under level 30 you get some really nice latent benefits, free regen, refresh, auto-reraise, increase skill gain and movement speed. How much for those latter effects, I dunno.

The costume is a chocobo.

EDIT EDIT: today is also the 9th anniversary for FFXI. So that's cool.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm probably going to have to get that.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I need someone bored to fill me in - I played this back when it launched for NA. (PC)
    The level cap was 75, and hard as all get out to achieve. The game pretty much punished anyone trying to solo - you either couldn't do it or the downtime was incredible. (slight exception was the RDM)
    It also took forever to find a group with the dps jobs, and the vast majority of those jobs were simply DPS. Does everyone simply sub /nin if no 'real' tanks are around? Are any jobs besides BST and DNC shunned as a main job? Do the races still greatly affect how effective your job is? (ie. taru mage, Galka tank, etc etc)

Is the game still hard? I see no penalty for dying under 30, but that's nothing really. Any penalty to avoid death is a good thing imo. Do you need a good group to get decent items, a raid force, or what? Back when I played the AF armor was where it was at, and it was super hard to get without help.

I always try to catch up on this game, and it's just too overwhelming - I don't understand all the little things that SE has added really do. What do you end up doing once you're at the level cap?

Is there an active linkshell on Carbuncle? I'd just start over from scratch as I don't see the point going back to my RDM because I've forgotten pretty much everything.

Is crafting still ridiculously hard? Ie. grow the ore you need from your garden and then try to synth the item on Windsday of the waxing crescent.

Thanks & sorry if this was covered in the previous pages. I did read the OP.

Fryhole on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm probably going to have to get that.

I bought it on steam and am updating now. 6 hours estimated to go :rotate:

And to the above questions...Just read some of the posts of active players in the past couple pages.

Some of the stuff like Synergy and Magian trials are way over my head. I have no real knowledge of end game, so I can't help you there unfortunately. Most of what I know is more to do with game mechanics and lower level stuff.

I highly doubt there's an active PA linkshell on Carbuncle anymore. Even when I played last (according to POL, my last login before today was June 30, 2010) there were very few people in the LS and even they weren't really forum goers. A couple were, yes, but others no. The couple really active people were also in other LS's (nothing wrong with that), so you could go periods of time not seeing anyone in the LS, or seeing people in passing from the LS in town, in other LS's.

As far as difficulty goes; All I've heard lately, since Abyssea and the cap increase is that its way too easy to reach the cap these days. I suppose this is a legitimate complaint for some people but I'd be lying if I said it didn't excite me to dick around for awhile. A long time ago I swore I'd get at least one job to the level cap before the game shut down (which won't be for awhile IMO), and maybe I can actually fulfill that now.

I will say all of the changes over the past years to the xp gains from mobs (altering and extending the levels of mobs that give xp, and how much they give solo), to FoV and now GoV adding in easy bonus xp that you can get while soloing or in parties, have made the game exponentially more accessable; but that doesn't mean it's now WoW. It's still a brutal game in comparison to the "friendlier" games these days, but if you know the ropes it's all the more inviting.

Anyway, I should be online either tonight if this actually updates in a reasonable time, or tomorrow. I only paid for the rest of the month and how much I play will determine if I stick around atm. I really subbed just because I bought the ultimate edition and I really wanted that xp ring.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Alright, that hat seals it. I'm gonna pick that pack up, but a small question. If I buy it through Steam, do I have to reinstall the entire client? There's no way to add it onto my existing client? Twenty bucks, given I don't have the three add-ons and want that hat, doesn't sound too bad really.

So basically could I just buy it through Steam and go, with no real problems or needing to set everything back up through POL for the billiionth time?

Digito on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Digito wrote: »
    Alright, that hat seals it. I'm gonna pick that pack up, but a small question. If I buy it through Steam, do I have to reinstall the entire client? There's no way to add it onto my existing client? Twenty bucks, given I don't have the three add-ons and want that hat, doesn't sound too bad really.

So basically could I just buy it through Steam and go, with no real problems or needing to set everything back up through POL for the billiionth time?

Installing via steam is a different install than if you already have it on your system.

It is my understanding that the boosters all exist in the "full" install already, you just need them activated in your account to access them. They're not like xpacks that are full installs themselves.

Sooo...if you already have the game and all the xpacks installed on your system you can just use the key from steam and add it to POL in your normal install.

If you're missing any xpacks, just registering them in your account will not add their files to the game install and if thats the case you're probably gonna have to just do a full install via steam.

It's actually pretty painless to do it via steam I found. It took damn near as long to uninstall FFXI as it ddid for steam to download the entirety of the game on its own.

Granted, I'm still having to do the usual "havent played in a year" update via POL which is really the time killer; but Im glad I just did the install from steam. Having it there will make life easier down the road anyway. No need to worry about discs.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    You can just plug the code it gives you into your POL account and get whatever, on your normal install.

FFXI is a hell of a lot easier. On the other hand, some people still level oldschool and still play oldschool. Me included.

I do wonder who is still on Carbuncle. Now that I'm there again, I wouldn't mind duoing up with people to do missions, quests, grind, whatever. I have a pretty wide range of jobs at all kinds of levels. So yeah.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm on carbuncle but my updated dorked up last night and just finished up this morning.

I don't really have much time to play today though.

I'm kind of disappointed that you can only give the Destrier Beret to one character on your account. It's not a big deal, I suppose, but the movement speed would be nice on my mule(s).

I'm also sad that, as far as I can tell, no one picked up the map .dat editing after branson gave it up a few years ago for all the new stuff. Also the links for his files are not working anymore either. The most recent was 1.4 and apparently the most recent I have on my backup is 1.3.5. There's map mods out there but require external programs like ffassist or windower, which I don't really have any desire to use. Oh wells. you can run it in a window natively now anyway and I can just have atlas open if needed.

Time to see if I can remember how I like my joypad to be set up.

EDIT: Hmmm...this FFXI Vision thing might be what I'm looking for.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm finally getting around to leveling Dancer up to subjob levels, and holy crap, this is a lot of fun

I'm soloing T mobs like it's nothing

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hmm....Something in either FFXIVision or in the ancient FFXIStyle (likely this one) .dat replacements dorked up my mog house to where the options past Delivery box don't do what they say. They're all shifted down, Delivery box is greyed out and Change Jobs takes me to the Delivery Box and so on.

I was a dipshit and didn't backup those dats. I'm running the check files through POL but I'm not sure if it'll fix and replace those files.

Is this a known issue? If it doesn't replace them, any chance I could get someone with a current install to upload ROM\119\51.dat and 57.dat?

I dont think it was the map files, that wouldn't make sense. I suspect a new option was added to the mog house menu that I wasn't aware of and the style dats just aren't set up to account for it.

EDIT: Looks like POL is gonna repair them. Thats cool but man I hate the default font in the game. Anyone know one that is up to date and doesn't require windower?

EDIT EDIT: Apparently there is a default new font? I guess I'll have to check it out.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Weeeeeeeee.

I think I finally got my bearings.

It's always disorienting coming back after not playing so long, trying to remember what I was doing and what the hell is going on with my inventory and stuff.

It's all good now, I think. Just like riding a bike. A bit wobbly at first but it all comes back.

I figured out what the thing that was messed up in my UI was. The UI replacement I was using was before the Mog Sack (which even I didn't know about) so things were just wonky. I think the new default font is good enough for my liking anyway.

The Mog Sack is pretty nice too. Another entire bag that matches your base bag size. So my bag, satchel and sack are all 70 slots each. Plus 80 in my bank, 60 in my lock and whatever from storage (not much, just some cabinets and pots for gardening), I have about 350 inventory spaces right now.

Damn near don't even need a mule anymore.

EDIT: Can any current and/or recent players point me in the direction of a guide, or just give me some pointers, about what I should be aiming for as far as maybe getting into the abyssea stuff? The latest job I was working on was PLD, which I only have at 37. Judging from my bank I was fixing to start working on NIN. I have WAR at 50, SAM at 30 and MNK and BLM at 20-something. And then a spattering of random levels on other jobs.

I have no shame and would be happy to level the shit out of any of my jobs being a coffer whore or whatever it is lowbies do in Abyssea. I'll just solo FOV's in the meantime but I just don't know where to go or who to talk to for the "new" stuff.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ok so I grabbed the Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition through Steam, but err, how do I actually find the key itself? Or do I have to actually install XI through Steam before it'll give me the key?

EDIT: Disregard! I got it.

EDIT 2: Come to think of it, is the code reusable or can you only get the cap on one character, and only once? I'm a little worried if I ever lost the cap, I'd never be able to get it again...

Digito on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    one character, and once.

The code isn't reusable, you have to choose a character to assign it to (i.e. you also have to have active content ID's, as you do it through POL), and you get it from the festive moogle in cities.

I dont know if you can get it again if you lose it, but I dont know why you'd ever lose it. I suspect not, but I can't say for sure.

Just don't lose it. Make sure that you are happy with the character you create and will keep them for good before you apply the code. If you think you might change your mind to change your name, race, or sex; hold off on applying the code.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Abyssea? Anything, really. I mean, easy DPS would be the best way to go. But in all honesty if you make a friend or two, most people arent against letting you come into Abyssea at level 35 or so just to mooch XP.

If you want to level normally then tanks and healers and all that jazz are still tops as it were. PLD is still an awesome job.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    good lord.

The xp for soloing mobs is crazy now.

Its pretty much straight up double of what it was last time I played. Add in the Novenial Ring and dc's in Valk are giving me 400+ xp a pop.

Nuts.

This is pretty awesome.

EDIT haha, and in the lower level zones anyway there are Pixie mobs all over who will just heal your ass if you're hurt and get near.

Nice.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, apparently only at night or something.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Ascii is still in Selbina <3

I think that dude has been there all 9 years.

EDIT: Well, he's got on the Novenial gear, so he has to leave sometimes I suppose.

Still, I've always wondered how successful he can be. All the stuff he sells is way overpriced, like typically almost twice the usual AH rate.

I can't imagine needing a new spell or food so badly that you can't either plan ahead or just make a trip back and get it for far cheaper, later.

But whatever; 9 years and still there. It has to be successful otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, the size of his inventory, he's either done all the gobbiebag quests or damn near, so the time has been taken to do all that rep, and all that gil spent for all those quest items. It would probably cost 1m+ gil with current prices to do all of the gobbiebag quests.

Crazy.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I can't imagine needing a new spell or food so badly that you can't either plan ahead or just make a trip back and get it for far cheaper, later.

I've known folks who would buy spells on the AH at huge markups because they couldn't be bothered to run to Selbina. I used to make my spending money doing that before I learned about growing wildgrass.

seabass on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty guilty of dropping all kinds of gil on items just to not have to walk to get them.

Course then I started leveling bst and became generally self-sufficient.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hmmm...ok I could use some tips.

I'm all set to go into Abyssea, I've done the opening quest and have several Traversers stones so I can stay for awhile if I get in. But then I realized I don't really know what I should do to get into an Abyssea party.

I've noticed the place to hang out seems to be Port Jeuno now, and I've seen the occasional spamming for people to do NM's in Abyssea and the rarer straight "LFM - Abyssea" but the ones of those I have seen are asking for 75+ only. Seeing as I'm only 44 on PLD currently, that seems to be out.

So is there something I should do specifically to find a group? I understand that at lower levels I'd just be a chest opener or something like that, which whatever. XP is XP. And I just kind of wanna see the stuff. Do I need to put something specific in my LFP comment? I don't see any auto-translate for Abyssea. Also how much time should I expect to have set aside if I did get into one? Are they something people just come and go in? If I have to bail after an hour or two is it going to be a big deal?

Should I just forget Abyssea for now since I don't really know anyone anymore in-game? Is it something you kind of have to have an "in" for? I've been just soloing because I typically don't know how long I'll be on when I do long in so I haven't bothered trying to find a party, and with the Novenial ring plus the boost in overall XP it has been pretty nice either way. Though I'm sure a good party would destroy the xp I can get right now, assuming the xp buff applies to parties at all.

On top of that I'm going to soon run into the issue that I've only done the limit break to 55. It looks like the next two breaks aren't really soloable. Bri helped me with the first one but I don't believe he's playing anymore; and as I said I don't know anyone else anymore on Carbuncle so I'm kind of at a loss there. So, should I try to find a party for that? Is that something people even do anymore? Is it something I'd need to pay someone to help me with and if so, how much? It looks like all the limit breaks after the 65 one can be done alone, since the 75+ ones are just merit points and seals.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Hng, as for Limit Breaks, if we can find a point where we're both playing I'd gladly help with those. I work overnight 10-6 EST though so its usually a bit tricky or me to meet up with people. Still, limits should be fairly painless.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    What is your name in game?

I'll just add you to my friends list and if we catch eachother cool. I typically play at random hours since I'm a stay at home dad. It's more dependent on my daughter and when my wife goes to sleep than anything.

I've got some levels to go before I need it anyway. I could always switch back to WAR and get to 51 to get the 55 break but meh. 44 PLD is close enough. A good party and a couple hours will put be over 50 easy.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Teivin is my in game name. The level 55 break is probably the last one you need help with, the rest are prtty much solo-able. I suppose having someone run interference for the crests is nice, but not necessary.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It looks like the Oztroja part of the 60 break is pretty tough to solo; the rest looks easy though. But yeah, 65 and 70 are soloable, 70 obviously being required to solo.

EDIT: Actually getting a testimony for Maat might require help.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    VampireCactusVampireCactus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My friends and I decided to give this a shot with the new Abyssea edition. We're looking for a more immersive experience rather than the hand-holding, constantly reminding you that this is a game standard of modern MMOs.
    I think we're gonna join that new "Reformation" Linkshell thing I've been hearing about. None of us have any experience with FFXI at all (I did the trial once, but that's it), so it's all a bit overwhelming. But since we're looking for something different, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

So, got it on steam...9 hour patch? Really? Couldn't be bothered to make this brand new edition an up to date client?

VampireCactus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not even sure what Reformation thing you're talking about, but if you're on Carbuncle then I'm able to help with random junk if need be.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I saw a post for some LS over on another site, but it was for the Phoenix server. Or maybe it was Titan, or maybe they merged, I don't know.

But I don't know of anything like that on Carbuncle. IF there is one, I'd be interested; but the Carby forums on the official forums are completely dead and checking on zam and the ffxiah forums, I didn't see much there either.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    most server forums are dead. If you want a really damn popular server, then go to bahamut. I'm on remora if you are interested in heading there. We're not that crowded.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    tetsuoZshimatetsuoZshima Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    most server forums are dead. If you want a really damn popular server, then go to bahamut. I'm on remora if you are interested in heading there. We're not that crowded.

Nobody is crowded any more and certainly not Bahamut... SE strangled it by cutting it off and then merged another small server into it... woop?

I don't honestly care though, the solo aspect of the game has always been the more fun part of it to me; but I do have some really great friends I have met on Bahamut that are still on, so that's awesome... just don't really care for the group content most of the time. Though doing some of the harder stuff with 4-5 people was some of the most fun I've had at 75, so I'm really kinda waiting for it to settle down at 99 with the respectively hard new content so we can start the wittle down process over again. Right now I really don't care about the gear at all, there's no telling what (if anything) will end up still being good at 99.

tetsuoZshima on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Damn, took awhile to get a pt tonight. Hope it goes well. I'm hesitant to level sync too much though, because I don't want Sword to fall behind, but I think it'll be ok. I'm 45 and I can't go higher than 55 atm anyway. I've been keeping my skill up pretty well so far on PLD.

I realized running through Jeuno though that I need to start my AF quests; but those aren't soloable either so...yay? I love this game but I don't like that they haven't gone back and made some older stuff easier to do these days. Stuff like limit breaks and af; people just don't do anymore.

EDIT: It is rough being the only english speaker in a party.

EDIT EDIT: ROFL I just got 939 xp from killing a goblin.

EDITx3 1112 from the next. Insane.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Hit 51, damn near 52 in that party. I started tonight at 44 so can't complain about XP.

I better do the 55 break before I get into another good party or I'll have to bail after like an hour. I need to figure out what to do about my AF gear. What would be the etiquette for shouting for help for that in Jeuno? Or is that even a good idea?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Hm... Well, it's monday now, if you can hold off til Wednesday I can be around pretty much all day, since I have the day off. At that point I can help with limit break and AF and such. If you dont get it done by then, at least.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hit 51, damn near 52 in that party. I started tonight at 44 so can't complain about XP.

I better do the 55 break before I get into another good party or I'll have to bail after like an hour. I need to figure out what to do about my AF gear. What would be the etiquette for shouting for help for that in Jeuno? Or is that even a good idea?

For coffer key farming? You're not likely to get much help on that front from shouts I would guess. You'll have better luck if you know someone on the server.

For the AF weapon and the NM fights, that you'll not have any trouble getting help for with a shout. Just shout '<class> AF, <nm name>, Help me out'.

seabass on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I got my Dipper Yuly all ready for coffer farming, yo.

Course, still a few pieces of AF I've meant to get over the years and never have.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png