As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Procrastinating by making a school thread, I think this is ironic or something?

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    that's about what I expected

sigh

BugBoy on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The bastard lecturer didn't let us choose our own team members either.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    COME TO UF AND PARTY WITH ALL THE SORORITY HOS AND FRAT BROS!

Rinder on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    i feel like such a creeper when i look at other people's facebook photos

It's okay as long as you don't enjoy yourself while doing so

Alegis on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    closest thing I have to group projects is doing physics labs in groups of two or three

apart from the inbred fucktard who spelt 'regressional' as 'regreshinoal' the other week, most of the people are pretty alright

maybe I'm just in a good year or something, lecturers for a few classes have mentioned that our test result averages were higher than previous years but I just assume they're bullshitting to build confidence

L|ama on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man lesbians have it so easy in college.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    how so

BugBoy on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i have a bunch of group projects this year

luckily they appear to be pretty easy, to the point where if i have an idiot group i will do the whole thing myself.

Actually I think I could probably do a better job on my own anyways...

Al_wat on
    edited September 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    how so

Girls are a lot more likely to be willing to "experiment" that guys apparently.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited September 2010
    My mom can't believe I'm considering Vassar because it was a girl's school however many decades ago.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Alchemist449Alchemist449 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My mom can't believe I'm considering Vassar because it was a girl's school however many decades ago.

My girlfriend goes there! She likes it.

Alchemist449 on
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Group projects are the best I don't know why people in here are complaining.

VoproSTEIN on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

Because if even one person doesn't do their part it sucks for everyone else.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man I love group projects because no matter how small the group there is always the same dude who has problems speaking in front of crowds & clams up during the presentation.

Than I sweep in turning on my charisma and now by comparison, no matter how little stuff I am actually presenting on, will look so much better.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

You must be getting very lucky with your groups, because I almost always have to pull the weight of 1-2 others.

At least at the end of the last class we got to evaluate our groupmates

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always just ran counter-contingencies should any lazier group partner not pull their own weight or just not show up for a presentation.

I also tend to immediately size up people so I will take over as management, and give them the easiest/smallest amount of work to mess up.

Zonugal on
    edited September 2010
    Zonogul has the right of it.

I'm anti-social but always look good in comparison to anybody I work with. And yeah I've been lucky with my groups, but even if I get the one who doesn't work I just tell the prof and he makes them work on their own.

VoproSTEIN on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pretty much

but when I'm in those situations I would much rather just do my own thing and get full credit

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    VaproSTEIN understands my message.

You can't rely on anyone and should thus use them as a stepping-stool for greater potential.

Zonugal on
    edited September 2010
    I imagine your crotch saying that to me

It's a good thing

VoproSTEIN on
    edited September 2010
    My mentor taught me in the best of all ways.

sw_palpatine-anakin.png

Zonugal on
    edited September 2010
    Better than mine

uhhh3te.jpg

VoproSTEIN on
  • thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Of course you should have contingency plans if your group fucks you over, but that just illustrates why group projects generally are the worst.

The worst one I had to do was an intro communications course; the instructor insisted that every member of a group work on every part together. No dividing up the labor, nothing.

thanimations on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I remember doing a group project with two other guys in high school

we sorted out what we'd all do, went home, did our parts, came back

one guy had just done his own and basically said "yeah I did mine I'm not with you guys any more"

I spent the next 10 minutes swearing at him, then told the teacher and me and the other guy got an extension and our final result shat on the bailer's

The Black Hunter on
    edited September 2010
    In high school I did a group project with a friend of mine. He did only the brainstorming with me but none of the actual labor putting the presentation together.

The day of the presentation I told the teacher this and my friend got a D+.

I was justified.

Zonugal on
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    snitches get stitches, zonugal

anyways oh boy I love getting back from school at 8:30 at night

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    getting back? I'm just leaving my last class at 8:30!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a grad class from 5:00 to 6:15, then 6:30 to 9:15, twice a week. and then I ride the metro home for an hour and a half.

BUT, i only have class twice a week. So, pros/cons

Langly on
    edited September 2010
    I had physics labs from 6-9pm in first year, that was shit

especially since they were horrible labs

PUT LENS IN FRONT OF OTHER LENS

LOOK THROUGH LENSES

MOVE LENSES

WHAT HAPPEN?

L|ama on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Group projects really only make sense for a Communications class or for lab partners. I have five goddamn people in my communications group, and nobody will respond to my emails. How are we supposed to coordinate anything with that many people?

Coinage on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, my horrible psych teacher sent out an email to the whole class reading: "If you did now send me an orientation email, please let me know."

How about if you did not receive an orientation email you let me know?
    By the way she had us send it through the class site which does now keep records of your sent emails.

Coinage: I took some group discussion class and my group was just like that.
    Me in class, "hey, let's all give out our emails so we can talk to each other about this shit and when we finish our part we can email it to the group for feedback!"
    Them: "yeah that's a great plan, let's do that"

then the fuckers never check their email and when I get to class I'm like wtf, and they're all "ah man, I didn't have 2 minutes of spare time over 4 days to check my email, oh and by the way I didn't finish my part of the project that I was supposed to have done today."

Fucking assholes.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh god dammit, fuck this Uni and my gay Social Sciences Department.

Of course people fail at the Stats test if the people who review it only take the worst of your individual assignments into account.

I lost 5 fucking points because I didn't cross out the assignment above.

I would've failed anyway but still. This is such a dick move words fail me.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the class i was wildly unprepared for got canceled. hooray for professors with real jobs that sometimes interfere!

satansfingers on
    edited September 2010
    wait what

that is... completely stupid

L|ama on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    is that to me

the class is meant to be more of a practical skills class so it's taught by a practicing lawyer. practicing lawyers sometimes have to go to court. we rescheduled.

satansfingers on
    edited September 2010
    no, to ferrus

L|ama on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love my senior year forever

Today I have four classes

Senior Seminar, which is a class that's hard to describe
    Medical Studies and Research
    AP Econ/Government
    and Film Appreciation

and then the next day I have Trigonometry, AP Composition and Literature, and French

Oh god it's delicious.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited September 2010
    god that sounds like a load of shit

oh wait I didn't see the 'next day I have' bit

L|ama on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    wait what

that is... completely stupid

Yes it is. But there is no point in arguing. Now, if I would have passed the test with those 5 extra points I would've tried to raise goddamn hell.

Be this as it may though, I'm beginning to loathe my department for more than just this stupid test. The entire system feels inhumane.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's all a cruel Social Science experiment.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
This discussion has been closed.