As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wario Ware Wi-Scores Competition with Prizes - Important Update!

Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
warioware.jpg

Wario Ware! I love it. You love it. At least I hope you love it or this will be a fairly short lived project.

The perfect distillation of the minigame formula, reduced to absurdist levels into twitch microgames, rewarding quick reflexes and memory with tasty, tasty high scores. However, beating your own high scores gets old after a while and you want real competition. Flesh and blood. Someone you can mock or envy without giving yourself some kind of split personality disorder.

As such I would hopefully like to instigate a regular high score contest and get some good old fashioned competition going. A simple enough concept. One of the many, many scoring opportunities in the games will be picked and you have two weeks to get the highest score you can manage and hope that you're the very best, like no one ever was. Historical high scores are no use here, we're after what you can achieve within the allotted two week time period. Pictures for the bestest scores would be good but we're a generally principled bunch and I'm happy that we can operate effectively on the honour system.

I'm so keen to make this a success that, for the first round at least, I am offering to provide (and ship internationally if required) an actual physical prize. I warn you though, I play a mean WarioWare and don't intend on having my score beaten if I can avoid it!

The prize on offer, as long as I get five entrants other than myself, is one of the cute l'il Link figures pictured below:

set_of_4_legend_of_zelda_gashapon_yujin_.jpg

So who's in? In order to gauge the best game to pick for the opening round, your interest post needs to include the following survey of games you own or have access to:

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (GBA)
WarioWare: Twisted (GBA)
WarioWare: Touched (DS)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii)
WarioWare: Snapped (DSi)
WarioWare: DIY (DS)

Personally I've got 'em all apart from Snapped, and that's only because I don't own a DSi.

Feedback on the proposed format of the competition is also welcomed.

MhCw7nZ.gif
Jam Warrior on