As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Get your fight on!

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mordin, I will be on this afternoon starting at 4:30pm EST. If you want to play I'm totally cool w/that and will forfeit my game with pitt for yours.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Week 2 matchups have been posted in the op. Deadline to get your game in will be 8:00 p.m. GMT -4 next Sunday. Make sure you've gotten your week one results to me, and if there are going to be any scheduling difficulties make sure to communicate them clearly with your opponent. I'm not going to be too strict this week, since part of the purpose for this is working the bugs out, but from here on out, I'd prefer Sunday night to be the hard deadline.

Anyone have any concerns, questions, or thoughts about how things have been going so far?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm currently playing Mordin899 I will post results shortly

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Apogee, unfortunately due to me getting ready to go on vacation for a week, only time I will be able to get our game in will be tonight or tomorrow night. Please tell me which is better. I'm also currently watching alt's game vs mordin, join if you wanna play now.

Spherick on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Looks like it's going to be an ol' fashioned love fest with me and Mazzy. Slaanesh vs. Slaanesh, no children under 18 allowed to watch.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So your list is also noise marine goodness? This might be fun, I was worried it was black legion with lots of scary defilers.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yep, noise marines all over the place.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So we have death guard, world eaters, and emperor's children in this tourney. Poor Tzeentch gets no love

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Next series, I'll throw down with the Lord Of Change instead.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nah man, fuck that change guy. Stagnation is where its at!

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I just always thought you guys wanted a shot at that chick in the cage in the corner of Nurgle's basement, actually.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Its all fun and games, but she just heals right afterwards. We'll leave that crazy tail for the Grandfather

Spherick on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Altmann, it's time to feel the wrath of the Eldar!
    Or, it will be.
    Some time this week.

When's good for you?

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This seems to be the week of factional face-offs, because I'm going to be half of some hot 'nid on 'nid action.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    THE DARK ANGELS FALL TO THE PUPPIES.

But only JUST.
    After a disastrous first 2 turns that left me with 11 models on the board I managed to keep 1 squad each on three objectives until the top of the 5th turn. My last terminator made 45 consecutive saves before finally falling on the 46th, and he meltad the last squad member off of one objective, leaving one sgt falling back when we called it.

Here is my list now that I have finally played my first game.. I am looking for feedback:
    Belial (attached to Deathwing Squad)
    +Thunder Hammer
    +Storm Shield

Deathwing Squad Donatello
    +Sergeant with Twin Lightning Claws,
    +1 Terminator with Powerfist & Storm Bolter
    +1 Terminator with Assault Cannon & Powerfist
    +1 Terminator Apothecary with Narthecium, Powerfist & Storm Bolter
    +1 Terminator Standard Bearer with Deathwing Standard, Powerfist & Storm Bolter

Tactical Squad Descartes
    +Combat Squad 1 - Veteran Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist, 3 Bolters, Meltagun
    +Combat Squad 2 - 4 Bolters, Lascannon
    +Razorback with TL Heavy Bolter

Ravenwing Squad Nietzsche
    +Combat Squad 1 - Vet Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist, 1 Biker, 1 Flamer Biker
    +Combat Squad 2 – 3 Bikers
    +Combat Squad 3 - Attack Bike with Multi-Melta

I can't tell if my list is really weak, or if SW are just really strong. The 2 2 melta squads in rhinos are TOUGH as a marine army. And WOTWW is just ridiculous. Oh you fail? No invulnerable save, no cover save, don't care how many wounds you have, just buhbye.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Templars v Dark Angels?

It's going to be hot.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is Dorkman around? Why is his name a different color in the OP?

If you're here, let me know when a good time to play is. I look forward to what will be very weird guard on guard violence.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @Sage: Let me know when you have free time. I'll be around most nights from 23:30 GMT+0.

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Who wants to play a match tonight? Normal or using those rules altmann posted if you want to keep it short.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bye the way , techmarine a non PA goer is a total neckbeard cock wipe so please dont feed the troll when hes on hes obviously an idiot.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Dorkman was replacement for a player who had to drop out, and although it probably doesn't make a difference stepping in for someone in the first week, I thought it should be indicated for future reference.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Epic Epicness, this goes on for 2 turns:
    v40_5_2_02.jpg

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ALTMANN VS MORDIN889 (finally got our game in!)

WIN: Altmann

Bloody dawn:

It was a red sunrise that greeted the forces of Khorne and the Space Wolves as they clashed on the dusty battlefield.

IT was capture and control and Dawn of War. OF course. I hate DoW so we roll that. That’s 3 games in a row.

Mordin’s list was 2 defilers with CCWs upgrades , 3 squads of zerkers in rhinos with one having Kharne the Betrayer.

My list was what I posted earlier, 2 rune priests in rhinos with kitted out grey hunters w/meltas. 5 Missile Launcher Long-fangs and a dread with multimelta in a drop pod.

Mordin takes first turn and boldly places Kharne the Betrayer in a nice position out of LoS from much of the board but right up at the middle of the board on the left.
    His turn, he moves everything on, putting each defiler on a flank, one standing on his objective.

I came in all on my board edge. The dreadnought dropped in the right hand corner and popped the first defiler’s battle cannon off. It’s a bold move, but I was hoping for a wreck or destroyed result. I will be facing a serious threat next turn. My 2 grey hunter squads move up on the right, away from kharne & CO. One is far off in the corner skirting the board edge and the other is just right of center readying to face the zerkers in midfield.

Mordin moves forward with his two rhinos, and makes to charge my dreadnought with his defiler. Kharne’s rhino moves around coming at my long fangs who are standing behind my objective along with a razorback of grey hunters. He shoots my rhino but misses with the battle cannon. He charges my dread. My dread manages to wreck the defiler at I4 before the defiler gets to go. IT was a lucky roll and meant my dread was standing on their objective un-contested and out of LoS from the other defiler.

On my turn I manage to pop kharne’s rhino with a lucky krak missile and he fails his cover save. IT explodes and takes 2 zerkers. Fearlessly Kharne rises from the ashes with 4 other zerkers.

On his turn he charges my rhino in center of the board, and kharne advances toward my razorback and long-fangs. His 3rd rhino comes around the hill protecting my objective. They will be in range next turn to charge.

His center zerker squad disembarks and charges my rhino. Hitting on 4s he manages to only stun it and immobilize it. Not great for him.

On my turn, my runepriest in center disembarks out of the rhino with his grey hunters and readies to charge. Jaws of the world wolf amazingly kills all 3 zerkers it his. I forgo shooting pistols and melta to make sure I get the charge.
    My razorback pops off 3 shots and wounds twice on kharne’s squad. 2 zerkers go down leaving kharne and 2 left. My long fangs follow up with krak and manage to kill kharne in one shot. A major threat has been eliminated but I still have a rhino full of zerkers and 2 foot-slogging zerkers close to my home flag.

My assault on the midfield zerkers is less than impressive. I forego using my wolf standard in case I need it later (always a bad choice) and I only manage to kill one of the 3 remaining zerkers. They have 9 attacks and kill 2 of my marines. I lose combat but stay in the fight.

On Mordin’s turn he positions his rhino w/zerkers closer to my objective with the 2 foot zerkers advancing behind it. His battle cannon scatters and I finish off the last 2 zerkers in close combat.

On my turn I run my runepriest back to my objective to provide more support, I shoot the 2 foot zerkers off the board with my razorback (star of the game man) and 5 kraks immobilize his rhino.

On his turn, he gets out but is forced into difficult terrain by my razorback placement. A lousy roll of 1,2 means he’s not going to get the assault off. That’s key and unfortunate. His battle cannon again scatters and does nothing.

On my turn, I disembark my far right runepriest and grey hunters and they make a run for the enemy objective. A lucky terrain roll and run roll mean they’re in 3” of it.

Down south at my objective it has become crowded. With 7 zerkers standing in front of me I ready shooting. Kraks, pistols, razorback and meltas only kill three leaving a charge open to me. With a rally and invocation of the wolf standard my rune priest charges in with his grey hunters and the 5 man squad from the razorback charge as well…

I will say this, the dice REALLY did not favor mordin tonight. Multiple bad rolls, like rolling three 5s on initiative tests for jaws. Also, battle cannon scatter and terrain tests really didn’t help. I got lucky with some penetration results and my razorback really was a champ as I think it alone killed about 6-7 zerkers.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Im pretty sure ive seen guardsmen make more saves than those berserkers did tonight

Spherick on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It Burns wrote: »
    @Sage: Let me know when you have free time. I'll be around most nights from 23:30 GMT+0.

I can't do it tomorrow, but any night after that should be good for me.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Or, it will be.
    Some time this week.

When's good for you?

Maybe tomorrow night or Thursday. I'm busy Tues/Weds.

what's your list again? some crazy jetbike thing i hear?

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dark Angel WIN!

The Deathwing hold out just long enough to tie up his squad till its too late and the Ravenwing turn the tide with a lucky double 6 to destroy a venerable dread on his objective. It was SO close right up to a poor run roll on the last turn, it was a really good game.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    1 inch greater on any of the previous run rolls, and I would have tied it!

We both had to rewrite our lists though, my new one is much more hard nosed and effective (I'm just not used to playing this low point value, it's taking me some getting used to).

It didn't help that your attack bike survived an unbelievable amount of fire power and didn't die. He must have made 10 saves in a row, then rolled a 6 on the first penetration against the dread, and when re-rolled, got another...That was unbelievable.

Fantastic game though, I feel much more confident about my 1k BT list.

I really hope the next time around we play at 1500-2k, that's the zone where BT really starts to shine. Under that, and it's like banging your head against the wall.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    problem is it already takes like 3-4 hours to get a game in at 1k points. 1500 would be sooo fucking long.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Or, it will be.
    Some time this week.

When's good for you?

Maybe tomorrow night or Thursday. I'm busy Tues/Weds.

what's your list again? some crazy jetbike thing i hear?

I can do pretty much any day (except maybe friday). I'm on GMt tho, so not too late.

My list is pretty much "I wonder if Shining Spears and the Night Spinner are any good?". It's on page 3, right above yours, if you wanna take a look

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mazzy, when are you available for this love-fest? I'm going to a show tonight, so I'm no good for today. Any other day this week around 9pm EST should be good. Or anytime during the weekend.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shining spears with an autarch are wicked.

saluksic on
  • Options
    DorkmanDorkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

If you're here, let me know when a good time to play is. I look forward to what will be very weird guard on guard violence.

I am around, but dont think I will be able to play until tomorrow.

If by Guard on Guard you mean Wolf Guard, then your on! I got no piddly guardsmen in my army ;)

Dorkman on
    Poke Black 2 FC: 0390 6923 7158
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tomorrow's fine. You're marked as imperial guard in the OP, I guess that's left over from your predecessor.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mazzy, when are you available for this love-fest? I'm going to a show tonight, so I'm no good for today. Any other day this week around 9pm EST should be good. Or anytime during the weekend.

Depending how much work I get done for classes I would say tomorrow would be good. And that is like perfect timing for me as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am sad that I withdrew.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    I am sad that I withdrew.

I'm very sad I didn't notice this thread until long after everything started. Maybe next time.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah, shushnik sounds like depending on how succesful this one goes there should be another round. though it all depends on who wants to organize it. Though after watching 1k games i dont think we will see anything above 2k that would take way to long.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    2k 1v1 would be quite the endeavor. Maybe doubles with 1000 points each might work just to have 2 people operating each army.

We need to set up a kickass campaign though.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I figure we could do a campaign, maybe first week is 500, then 750, then 1k, 1.25k and then 1.5k. For the last week a massive set of 4v4 games or something.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png