As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Slim Fug; Concept/Portfolio-building [Other stuff NSFW]

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WHEW... finally caught up on homestuck. Last time I was there was end of ACT 5.... jeegus

ninjai on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, except for the few days preceding major flash animations, he updates at least one or two batches per day. And when they start to get chatlog-heavy it can get pretty easy to fall way behind.

Speaking of unfinished blorp in a similar vein as the Dave one

WindThing.png

Fugitive on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's one crazy hood!

...I like it.

Sublimus on
    edited December 2010
    I pretty frequently lose track of how much stylization is too much, so I end up with things like parachute hoods.

Finished, I think.
    WindyThing.png

Fugitive on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heck yeah! This is great. I've really gotta get around to doing some MSPA fanart one of these days.
    DO THE WINDY THING DO THE WINDY THING DO THE WINDY THING DO THE WINDY THING DO THE WINDY THING

Flay on
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Hey Fug do you still have that sketchbook from years ago? You should totally just doodle in it and send it back to me.

Oh hey I remember randomly stumbling on that thread while browsing, let me look it up again...

here's what a search brought up

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?24007-The-Sketchbook-sendaround-thread
    http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?24059-Siegfried-s-Sketchbook-Sendaround(SSS)
    http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?24093-Skectbook-Send-It-Around
    http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?24122-Do-Delicious-DOODLES-Potentially-NSFW!&p=3031017&viewfull=1#post3031017

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
    edited December 2010
    Oh wow, Avraham Internet Detective.

Hey, Lexxy is next on the list anyway. If she's going to be in town this weekend for her usual DnD session I might just send it back home with her and have Ian mail it back to you, Sieg (so I don't have to wrestle with shipping, since I'm not even sure I'll have enough change lying around to afford it). And if worse comes to worst and he never mails it, he's probably more likely to see you in person than I am!

Flay: I am suddenly doing the windy thing

Fugitive on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good 'ol Siegfried's Sketchbook Sendaround.

Seriously Fug if I don't get that book back for christmas I'm going to break your knees. Not really. But it's a possibility so you should just do it anyways!

EDIT: Or I guess that works too, whatever.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Oh wow, Avraham Internet Detective.

Hey, Lexxy is next on the list anyway. If she's going to be in town this weekend for her usual DnD session I might just send it back home with her and have Ian mail it back to you, Sieg (so I don't have to wrestle with shipping, since I'm not even sure I'll have enough change lying around to afford it). And if worse comes to worst and he never mails it, he's probably more likely to see you in person than I am!

Flay: I am suddenly doing the windy thing

You'd have to pass it off to Ian sometime tomorrow, acutally--there's no D&D this weekend because end of the semester, and his last final is mid-afternoon.

I really won't have time to draw in it and then send it before Christmas though, I am super swamped :c

Lexxy on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, between finals, my secret santa obligations, and the shitloads of gift art I still need to do, this is probably going to be the busiest, brokest christmas break, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to scrawl anything in the book before I send it off.

If I can't get it to Ian tomorrow it's just going to have to wait, Seigfried. I literally do not have the chump change it would take to ship it.

Sorry, dude.

Fugitive on
    edited December 2010
    It's okay I felt that perhaps by threatening you and putting a legitimate deadline down it might motivate you to send it over.

Why don't we make the deadline January 15th then? Try to mail it by then at the latest.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited December 2010
    So it turns out I was in Ian's last final, which was would have been fortuitous if I had the sketchbook or had drawn in it yet.

So, yeah, I'll try for the 15th.

Fugitive on
  • MuddyParasolMuddyParasol Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WolfFinaleWIP2.png

I love the worm's eye view on this and that maniacal smile gives me the shivers!
    WindyThing.png

I tend to like overly stylized images so I may be a little biased, but I love the hood.
    For a second there it wasn't clear to me if he was bringing his hand up to stifle a giggle, or if he was gesturing with his hand to show how small "something" is and thus the giggling.

MuddyParasol on
    edited January 2011
    Thanks (several weeks after the fact)!

It's been awhile since I've done a straight up dump, so here is a bunch of boring shit!

First, some Christmas art.

DewyTheChristmasElf1111.png

SantaTheRed.png

Part of a card I made for my lady to go along with a gift (it was scented candles and chocolate, but she is prone to sinus issues that futz with her sense of smell and taste, so I bought her a little Vick's vaporizer just in case)
    ValCard1111.png

Animal stuff!
    ParasitesFORUM1111.png

KITTIES1111.png

AnatomyFORUM1111.png

Handjob1111.png

Anatomy1111.png

And some random doodles.

Florist1111.png

Hoerse1111.png

And so there's something finished in here, my Secret Santa for Sublimus.
    Sublimus2.png

Fugitive on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awww yeah, Ramona Flowers! And the pick for Sub is sooo good

melting_doll on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Norseman Pirate Santa is my hero. Also, Triforce beltbuckle for the win.

Prospicience on
    edited January 2011
    Thanks, I think posing people's avatars against an epic city backdrop is my new Secret Santa "thing", since I've done it 2 years running now.

And as much as I don't like a lot of nerd-chic, I kind of also want that buckle.

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    that card you made is way too cute.

And ramona flowers is THE shit.

ninjai on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I demand you re-draw Scott Pilgrim in that style. Now.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited January 2011
    But that means I'd have to read them first, and I doubt they've done their source material justice. They're mostly just, like, stills from the movie, with some words overlayed on them, right??

Lame trolling aside, thank you.

Fugitive on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Draw young Niel. Draw young Niel.

TheBog on
  • jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey fug, you're like

a totally huge inspiration to me

'er whatever

keep drawing all the time forever

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You're getting hella good Fug.

Mustang on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Is...is your lady cool with the fact that you've posted a drawing of her wearing no pants?

Also, that bottom drawing of the arm studies (this may be a dumb, but nonetheless honest, question)- it's supposed to look unnaturally twisted up, right? Otherwise I might have to say some words.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah that was uh, a weird choice on my part. I was just kind of following the lines of the tricep and deltoid through and didn't bother erasing them. And my arm tired out super fast in that pose, so I just kind of stopped.

Also those are light pants shut up.

Bog: Did you mean: Neil Young

Jpeg: There's... not really an emoticon for what I'm doing right now. Just imagine lots of rubbing the back of my head and staring sheepishly down at my feet, followed by a faintly mumbled "thank you".

Mustang: Thanks! Still so much to learn though, like how to paint environments :x

I need to ask around the questions thread for some good resources for learning to paint from reference with color. I can do it in black and white, but I have no clue how to do it with hues and saturation.

Fugitive on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I need to ask around the questions thread for some good resources for learning to paint from reference with color. I can do it in black and white, but I have no clue how to do it with hues and saturation.

<COUGH!>

<COUGH AGAIN!>

<COUGH x 3!>

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited January 2011
    Bacon, how do you know all of this shit for references?

Are you a wizard?

I'm onto you.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited January 2011
    !!!

Well maybe just "!", since I can't really afford books, but that is a pretty good blog!

Still, I feel like there are tips and tricks I'm missing when it comes to painting from observation. I'm going to move this over to the questions thread real quick, since this is a more general art question.

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    Another week gone by.

Figure10911.png

KITTIES10911.png

HappyBeardthday.png

TiiPaati-de.png

Clawds10511.png

I spent a few hours trudging through this cloud image. I made a digital version of this thing, and it actually helped a surprising amount! At the very least I was able to get colors much more accurate than unaided observation, and I didn't need to rely on the eye-dropper. Still groping in the dark on the actual painting aspect :<

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    More yo

Self-congratulatory image for my deviantArt profile. I haven't drawn this character in awhile, so it was kind of fun revisiting him with my new "render the everloving shit out of everything" style.
    Elevenhunnid.png

Figure11711.jpg

I got a Copic marker to test the waters. I have no idea how to use these!

SnakeCat.jpg

Buttcat.jpg

Fugitive on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I love how you study sketches carry over that angular style. Even you anubis is like a round sexy square.

wakkawa on
    edited January 2011
    huge arm cat demon thing is fuckin amazing. Can I has?

ninjai on
    edited January 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I love how you study sketches carry over that angular style. Even you anubis is like a round sexy square.

Oops I probably shouldn't delete images immediately after posting them because now I don't know what you were referring to, but thanks!

Ninjai: Please take him his tail-wedgie is weirding me out.

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    Ninjai: Please take him his tail-wedgie is weirding me out.
    :3

ninjai on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I will take the cat headed snake.

Thanks.

Kochikens on
    edited January 2011
    Was that inspired by this:
    freaky-freaky.jpg

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited January 2011
    That is kind of a weird thing to be so common, but I guess it makes sense given the internet's habit of combining cute things with things that are terrifying (even though snakes can also be pretty adorable)

Fugitive on
    edited January 2011
    It was also posted earlier this week by Natalie Dee, so I was just wondering if it was coincidence. (i'm onto you)

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    love the new fug sketches

also spoiler that cat snake sieg pronto, it is not as awesome as the fug one

earthwormadam on
    edited January 2011
    Done and done.

And I vaguely remember SO way back in the day making fun of you having scratchy linework and stuff, look how far you've come.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote: