Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4E Discussion] Click to affirm Infidel is amazing.

AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Critical Failures
ITT people try to tell you the way you like to pretend playing as a fantasy elf or dwarf is wrong. Plus you're probably a jerk. Why are you such a jerk? Also that you are not playing DnD the one true way and that you're a horrible monster. Why do you hate fun?

Here is a Dungeon:

dungeon-map2-2.jpg

Here is a Dragon:

23856green-dragon.jpg

Hence the name. Also, as a bonus picture here is Bane.

372_bane.jpg

He's so dreamy <3.

And no, he's not going anywhere from the OP. He wants you to love his manly pectoral muscles, his huge thigh muscles and bulging tip of the long hard shaft of his spear. The artist who drew this spectacular visage of our general thread mascot and local god even has a wallpaper of him. All hail Bane!!!!

Speaking of before we go any further here, want to get the perfect way of starting 4E? Don't know where to go though? Try Wizards generously offering both a revised and improved version of Keep on the Shadowfell and the Quickstart rules? What will this cost you?

Absolutely nothing as it's completely free. Download them here.

Dungeons and Dragons is a pretty old game, originally being created by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson in 1974, both of whom have passed way now. Since then it's had various iterations and editions, with the latest edition being 4th edition, published by Wizards of the Coast. The basic rules consist of three books:

products_dndacc_217367200_lgpic.jpg

As the name suggests, this is for players and also details the games core rules like combat.

products_dndacc_217207200_lgpic.jpg

This book details the various monsters and other things that populate most DnD worlds.

products_dndacc_217507200_lgpic.jpg

This is for the DM and contains useful things like how much experience you have to make an encounter, treasure tables and rules for creating your own monsters.

If you want to play DnD, you usually only need the players hand book. Running a game requires those base three books and should be bought by everyone in general.

Speaking of stuff, what stuff can you look forwards to playing in this wonderful game of Dungeons and Dragons? How about a handy description of the varied options in 4E?

Your wonderful options for Playing Dungeons and Dragons 4E

The first of the core books in 4E reintroduced many core races that are familiar to anyone who has played DnD before, while also introducing some new options like Dragonborn to familiar fantasy tropes like dwarves and Elves. The main difference in race design in 4E compared to previous editions is that most races gain positive bonuses to stats (no negatives) and are generally more evenly powered across the board. No ECLs or similar are used here.

Additionally this is the book that introduced many of the core classes back to the game like fighters, rogues and wizards while again introducing new elements like the Warlord. Class design is really radical in 4E compared to the way 3E handled things, so you should be prepared for a major shock if you’re coming from a previous edition. Most classes have been broken down into a series of roles that determine what they generally do: Defender, striker, controller or leader.

Further most classes have both a power source (that mechanically ties them into certain things) and a collection of individual powers that determines how they can affect combat (usually flavored by the role the class fits into).

The PHB introduced the following races and classes into 4E:
Spoiler:

Wizards were not finished there of course and released the second players handbook further expanding the options available!:
Spoiler:

That not enough races and classes? Well have some more thanks to the third players handbook!
Spoiler:

Then there are the races and the class from the campaign setting books. First Forgotten Realms:
Spoiler:

The Eberron players guide added further races again as well as a new class!
Spoiler:

And now DDI is adding more options to the game as well – insider exclusive (that is they won’t be printed) to boot!
Spoiler:

DM/Player Tools and Helpful Links

D&D Insider Subscriptions

D&D insider is probably the best method of keeping up to date with 4th edition at the moment. For one thing, it keeps you up to date with all that pesky errata in a simple way and if you subscribe for a month, then cancel you can get a lot of content for not a lot of overall money! You can preview some of the toys at the links below:

This of course is a subscription service and here are the current prices, with a month subscription for what you can get out of it being quite a steal if you are prepared to deal with not having everything up to date each month.
  • $71.40 for 12 months - $5.95 per month
  • $23.85 for 3 months - $7.95 per month
  • $9.95 for month

To subscribe to the D&D Insider service, click here. Prices went up in July (2009), seems about a dollar an issue for a 12 month subscription.

You can find screenshots of the Character builder here.

Aegeri on

• AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A lot of stuff has been released currently as well and I have most of it, so I'll give some minor thoughts on each and update as stuff comes out:

Campaign Settings

Forgotten Realms

frcg.jpg

Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide
    Forgotten Realms Players Guide
    Scepter Tower of Spellgard

This was the first of the campaign settings released for 4E Dungeons and Dragons about a yearish or so ago. It marks a significant departure from the previous editions versions of the Forgotten Realms, which is either something people hate a lot, are indifferent to or quite like. It has enough detail that any new DM will find it a useful resource for making a campaign and providing an overall world to set that campaign in. It does not have the depth of lore or similar that previous editions have had, which is what leads to a lot of the negativity surrounding the setting. The players guide IMO is a useful resource even if you don't actually like the realms as a setting. Although a fair chunk of the book is dedicated to the FR, the Swordmage, races (Drow and Genasi) and feats make it a worthwhile purchase for anyone.

The adventure is decent quality, but requires a lot of work compared to the 'core' adventure series to get fully implemented into a campaign. It also starts at level 2, which is a real pain for DMs wanting to just jump right into a 4E campaign with the adventure and some fresh level 1 PCs. We have a thread for FR as well here.

Eberron

515WULoa8sL_SL500_.jpg

Eberron Campaign Guide
    Eberron Players Guide
    Seekers of the Ashen Crown

We have a thread for Eberron related things here.

Eberron is the second setting released and it's pretty good IMO (maybe I am biased though if you read my campaign threads on this forum). It has a lot of solid themes to the game, as it's based heavily on a kind of pulp action + noir feel that really does work. The books are absolutely gorgeous and especially the main campaign guide is worth mentioning, because the cartography of the map of the world is truly great and its packed full of great ideas and detail about Eberron. It is definitely around the top books released for 4E so far IMO. Like with FR, I feel the EPG is really worth buying as well just for the extra feats and mechanics (dragonmark feats are easily applied to other settings with little mechanical fiddling). I will say though some DMs may not like the more "magitech" feel to the Eberron specific Warforged race and Artificer class, so make sure you check with your DM before buying this for your FR or whatever setting game.

Once again though I must complain that the adventure starts at level 2. Why on earth do they do that? It's very good though and it's a fun adventure, but I still wish they would make these adventures from level 1 so you can jump right into the fun without having to make further encounters (or starting your PCs at level 2).

Dark Sun

dark_sun_cg_b1y.jpg

Dark Sun Campaign Setting
    Dark Sun Creature Catalog
    Marauders of the Dune Sea (Adventure).

The 2010 campaign setting and boy does it look like a doozy! It looks and sounds like they are doing some major changes to this setting for 4E, not just in changes from its original 2E incarnation but how they approach the setting from a 4E design standpoint. One particularly interesting thing with this particular setting is that it does not having a player specific book, instead it goes with a campaign guide that suggests changes to existing races and its second book is a creature catalog of nasty beasts. Personally I like this idea and am interested to see how it ends up working when it is released.

In what I feel is a lovely piece of common sense, Marauders of the Dune Sea starts at level 1, HUZZAH!

Released books
    Spoiler:

Released Adventures
    Spoiler:

Upcoming Stuff

Monster Manual 3
    Players Handbook Races: Tiefling
    Vor Rukoth: Ancient Ruins Adventure Site
    Tomb of Horrors
    HS2: Orcs of Stonefang Pass
    Demonomicon
    Psionic Power

Future Release Speculation and Rumours

Gamma World, which is a pretty zany sounding card based way of playing a "DnD 4E light" type game will be out later in the year.

Useful Stuff Provided By Wizards and other people

To go with some of the links provided from the previous threads, Wizards have an Art and Map Gallery here. This is free and provides a lot of useful maps and art for use in your games to pillage at will. The OP dungeon is shamelessly stolen from there ;)

Additionally I recommend this site, which has a wide collection of fantasy art and such forth. Some of it is distinctly NSFW however, so consider yourself warned. They love naked women.

Another useful site is the Cartographers Guild forums. Many talented map artists at this site who make a range of maps, both large scale continental maps, town maps and dungeon maps. Some of the maps here IMO are a bit too fancy, with excessive mapsizes for use with maptools but there are some real gems on here as well. Incidentally, the guy who did the cartography for the Cormyr article in Dragon Magazine posts here as well. Here's an example.

Infidel has provided us with a handy 4E stat calculator. Especially useful if you don't have the character builder to do it for you. The most common problem I find with 4E games is people messing up their initial point buy by a couple of points. In an unexpected twist, this is because some people tend to give themselves less points overall and accidentally gimp their character as opposed to going over the limit.

He's also produced a handy online character sheet device, which can be found here. Seems to work pretty well and is very handy and is even becoming a popular alternative to Mythweavers around these forums. In further character sheet interests, there is also this lovely looking Victorian themed sheet available by Orikaeshigitae.

Cheap miniatures seems to come up quite often in the thread, given that a good mini or three can make 4E a lot easier to run (probably an understatement). One place to get them is ebay, but the number and quality (even type) may be hit and miss. Another online seller of DDM is Dragon Justice, which sometimes has a good range and sometimes not. Really if you look around online you can get a good bunch of models for a fairly cheap price.

There is a general campaign design and advice thread that I have been writing for a while over here. If you're a new DM this might be worth checking out.

I also recommend this fellow called the Angry DM. His advice is pretty good and he's wrote a couple of really good articles on how to make solo fights more interesting.

Finally, a major collection of the games errata was released recently in a big PDF from wizards that you can get here.

Also, as a reminder, don't discuss pirating books in this thread. It's not going to get you anything except some infractions and probably a ban. So just don't. Plus Chris Perkins is totally going to come around to your house and ruin your shit. Not to mention eat your dinner and steal your dice.

We have a general CF IRC channel too if you're that way inclined. You'll need some chat client to use it, or something.

irc.slashnet.org
    #criticalfailure

Apparently this was SUPERSUGAs idea.

Penny-Arcade Podcast series!

Also, given this forum is Penny-Arcade we should in fact note that Gabe and Tycho, Scott Kurtz of PVP and after the first series Wil Wheaton sat down and played some DnD together and recorded it. There are currently three seasons and you can find links to download them all below for much good times. This is a good way of getting new people interested in DnD I've found as well.

Series 1: Chris Perkins as DM with Jerry (PA), Mike (PA) and Scott (PvP) playing some DnD!
    Part one. Part two. Part Three. Part four. Part five. Part six. Part seven. Part eight.

Series 2: Chris Perkins as DM with Jerry (PA), Mike (PA), Scott (PvP) and Wil ('s Law) playing some DnD!
    Part one. Part two. Part three. Part four. Part five. Part six. Part seven. Part eight.

Series 3: Chris Perkins as DM with Jerry (PA), Mike (PA), Scott (PvP) and Wil ('s Law) playing some DnD!
    Part one. Part two. Part three. Part four. Part five. Part Six. Part Seven. Part Eight.

Series 4: Jerry takes over the DMing mantle in Dark Sun with Mike (PA), Scott (PvP) and Kris (Krisstraub).
    Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4. Part 5.

There is also Robot Chicken's writers playing DnD
    . Also features commentary on the game from Chris Perkins!

There will also be another PA/PVP podcast featuring Wil and Chris Perkins back as DM later in the summer.

• AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's time for me to get back behind the screen. I'm putting together an OP for a MapTools game for my Heaven's Gate campaign setting. Look for it soon!

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited June 2010
    And why not post more MM3 stuff. Because that's the best, this time on my beloved Krakens:
    M4kitsu wrote:
    Krakens. Hee.

*m4ki titters evilly at the thought*

So there are two of them in MM3... and Dear Sweet Siberys Above are they nasty.

The basic version is the Sea Kraken, a Gargantuan aberrant magical beast 10 Solo Soldier likely capable of taking on the crew of an entire ship... as well as the ship itself.

In addition to the tentacle-y doom you might expect from such a creature, which, yes, includes Threatening Reach, it also has a nasty surprise to anyone who thinks themselves safely out of reach in the form of a blinding Venom Bolt ranged attack, and an ability called Devourer of Ships... which does exactly what it says on the tin.

The interesting thing here is that the wording on Devourer of Ships implies mechanics that I've never heard of -possibly hinting at things yet to come (likewise, Deserts of Athas has a small sailing vessel included on one of the tiles).

And then we come to the Sea Kraken's big brother, the Astral Kraken. Weighing in as a 25 Solo Controller, this monstrous (flying!) beast can seriously ruin someone's day. It also has all the same tentacle-y doom as its sea-bound little brother, plus an extra square of reach, but tacks on some devastating additional tricks, including the at-will ability to cause a PC to fire his highest-level encounter attack power at one of his allies, which doesn't expend the power and goes off even if the PC has already used the power as well as a triggered reaction Dominate.

...so yeah, they brought Krakens back. That poor slobbering animal from the PotC movies wouldn't stand a change.

Oh Krakens <3

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love the new OP.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wil Wheaton is spelled with one "L". And if you want to list something behind his name, might I suggest, instead of (Star Trek?), you might go with (Notable Author), (Secretary of Geek Affairs), or perhaps ('s Law).

Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
    edited June 2010
    And thus it is done.

Plans in future for OP:

Pictures of upcoming books. I won't be doing this for all books for space sake, but for stuff coming up a nice look at what it looks like I feel is a great idea.

Pictures in the first part of the OP: Some example classes + races to adorn what is right now a very big collection of walls of text. Reading a bunch of text is one thing, but a few example characters is another. I will bear in mind that I am going to try to be careful with what I put there, because most of the art isn't freely available anymore and stealing wizards pictures might upset them (most of the things I post are available on google image search or from free galleries on Wizards site).

I shall also add Lolth to the OP alongside bane once Wizards make a wallpaper of her or something (that I can resize to match). She's so dreamy <3

Edit: The Apocalypse Spell preview at Wizards now works. Aside from being yet another awesome monster it provides key confirmation that damage has risen in MM3. It's a level 27 skirmisher and does 3d10+19 damage. The normal damage output for a level 27 skirmisher should be: 3d8+9 damage. That's a pretty big hike in damage.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I shall also add Lolth to the OP alongside bane once Wizards make a wallpaper of her or something (that I can resize to match). She's so dreamy <3
    Dreamy? Giant spider-demon gods are your thing?
    No wonder you went into biology. ;)

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • MagisterMagister Registered User
    edited June 2010
    That Kraken stuff makes me want Spelljammer to be the next campaign setting so bad.

Spelljammer had so much potential. If they went back and 'did it right' (no talking about visiting other campaign settings as UFOs, no tinker gnomes, no elvish navy and nothing about that stupid space manta-ray you can never escape), and made it all about the Rock of Bral and sailing, it could really be awesome.

Plus solid nautical rules could really be a strong exportable mechanic. Boats are awesome, and most campaigns end up on a boat at some point.

That one of the WotC people is running two weekly games set in an 'island based campaign world' makes me hope that Spelljammer is in the pipe.

I mean, the only campaign setting I would want more than Spelljammer is Darksun, specifically the Darksun in the timeline of the original box... Which I get in two months.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Apparently the new race book about tieflings includes feats that make use of the tieflings' prehensile tails. For example, one feat lets Tiefling Fighters trip an enemy with their tail.
    Magister wrote: »
    That Kraken stuff makes me want Spelljammer to be the next campaign setting so bad.

I mean, the only campaign setting I would want more than Spelljammer is Darksun, specifically the Darksun in the timeline of the original box... Which I get in two months.

Have you looked at The Plane Above?

Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Why only Fighters? That doesn't make a great deal of sense.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited June 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Maybe they are?

Edit: I do wonder what the hell is going on with her throat though.

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Eh, she looks like a man in drag.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nothing wrong with a little drag!

TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    edited June 2010
    Clearly she's not showing enough leg, which is okay because for leg fans she has a drider form with eight of them.

• MagisterMagister Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Apparently the new race book about tieflings includes feats that make use of the tieflings' prehensile tails. For example, one feat lets Tiefling Fighters trip an enemy with their tail.

No, I usually don't like the planar stuff. What did I miss?

edited June 2010

It already has rules for engagements between astral ships - which can easily translate to a spell-jammer game.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010

It already has rules for engagements between astral ships - which can easily translate to a spell-jammer game.

Also, it should be noted that the Manual of the Planes has stats for the Spelljammer in it!

SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This Boss Fight stuff on Angry DM is pretty great. Thanks Aegeri.

Does anyone listen to Radio Free Hommlett? That sounds interesting too.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do any of the books talk about the actual process of gaining a Paragon path from a flavor standpoint? The descriptions are pretty detailed about the sorts of people that gain them, but it seems like mechanically, you just hit 11 and pick from the catalog.

steam_sig.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do any of the books talk about the actual process of gaining a Paragon path from a flavor standpoint? The descriptions are pretty detailed about the sorts of people that gain them, but it seems like mechanically, you just hit 11 and pick from the catalog.

I wanted to tell you that your stunt in my thread amused me.

sig.gif
    edited June 2010
    :oops:

We're all friends here, right? All in good fun, eh? :P

steam_sig.png
  • ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

You have to wait a few weeks for your PP Diploma to arrive in the mail.

U7CHA.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Turns out a Lesser Berbalang vs a party of 5 level 6s doesn't really act very much like a solo. The party spent a grand total of 2 daily powers and 5 healing surges to deal with it.

Well, 5 Action Points, too, but w/e.

1133965-1.png?1297145727
    edited June 2010
    Probad wrote: »

You have to wait a few weeks for your PP Diploma to arrive in the mail.

"I had a... hankerin' to be an Kensei when I was a young feller when I got out of the King's Guard, but I... I went to Iron Vanguard school instead... well, I took a correspondence course."

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    That's not entirely unexpected. One of the complications solos have is the beginning of the fight is always a huge dump of action points into it.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How does a Barbarian get initiated into the Frenzied Berserker guild? Does he have to rage out and break down some doors?

What about the new Barbarian PP that focuses around *not* being raged? Does he have to like, protest ridiculous government shenanigans with sit-ins and hunger strikes?

1133965-1.png?1297145727
  • Jack HobbesJack Hobbes Registered User
    edited June 2010
    So is anyone other than me really fucking excited about Themes?

I'm really fucking excited about Themes, as they will add a whole new layer of character options (as well as roleplaying opportunities). Lots of stuff that have strong thematic connotations (Samurai, Pirate, Blackguard, Knight) but weren't strong enough to hold up as their own class (or shared too much of another class' conceptual space) can be re-introduced to the game as Themes.

Yay!

ironzerg wrote: »
    I have a rule zero-zero at my table. If you're debating anything about the rules, and your argument starts with something like "...it just doesn't seem realistic that...", it's automatically invalid.
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm more interested to see how the themes will apply. I'm not a fan of the Primal power source, so if I have to be one to use the Elemental Priest theme I'm going to be disappointed.

Sig1.png
  • ravensmuseravensmuse Registered User
    edited June 2010

Spelljammer had so much potential. If they went back and 'did it right' (no talking about visiting other campaign settings as UFOs, no tinker gnomes, no elvish navy and nothing about that stupid space manta-ray you can never escape), and made it all about the Rock of Bral and sailing, it could really be awesome.

Plus solid nautical rules could really be a strong exportable mechanic. Boats are awesome, and most campaigns end up on a boat at some point.

That one of the WotC people is running two weekly games set in an 'island based campaign world' makes me hope that Spelljammer is in the pipe.

While I agree with you on absolutely needing a 4e Spelljammer, part of the fun of the setting was how friggin' weird it was. Look. Orc Space Nazis, crazy tinker gnomes, intergalactic penguins...that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Removing the silly elements takes some of the wind out of its sails, y'know?

READ MY BLOG - Web Serial Fantasy - Tabletop Gaming Snips & Reviews - Flea Market Hunting
    edited June 2010
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I'm more interested to see how the themes will apply. I'm not a fan of the Primal power source, so if I have to be one to use the Elemental Priest theme I'm going to be disappointed.

Themes apply to anyone who wants them, you don't have to be martial to take gladiator and you don't need to be an arcane user to take templar (as far as I know, I might be mistaken).

edited June 2010

Themes apply to anyone who wants them, you don't have to be martial to take gladiator and you don't need to be an arcane user to take templar (as far as I know, I might be mistaken).

Yeah, but if the powers and such depend on Wisdom then there's still trouble. Excluding Divine and Primal there's not a lot of classes that use it.

Sig1.png
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Maybe they are?

Edit: I do wonder what the hell is going on with her throat though.

There are some serious perspective issues with this that weird me the fuck out. Like, how far down does her crotch extend, because it looks like it's over two feet below her navel. And how are her forearms as thick as her thighs? And there's like no elbow! It's just looks like a smooth curve! wtfwtfwtf

• smeejsmeej Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    How does a Barbarian get initiated into the Frenzied Berserker guild? Does he have to rage out and break down some doors?

What about the new Barbarian PP that focuses around *not* being raged? Does he have to like, protest ridiculous government shenanigans with sit-ins and hunger strikes?
    I tried to make a barbarian power called Hunger Strike as a joke, but I am too tired to do it justice. It involves giving yourself a Weakened state tho!

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • DrswordsDrswords Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Just getting my dot in here.

Also Im fascinated with the Dark Sun podcast. So far its been some great, and dark stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Sooner or later I'll get around to my idea of making monsters themed after people in this thread.

The power names will all be jokes.

Sig1.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Edit: The Apocalypse Spell preview at Wizards now works. Aside from being yet another awesome monster it provides key confirmation that damage has risen in MM3. It's a level 27 skirmisher and does 3d10+19 damage. The normal damage output for a level 27 skirmisher should be: 3d8+9 damage. That's a pretty big hike in damage.

Also bringin' some of the old Greyhawk flavor with the "Rain of Colorless Fire" if I'm not mistaken.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User
    edited June 2010

Straub's character in the new podcasts is a Templar warlord, so you're right that far.

Houn wrote: »
    This is Penny Motherfuckin' Arcade. It's a better class of forum, and you know it.
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys does anybody have the picture of that green elven druid from the third ed. PHB? I'm trying to show my friend the character she'll be playing...

• TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the info about 4e from the previous thread. I am leaning toward 4e now, just gotta push my cohort that way.

NNID: Archpriest
    3DS: 5112-3442-2082
    Kid Icarus, MK7, Heroes of Ruin, Mario Tennis, Colors: 3D
This discussion has been closed.