Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4e - MapTool] Game Over - Inactivus wins!

• RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also; clarification!

A Ki Focus is a tangible object, typically some sort of training aid; it works when worn or carried or whatever. A Superior Ki Focus is not a tangible object; it's more like a specific martial style that influences everything you do.

Commence with the waving of hands.

·
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sorry about that last night Rius. I was on my way out the door and hit log off on my computer instead of switch user. Server is up now and will remain up until it crashes or something. I'll put it up again tomorrow.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    ·
    edited October 2010
    Hehe, it's not a big deal, I just thought it was kinda funny.

·
    edited October 2010
    Well fuck. I know for a fact that I saved the campaign multiple times last night and now the save file reverted to what I did at work night before last. I even have it set to auto-save when you exit the program. *sighs*

·
    edited October 2010
    SC, if you get the chance, can you put the server up tonight?

·
    edited October 2010
    Sorry Rius, I left at 10pm and totally spazzed about putting the server up. Was having problems at home.

·
    edited October 2010
    Spoiler:

This is what I've been working on in my spare time. My own take on D&D 4e mechanics, streamlined for use online with MapTool. Soooooo much easier to script combat for.

·
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    those new monster tokens are purty

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    The whole thing is cool looking, heh.

SC, if you can put up the server for this evening I'll make all my macros tonight for tomorrow's game.

·
    edited October 2010
    Server is up Rius.

·
    edited October 2010
    Thanks; I'll work on Kell when I get home from work.

·
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've just realized that tonight's when a friend was having his birthday get together and it's likely that I'll be gone for most of the evening.

Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
    ·
    edited October 2010
    That's alright Aegis. Life before games.

·
    edited October 2010
    Didn't get a chance to work on macros last night >< I'll have to crank them out as we play tonight. I'll get home as soon as I can to start working on them.

·
    edited October 2010
    Server is still up. FYI.

·
    edited October 2010
    I might be able to work on them at lunch then today... hmm.

·
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2006

janus updated

sorry that took so long

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
    ·
  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm gonna be available for the game but i'm sickly. Like a gazelle. 180px-Sickly_Gazelle.png

Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    Server is up. Somehow I lost the save file from last week... so if you added any powers during the last session... you'll have to add it again. Sorry!

·
    edited October 2010
    Cant seem to connect. I get a lag out.

repub_sig.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    One moment, let me save it and reload.

Ok, it's reloaded now.

·
    edited October 2010
    I got nothing. I cant see the game at all now.

repub_sig.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    *sighs* Ok, rebooting the entire computer now.

·
    edited October 2010
    And rebooted.

·
    edited October 2010
    I cant see it still. maybe give me the IP again. I will try with that?

repub_sig.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    Don't have to work tonight. So if people are able to, we can play a little bit longer this evening.

·
    edited October 2010
    Server up. I'll be working on it off and on.

·
    edited October 2010
    Well I should be. If i dont fall asleep.

repub_sig.jpg
    ·
    edited October 2010
    Updates
    -- Minions are now immune to damage when missed.
    -- Attacks will auto-fail on a natural 1.
    -- Expanded critical hit ranges now work properly.
    -- Experimenting with reduced HP totals on Monsters to speed up combat. Damage increased slightly to compensate.
    -- Monsters and Players are no longer healed to full by editing their character sheets.

·
    edited October 2010
    -- removed

·
    edited October 2010
    Ugh. Something to do with adding VBL while the server is running completely hoses it.

·
    edited October 2010
    Session 012, 013 & 014: Path to the Eternal Sea

- The Order enters the southern region of the A'shiruum Forest, a vast network of fungus covered caverns
    - Ryzoma, a twisted race of sentient mushrooms, attack and force the fungal giants to attack the party as well
    - A few hours later, a pack of hunting sporebats descends on the Order
    - The scent of burning mushroom enrages nearby fungal giants, causing them to trumpet a call to arms
    - Hordes of the "gentle" giants bear down on the party from the north and south caverns
    - Inside one of the giants, the party finds an ancient steel horn, which Mian promptly sounds
    - A second horde of giants are called into the area, driving the party deeper into the caverns, instead of towards the Eternal Sea
    Treasure Update
    • 1 unadorned, plain dagger
    • 1 map of the Thore River Vale w/Bounty on Onyx on the back...
    • 2,120 gp in various coins and gems in an old treasure chest...
    • Sunblade +2 (Long sword)
    • Fiery Shield (Encounter Power: Fiery Strike, triggered when bearer is critically hit. Next attack deals +2d6 fire damage.)
    • Potions of Superior Healing (15 hp for a surge) x4
    • Vials of Alchemist's Fire x4
    • Horn of Summons
    • Basket of Plenty
    • Hunter's Flint

·
    edited October 2010
    I really liked how Kell and Onyx pulled some action movie back-to-back at the end of that fight.

·
    edited October 2010
    I had fun finally getting to use the fungal giants push 3 attack haha. Especially playing ping-pong with the monk.

·
    edited October 2010
    You got a couple of good hits in a row, dropped me from full HP to about a third in two shots. That was slightly worrysome =)

·
    edited October 2010
    It made the encounter more interesting. :mrgreen: I didn't actually get a chance to increase damage like I planned. I think after last night's encounter, I'm going to leave it as is. The MM3 new damage combined with more monsters with less HP will make things exciting.

·
    edited October 2010
    It'll certainly improve my efficiency. Last night really showed me that Monks are multi-target strikers.

·
    edited October 2010
    I know. It was nice to see the party with some real damage dealing capabilities. Helped speed combat along.

·
    edited October 2010
    Paragon will kick up Flurry of Blows quite a bit; right now it's just one adjacent target. At Paragon it'll be one or two adjacent targets plus one target within 5 squares (with Starblade Flurry).

·
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kell and Onyx having a metric ton of close bursts will make future combats amusing.

Provided we don't keep having large monsters thrown at us :P My Close Burst 1s weep at the positioning.

Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
    ·