As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40k] Tim is on a horse. Monocle smile!

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Page 89! How is the new OP coming, Tim?!

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Next week can't come soon enough!! Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_E83GfWM-A

Let's hope this lights a fire under those http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/ guys and they'll make a good quality product!!

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    KrakaggarKrakaggar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Next week can't come soon enough!! Can't wait!

Let's hope this lights a fire under those http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/ guys and they'll make a good quality product!!

Dan Abnett is the screenwriter? Holy poop.

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We had these in the dorms a few years back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverfish

In other news, the day of victory has come! The final tally is in, and Demonhunters take 1st prize for the escalation league. Tim, my brother, and myself win the purse of $50. We are probably going to let Tim use it to beef up his Dwarf army that he's starting. Its a very satisfactory end to a very long campaign.

saluksic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    im sure Tim will appreciate that... Whoever the hell he is :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SC Trailer

That... isn't good at all. It has the pacing of something fan made.

It is pretty though.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my job is so fucking awesome

edit: and yet again, I can't tell you why. :(

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    blah blah blah

Nax on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I finally got my galleries back up for both Games Day Toronto 2009 and Astronomi-con Toronto 2009 if anyone's interested. Kind of old now though :P

Dayspring - I have backups of your Games Day UK 2010 pictures, mind if I throw them back up?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Matrias wrote: »

You know, you should just start randomly pming screen shots to those of us in this thread. I can guarantee we wouldn't give them or you away.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KrakaggarKrakaggar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You know, you should just start randomly pming screen shots to those of us in this thread. I can guarantee we wouldn't give them or you away.

I would.

I mean

uh

How about that Battlefoam.

Krakaggar on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Matrias wrote: »

Hahahahaha!

no.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I assume its something awesome I know about, or have speculated about, or something I made up in my mind and its as awesome as that. Regardless, I can imagine the awesome :P

On another note, my LGS is getting some of these guys in. I think I'll pick up a kit, just for the legs and bodies. I have enough spare other IG parts that I can just make some greatcoat cadians out of them all :P

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I'm about 9 hours away from flying out to compete in High Lords of Terra, the Australian masters. Naturally I've played a total of 1 practice game, and no games at all with my final list! I do have my lucky dice and lucky Tyranid badge though, so I should do OK :P.

Wish me luck!

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    I finally got my galleries back up for both Games Day Toronto 2009 and Astronomi-con Toronto 2009 if anyone's interested. Kind of old now though :P

Dayspring - I have backups of your Games Day UK 2010 pictures, mind if I throw them back up?

go for it dude

@tim: sorry to hear about your grandfather man

@ asher: good luck, consume all before you and add their genetic material to your own

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ASHER! I am so glad you posted and reminded me of this!

Earlier today, I went to the post office to mail Counterspin some mini's, and when I got out of my car, I saw this SUV parked next to me and I immediately thought of you:
    chester.jpg?t=1279850399

It's a good omen for you!

Nax on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Asher wrote: »
    Well, I'm about 9 hours away from flying out to compete in High Lords of Terra, the Australian masters. Naturally I've played a total of 1 practice game, and no games at all with my final list! I do have my lucky dice and lucky Tyranid badge though, so I should do OK :P.

Wish me luck!

Speaking of army specific wearable gear....

I made myself an Ork pirate hat much like Kaptain Badrukk....

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    for yourself, or for your orks?

Dayspring on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Few things.

I pop into this thread from time to time just to see what's up in the TT 40k scene.

I would like to thank whoever recommended Eisenhorn to me for funsies reading. I enjoyed it pretty well. I'm now working on Horus Rising which seems really cool so far.

Is the current edition of TT 5th or 4th? The guy in the store quoted me $70 on the starter boxed set and my soon to be 8 year old seems very interested in it. I think that would would probably be enough for me and the kid to have some battles and see if he really digs it.

Really, I'm looking forward to do some painting. That was so relaxing (for the most part) when I used to play and scratched my small creative itch.

Thoughts (good and bad) on the minis that come in the boxed set? The marines are pretty generic looking so I should have no problem if I want to paint them as say Blood Angels or something?

I saw that Blood Angels squad with the wings and I'm just dying to paint it.

Thanks guys!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We're on 5th now.
    The current box set is called Assault on Black Reach and comes with orks and marines. It's pretty fantastic, even if you don't use either army, sell the figures on ebay etc etc.

The marines can of course all be used as BA. I'm not sure tactical squads, captains or terminators are likely to find their way into anything like a bleeding edge competitive BA list, but yeah, paint them red and away you go!

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The starter box is amazing. Rules, dice, templates, and minis! The Marines are generic, but thats what makes them awesome. They can pretty much be used to start ANY codex adherent space marine chapter (of which the Blood Angels are). Is also has Orks! And the basis of any Ork army (as anyone here will tell you), is MOAR BOYZ!

So, the starter box is the absolute best way for you and your son to start out, and get models that can be apart of your armies for a very long time to come

Nax on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    +1 for starter box. It's a great value no matter how you slice it, and if you use the marines as space wolves then you just get even MORE value since everyone knows wolves are the best marines.

IT's a great value, and totally worth it.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's like, 250$ worth of stuff for 90$. Buy the fucking thing.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BUY TWO!

Edit: Ok. I've just assembled a vehicle. One sponson is super tight and is lovely. One sponson is entirely loose and annoying. Any tips on how to tighten that up without just straight gluing it in place? I'd rather not do that

Edit2: Ah hah! Fixed it

Nax on
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Black Reach = good stuff. We must have bought 3 of those by now.

Too late, but Nax, I've always been able to use the yellow component of Green Stuff to make wobbly things less wobbly without resorting to glue.

saluksic on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I haven't played a game of 40k since.... well I don't remember when. Well me and a friend are going to be rocking and rolling a couple of games today and I figured it'd be kinda cool to do some sort of Battle Report and you guys critique, since frankly all the advice he'll give me -- at least for fantasy- is "Don't take that it's bad," and, "That was a bad move."

Heck I might do something to what Vaulsc does on youtube and make it a couple of clips and talk through it.

If I do the second option John Madden will be smattered throughout the entire thing.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Id be happy to add my thoughts if they might help

Nax on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I had a dream where I was playing a Necron army with the Deceiver in it, but instead of normal models, the Deceiver looked like the Kool-aid man and all the various necrons were different types of glasses. He kept saying, "Ooooo-Yeaaaahh." when I moved him around.

I blame lack of sleep.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited July 2010
    DHalsim,

You want us to critique your list? We'll help you out. Also, the batreps are ALWAYS fun, you can never have too many of those.

@tim: wtf man. Just... wtf

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    @tim: [noparse]o_@; [/noparse]

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Apparently, this is one of my space wolf sergeants:

sealab-2021-season-two-20050317112016736.jpg

Just ask Nax.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i dont seem to see a problem with this.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also spork have you seen this? awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ArIj236UHs

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That is fucking hilarious

SJ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    Apparently, this is one of my space wolf sergeants:

sealab-2021-season-two-20050317112016736.jpg

Just ask Nax.

When you get home tonight, take a picture of the mini and post it up next to this. The thread will agree with me.

Nax on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i think i know which one, and i actually agree with nax on this one. also nax how is the list im entitling "SILVER FISH HAND CATCH" coming along.... you know you want to run it.....

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    That is fucking hilarious

Agreed.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So my cousin is coming to town with his newly erected (hah, erect) Eldar army next week. He's new to 40k but utterly destroys me in Fantasy. So I want to return the favor with my newly gifted Orks. Hows this look? 999 points
    Warboss
    Mega Armor
    Cybork
    Attack Squig

5x Mega Nobz
    3x Shoota Skorcha
    2x Rokkit Launcher

Trukk
    Reinforced Ram
    Red Paint

11xBoyz
    Stikkbombs

Nob
    Power Claw
    Boss Pole

Trukk
    Reinforced Ram
    Red Paint

29x Boys
    Big Shoota x3
    Stikkbombs

Nob
    Power Klaw
    Heavy Armor
    Boss Pole

11x Kommandos
    2x Big Shoota

Kommando Nob
    Power Klaw
    Heavy Armor
    Boss Pole

My goal is to surround him in 2 turns and completely overwhelm him by the 4th. Then I'm going to tell him that his wood elves are stupid and spit in his face. (Some or all of that may or may not happen.)

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Meganobs in a trukk is just asking for a long walk across the table. Especially against Eldar, whose vehicles have the maneuverability to get at you behind cover - you don't have a KFF to keep your vehicles protected.

Never buy your boyz stikkbombs, ever. Think about what they do for you. They let you charge at I3 into cover. The only things in the game that aren't still going before you are the kinds of things that you'd win combat against, even if they got to go twice before you could attack.

Never buy big shootas for kommandos. Or rokkits, for that matter. It's either burnas, or nothing, as that's the only squad you have that can easily get across the board with them.

Don't put special weapons in your regular boyz squads, even your foot slogging ones. Do you want 9 BS2 big shoota shots, or do you want to run d6" closer to the enemy? If your plan is to surround your opponent quickly, that's not much of an option.

I would suggest taking a Mek with a KFF instead of a Warboss, because I always use one, and it is always worth it, no matter what's happening. Footslogging, vehicles, whatever. Always useful. Any points costs. Doesn't matter, he's always being useful.

Put reinforced rams on your Trukks at a minimum, I usually also take extra armor just in case, but it's not necessary. Give 'eavy armor to all of your Nobz, and fill out your Kommando unit.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Slaps, SJ knows what he's talking about and that's all good advice. Sounds like you can add more boyz to your list even... which is never a bad thing.

edit: J

altmann on

signature.png
This discussion has been closed.