As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

new iPod classic is all sorts of messed up

HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought a 160GB iPod two weeks ago in anticipation of getting a iPod docking system installed into my car today. Other then the first sync I have not used the ipod till today. Got the dock installed into my 2010 Mazda 3 and plugged the iPod into it. Nothing happened. Car screen said nothing found and I check the iPod which says connected to Mazda. I unplug it which then showed me there were no songs on it. I check the storage on it and its depicting 32GB have been used though which is what I put on awhile back. So I go home to resync and now that doesn't work.

Once I plug in this happens:
- Windows 7 pops up saying do I want to scan and fix the hard drive on the iPod. If I try then nothing happens. Exploring the device freezes Explorer for a long while.
-iTunes will boot but will appear frozen. You can't click on anything or drag the window around. Task manager say Not Responding and nothing happens if you click it on the task bar.
-Upon unplugging the iPod then iTunes will come back up saying "iPod can not be synched. Folder not found." and then will back out of the iPod sync section.

I have tried restarting the iPod itself, uninstalling itunes and all the other apple programs and then reinstalling after restart. No change. I'm pretty pissed now since not only is this my first forray into Apple products but with the ipod and the gear for the car, I have spent a good chunk of change. Closest Apple store is a good ways away too and of course I have no reliable phone service near my computer for tech support.

steam_sig.png
HyperAquaBlast on

• Options
    bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Try restoring the iPod through iTunes.

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    iTunes stops working if the iPod is connected. So I can't do anything with them at the same time.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    runethomasrunethomas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm not an ipod expert, but I think you can hold down the middle button and it does a hard reset.

runethomas on