As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Oh, it's Ad hominem attacks now?

That doesn't mean what you think it means. An Ad Hominem attack is an attempt to win an argument about one thing by making personal attacks about something unrelated. I am, in fact, stating that anyone who defends that screenshot of the Elin, and the game which encapsulates it, as a morally repugnant individual. So, it's not an ad hominem argument; it's actually my argument.

Actually you're just being a goose and should probably drop it, apologizing would be cool too but I wouldn't expect it given your attitude.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

That doesn't mean what you think it means. An Ad Hominem attack is an attempt to win an argument about one thing by making personal attacks about something unrelated. I am, in fact, stating that anyone who defends that screenshot of the Elin, and the game which encapsulates it, as a morally repugnant individual. So, it's not an ad hominem argument; it's actually my argument.

Actually you're just being a goose and should probably drop it, apologizing would be cool too but I wouldn't expect it given your attitude.

What attitude is that, now? Disappointment that portions of this community continue to accept sexism that pushes us so far backward in gaming that it blows my mind? Or the extreme distaste for people embracing what is still a disturbingly disgusting facet of the art of a game that no one should accept or promote?

Gaming has been making huge strides lately in being more open to people, regardless of gender. Seeing this tripe over and over is frustrating. I'm reminded of the comics making fun of the witch toucher game for the DS, and wonder how this is any different.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

What attitude is that, now? Disappointment that portions of this community continue to accept sexism that pushes us so far backward in gaming that it blows my mind? Or the extreme distaste for people embracing what is still a disturbingly disgusting facet of the art of a game that no one should accept or promote?

Gaming has been making huge strides lately in being more open to people, regardless of gender. Seeing this tripe over and over is frustrating. I'm reminded of the comics making fun of the witch toucher game for the DS, and wonder how this is any different.

You make a very valid point, and such a discussion should warrant it's own thread instead of cluttering up this one.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    I don't get it.. So you're just gonna pretend that part of the game doesn't exist? You either support the game or you don't. You find an entire race disturbingly disgusting and believe no one should accept it or promote it? Sounds like this isn't the game for you.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    He doesn't play. He just posted a screen of a different country's version of the game for the sake of a perfectly valid discussion topic that should go in Debate and Discourse and not the screenshot thread.

Because it should be made clear we don't want the thread locked because one person can't keep things on topic.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    Because I started this, nobody is getting punished so long as everyone agrees to drop it and post exclusively popori screenshots.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Because I started this, nobody is getting punished so long as everyone agrees to drop it and post exclusively popori screenshots.

I lost my screenshots of Mr. Floof the happy Ferret Lancer =(

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I cannot, captain dreamboat is far too dreamy to remain hidden

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I somehow suspect that Captain Dreamboat isn't at issue.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    TERA_ScreenShot_20120508_214751.png

Pumpleton, slayer of snacks.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Welcome to the best race

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So is this the thread where I post my awesome Elin screencaps? Because I have quite a few.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I would ask that you all maybe be a bit more considerate of others when posting the more...TERA screenshots (for lack of a better word). I know an MMO screenshot thread probably isn't work safe by most standards, but a few of the recent screens would be considered NSFW anywhere else on the forum. Maybe just link with a warning instead.

I'm not singling out TERA here. The slave outfit screens from TOR would fall under this as well.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Today at work I discovered there are slave outfits in TOR. I will properly investigate when I get home... probably won't post screens.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Today at work I discovered there are slave outfits in TOR. I will properly investigate when I get home... probably won't post screens.

They social vendor is in the bar on Nar Shaddas I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    ah damn that lvl range probably means it's social 3-4 which none of my characters have yet. dreams crushed.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's only Social 2.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    TERA shots, not by me, but to further show off just how goddamn gorgeous this game is.

First, I want this fur coat:
    BEitJ.jpg

xjh2b.jpg
    That big stick in the background? That's an ax. I have no clue what the deal is with it but I wanna find out.

rlMsD.jpg
    Kaiator, the Amani city.

IzMjB.jpg
    77aOV.jpg

More incredible detail:
    f8bTC.jpg
    mme7g.jpg

And some Tier 7 Castanic metal armor:
    8vL5P.jpg
    a9pXu.jpg

Hopefully I can get some screens of my own up in here in the next couple of days.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options

If you did a bit, you can find the screens I posted. I was both amused and disturbed that they let me tank in a bikini.

The worst part is that modding all that shit was way more expensive than I realized, and it took a while for me to afford the cash to switch to that sweet social set from Corellia.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Abs incoming

2w2l98o.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    TERA detail? How about this.

BtnJU.jpg

Just outside of the lvl 41 Dungeon, looking up from ground level.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    TERA shots, not by me, but to further show off just how goddamn gorgeous this game is.

First, I want this fur coat:
    *image snip*

See, if I could play a character that looked that pimping, I'd actually be okay with TERA.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

If you did a bit, you can find the screens I posted. I was both amused and disturbed that they let me tank in a bikini.

The worst part is that modding all that shit was way more expensive than I realized, and it took a while for me to afford the cash to switch to that sweet social set from Corellia.

Did they ever add alternate ways to get social rank? I like my alt but one of the reasons (of which the list was long) I quit was that it was simply unrealistic to ever reach my main's social rank, as I'm never going to get other people to spend a hundred hours doing all quests with me again

override367 on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    For social ranks you got to be....social so that means teaming up with people where you make choices.

Most people just run the first big ship thing your put into when you get off the fleet for either faction be it Black Talon or Essles with a person or two to get it up.

Cade on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Yeah that's stupid, I leveled for 40 levels not doing a single quest solo, and then hey if I want to roll another character I better do it again

Probably something they'll sort out eventually

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So there was this random staircase of platforms that curved around a mountain and led to nowhere. Finding this out, I mounted my Narnia lion and jumped to my not death...as you can't die from fall damage you see.

And yes you cannot see it well but I am fully clothed in a kick ass body suit. We elves have more class than the lesser races.

AbrOP.jpg

gDdi5.jpg

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Some more lovely scenery.

wST6b.jpg
    xXgbR.jpg
    zJzvV.jpg

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    The Secret World NDA-less beta starts this weekend. I'll try to get some screenshots for you guys. Not sure how good it'll look but it wont look like trash.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    heartwood more like pandorawood right

terascreenshot201205101.jpg

• Options
    Heartwood is probably my favorite zone that I have seen yet.

I will go take some pics of it tonight.

Steam
  • Options
    I

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Even the dragonpeople get slutarmor in TERA

arouo.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Chainmail bikinis I can understand, but TERA's love for armor covering one leg has me perplexed.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Asymmetry draws attention.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    By that he means it look cooler.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Even the dragonpeople get slutarmor in TERA
    snip

This screenshot actually gets me interested in the game. The character and style of armor actually screams "berzerker" to me.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Alas, it is a robe.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    It's low level leather armor actually, for the warrior

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Really? I stand corrected then.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Alas, it is a robe.

No idea what that means since I've never played TERA. But if I apply known MMO law, that's probably inappropriate armor for a warrior class and while it looks cool is not functional.

This discussion has been closed.