As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need Medicare advice

harvestharvest By birthright,a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I won my social security disability hearing in April and now I'm about to be switched from Medicaid to Medicare. I need some advice on how to choose a health care plan (and if I even need to) and how to choose a Part D prescription drug plan.

The government websites are totally stuffed full of data but I don't understand most of it. It's kind of like it was designed for employees of the Social Security Administration rather than customers.

So, the details are like this. I am disabled based on DSM-IV qualifications for mental health. I need a health care plan that will cover seeing a psychiatrist, a therapist, and a medication management nurse. I also need prescription drug coverage for anti depressants, anti psychotics, benzodiazepenes, and tranquilizers. Specifically trazodone, clonazepam, oxcarbazepine, and sertraline.

I live in Benton County, Washington, in 99320, near 99336 and 99352/99353.

So I know exactly what I need but finding information on how/who/where the services come from is proving difficult. Plus, both pharmacists I talked to aren't allowed to make suggestions along these lines.

Any experience in this area, anyone?

B6yM5w2.gif
harvest on