As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The final E3 Keynote Real Time Discussion Thread! Konami keynote over

• Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Any vids from the HD 2D Castlevania game?

In the castlevania thread

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MGS: Rising?

More like MGS: Horrifying Dismemberment Pinata

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I need to watch a 720p version of the Silent Hill trailer before I can pass initial judgment.

Aside from the Glee crap, I found the Konami conference highly entertaining. Wrestling luchadores, rappers, faaaaaabulous Japanese men, the trench-coat gag, Konami's show was way better than Ubi or EA's. It wasn't boring.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I need to watch a 720p version of the Silent Hill trailer before I can pass initial judgment.

Aside from the Glee crap, I found the Konami conference highly entertaining. Wrestling luchadores, rappers, faaaaaabulous Japanese men, the trench-coat gag, Konami's show was way better than Ubi or EA's. It wasn't boring.

I dont think HD is going to fix it, did you see the animation? Do they just have one bad engine that they keep reusing? Thankfuly it has a year to fix that but Konami is really, really desperate to kill that franchise off.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I get the feeling Konami is doing all they can to kill off Silent Hill.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok, so this game is by the Devil May Cry/Okami/Viewtiful Joe team.

It's a cel-shaded DMC set in the world of the Bible:
    http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-redefining-religious-games-with-el-shaddai-176760.phtml
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCbe0OOzIjA

Looks pretty cool so far.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fucking enoch? I was actually just wondering why no one had ever made a game about him lol.

This looks awesome.

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It looks pretty cool and sounds pretty dumb

Japan's got some weird idea of monotheism, like it was explained to them vaguely in broken Japanese and now they think they totally get it so they made an anime video game about it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    what new rising info was there?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    theclam wrote: »

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-redefining-religious-games-with-el-shaddai-176760.phtml

Okay, that looked awesome. Just jumped to the top of my most interested list.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gyral wrote: »

Okay, that looked awesome. Just jumped to the top of my most interested list.

Agreed, the art style alone sells it and it might actually be a decent game too.

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, Silent Hill 8 looks terrible. Why has Konami utterly abandoned a franchise that was once brilliant to western developers who simply don't know how to do it right?

Urian on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Kor wrote: »
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Lynx wrote: »
    I am sorry, using a 3DS will totally get you girls and none of your friends will make fun of you.

My girlfriend is cool with it. Most of my friends own a DS or a PSP. Stereotype much?

Well I am in the military, that shit gets you made fun of, probably for the entire day.

I had a friend in the US Army's 82nd Airborne. You know what he did all 4 years he spent in the middle east? hunted down the 3 fucking legendary dogs in pokemon gold.

Yeah, maybe the problem isn't the DS/3DS?

I already look like a nerdy guy, I need all the help I can get and playing a 3D gameboy isn't going to help.

What the hell is with SW:TOR? I swore I would never play another MMO again but this one keeps looking better.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    No Zone of the Enders 3? ; ;

Did Kojima reveal the third game that was hinted at on his blog? Maybe there's still hope..?

Also, huh, El Shaddai. This is the game that the guys on 1Up have been talking about for a while, so glad to see they weren't bullshitting about it looking decent.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I already look like a nerdy guy, I need all the help I can get and playing a 3D gameboy isn't going to help.
    How the hell would a gameboy make you look nerdy? They are everywhere. It won't make you look like any more of a nerd than any person who plays a PS2.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Urian wrote: »
    Ugh, Silent Hill 8 looks terrible. Why has Konami utterly abandoned a franchise that was once brilliant to western developers who simply don't know how to do it right?

This is the 6,666,666 dollar question. SH2 is like the be all and end all of horror games and yet since they've just willingly slapped the name on anything and continued to switch platforms and developers without consistency, fragmenting the user base and tarnishing their reputation. They've taken the opportunity to release the bland and broken Homecoming plus an unnecessary addition to SH1 and then a 're-imagining' of SH1 instead of doing anything with the franchise. I mean they may have other franchises but the only notable one I can think of with Konami is MGS so tearing down SH is not the best business practice. Eventually the good will is gonna wear out.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    How the hell would a gameboy make you look nerdy? They are everywhere. It won't make you look like any more of a nerd than any person who plays a PS2.

It's about as nerdy as fiddling with your phone or MP3 player.

And I don't think anybody's going to make fun of you when they see you snapping a dude's neck in 3D.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It's about as nerdy as fiddling with your phone or MP3 player.

And I don't think anybody's going to make fun of you when they see you snapping a dude's neck in 3D.

And then you get to experience muggings...in 4D!

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I agree with you but from my personal experience that is how people see it. A few people will bring in a PSP to work and there are some iphones but I the last couple times I saw a DS they were made fun. I am guessing they view it as something more for little kids. I work with a lot of people who have no idea about technology or video games. Most people if they play games just play Call of Duty or Madden, thats about it.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Urian wrote: »

This is the 6,666,666 dollar question. SH2 is like the be all and end all of horror games and yet since they've just willingly slapped the name on anything and continued to switch platforms and developers without consistency, fragmenting the user base and tarnishing their reputation. They've taken the opportunity to release the bland and broken Homecoming plus an unnecessary addition to SH1 and then a 're-imagining' of SH1 instead of doing anything with the franchise. I mean they may have other franchises but the only notable one I can think of with Konami is MGS so tearing down SH is not the best business practice. Eventually the good will is gonna wear out.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are my two favorite horror games of all time, and 2 is probably one of my favorite games ever in general. It's just so beautiful and artistic. It all went downhill with The Room and the really really unfocused direction that game had. Now, like you said, they don't even know what they're doing. It just took a tailspin from brilliance to mediocrity so quickly.

Urian on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I agree with you but from my personal experience that is how people see it. A few people will bring in a PSP to work and there are some iphones but I the last couple times I saw a DS they were made fun. I am guessing they view it as something more for little kids. I work with a lot of people who have no idea about technology or video games. Most people if they play games just play Call of Duty or Madden, thats about it.

Solution: show them a 3D photo of you giving the middle finger.
    or your cock

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Found some more cool games that I haven't heard any discussion about:

Black Prophecy
    Looks to be a Guild Wars style pseudo-MMO with Wing Commander/Freelancer gameplay. It's free to play, probably will include micropayments.

Lost in Shadow
    Puzzle platformer where you play as a shadow and manipulate light.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/lost-in-shadow-e3-trailer/17-2759/

Tera
    An MMORPG with a good combat system!?
    http://www.giantbomb.com/tera-e3-trailer/17-2757/

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Konami is streaming the conference on a loop at their site, so I'm like halfway through now (up to the choir). Dear lord, I don't even know what to say about this conference. It's just absolutely insane!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had this weird dream where one of the keynotes was a musical, sung to Scar's Theme from the Lion King and the donkey kong rap. One of the lyrics was we'll make Konami cry out for mommy.

Sounds like a Capcom event to me.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I am aroused by this post in a manner that some may call sexual.

I wanted you to know that.

Monger on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, shit. Doesn't sound like Capcom has anything on Monster Hunter Frontier, does it.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh my god that enoch game is beautiful

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Black Prophecy
    Looks to be a Guild Wars style pseudo-MMO with Wing Commander/Freelancer gameplay. It's free to play, probably will include micropayments.

Lost in Shadow

Tera

That Black Prophecy game looks hot

But it sounds way too good to be true

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lost in Shadow

Wii only. :(

edit: Yes, if you look at my sig you'll see I do own a Wii. But I put it in my sons' room more than a year ago. Their room lacks comfortable furniture for adults.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, shit. Doesn't sound like Capcom has anything on Monster Hunter Frontier, does it.

CAPCOM JUST DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! NOW!

I mean come on. Yes, its more expensive than your regular game. But we have all sorts of small companies in the US and Europe making MMOs based on brand new IPs.

Capcom is an established company, Monster Hunter is an established IP, and Frontier has already been out for years! There isn't a more secure way to release a MMO, not to mention it would ride on the tails of Tri. Sure it wasn't mega popular, but it was a HUGE boost.

RAGE!

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

No it's not. They just have a few former Clover employees and apparently none of them are well known enough to name.

Anyway, watching the Konami conference right now and the Glee stuff was unbearable. Silent Hill looks like a PS3/360 game, albeit a pretty low budget one (kinda like this conference). Kojima clearly didn't think it was worth showing up to.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I mean come on. Yes, its more expensive than your regular game. But we have all sorts of small companies in the US and Europe making MMOs based on brand new IPs.

Capcom is an established company, Monster Hunter is an established IP, and Frontier has already been out for years! There isn't a more secure way to release a MMO, not to mention it would ride on the tails of Tri. Sure it wasn't mega popular, but it was a HUGE boost.

RAGE!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Black Prophecy

Lost in Shadow

Tera

That Black Prophecy game looks hot

But it sounds way too good to be true

OMG Black Prophecy. I'd be willing to pay for that. Provided it's good and all.... :P

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah Black Prophecy looks super sweet. Just wish you could walk around in physical form inside space stations and stuff. Visit bars and shit like that.

Urian on
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

RAGE!

mmm tastes like lime.

So... we're 3 days into e3? Any chance of more surprises? Quite frankly, so many of the conferences are disappointments. The only real surprise to me was the 3DS, or at least its games.

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone have a link to a video of the Konami conference?

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I know, I'm probably the only one who remembers, much less bitches about how CoD4 won the graphics award at the GDC where it was revealed, but I'm starting to think that there really is a systemic bias against Crysis. Despite being a major part of EA's fall lineup, IGN didn't mention it once in their best of E3 lists, puting such amazing competition as a random XBLA game instead

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone have a link to a video of the Konami conference?

The archived version will show up here, but the conference is still looping here. Aww, the ninety nine nights guy is up right now. EXXXTREEME

Musan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wish they would release an E3 Twisted Metal demo.

Urian on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wish they would release any E3 demos.

Professor Snugglesworth on