Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The final E3 Keynote Real Time Discussion Thread! Konami keynote over

1434445464749»

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    It still amazes me how many people want them to spend the time and money to remake such a horribly mediocre RPG. :?

Because it was a very important game that many people love.

Yea, tis true I suppose. To many that was their first forray into RPGs.

I have that sort of connection with certain games I grew up playing....someone told me today that he thinks Earthbound sucks and he doesn't understand why people like it so much, I about tore out his juggular. :x

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It still amazes me how many people want them to spend the time and money to remake such a horribly mediocre RPG. :?

I have that sort of connection with certain games I grew up playing....someone told me today that he thinks Earthbound sucks and he doesn't understand why people like it so much, I about tore out his juggular. :x

No court would have found you guilty.

PSN; AlbertBOMB
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I still need to finish Earthbound. I do see the appeal, it is one of those games that isn't quite what it seems to be.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm

Well he's not doing ZOE 3

I guess it could be Snatcher? I fucking hope it's Snatcher

Either that or it's a) a remake of a Metal Gear game, which would make sense if Kojima wanted to keep on milking that cash cow until it's dry or b) it's a new IP

It's either that or he's gotten the rights to do a game around a different character or something, which almost seems more likely to me these days than a new IP

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

you know they would make $texas off it

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost oh shit son Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's time for Mutant League Football 2.

this is your brain on seven yottabytes of suicidegirls and sixty pounds of pot
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gametrailers put up the Konami press conference. It's in 7 parts though. Just fyi in case there's anyone who still hasn't seen it and hates themselves enough to watch it.

XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna watch the Konami press conference in its entirety. It'll be the only one that I don't fast-forward through, skimming.

camo_sig.png
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Gametrailers put up the Konami press conference. It's in 7 parts though. Just fyi in case there's anyone who still hasn't seen it and hates themselves enough to watch it.

Nonsense.

Anyone who watches the konami conference comes out as a different and better person.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth You Don't Even Know, ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I was curious, aside from GiantBomb, what are some good and overall recommended podcasts concerning E3 and beyond?

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

No court would have found you guilty.

The actual gameplay of Earthbound is uncompelling at best.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I was curious, aside from GiantBomb, what are some good and overall recommended podcasts concerning E3 and beyond?

Anything not giantbomb

PSN; AlbertBOMB
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth You Don't Even Know, ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Anything not giantbomb

You'll need to be more specific. Preferably I would like podcasts that avoid sales talk and marketing and focuses more on being funny or otherwise laid back.

What's wrong with Giantbomb? I haven't listened to their podcasts in a while, but I thought they were generally liked?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Anything not giantbomb

You'll need to be more specific. Preferably I would like podcasts that avoid sales talk and marketing and focuses more on being funny or otherwise laid back.

What's wrong with Giantbomb? I haven't listened to their podcasts in a while, but I thought they were generally liked?

Giant Bomb's final E3 podcast was a giant bomb... of drunkenness

Except it was only this one chick who was really drunk and she was super annoying

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah. The Giant Bombcast became a bit of a wankfest during E3.

• DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The gaping holes in our hearts left by 1upYours' absence are still apparent and painful.

PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Weekend Confirmed says wha?

The true hole left in my heart is for GFW podcast and a regular Idle Thumbs.

UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Weekend Confirmed says wha?

The true hole left in my heart is for GFW podcast and a regular Idle Thumbs.

I tried listening to weekend confirmed. They're even more fanboyish and wanky than NeoGAF D:

camo_sig2.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire Infamously Neon-Powered Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Yeah. The Giant Bombcast became a bit of a wankfest during E3.

That's fairly typical for them though.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire